Planisware

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.2

Implementation Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planisware in February 2015.

Typical interview process. Reached out to HR through University recruitment portal. Received an email back after a couple days to submit a Cover Letter and answer a few questions from my prior experience. Then I was invited to a conference call with someone in the East Coast office. The call lasted for about an hr and consisted of answering question from my resume and a technical challenge in the end. Immediately, I was invited on site to San Francisco because thats where I wanted to work (they made me choose between East and West coast). The on site interview was long, lasted about 5.5 hrs (10AM to 3:30 PM) including 3 behavioral interview, 15 min presentation on project management, 2 more interviews after lunch, and a product demo in the end. Everything I mentioned above moved really fast(~1.5 weeks).

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers, technical questions, mystery functions etc...   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planisware in January 2015.

Step 1: Written Responses - I was asked to respond to a few questions. First, I was asked to provide answers to basic HR questions such as when I would be available to begin working. Second, they provided me with 4 questions in two categories. I was able to chose one question from each category and respond to it. The first category pertained to software implementation, and the second category pertained to project management, explicitly client engagement and experience with a product cycle.

Step 2: Phone Interview (Screening) #1 - A basic screening where experience, and personal interests are discussed.

Step 3: Phone Interview (Technical Assessment) #2 - A collection of logic problems, high level development questions (things you'd see in an intro to programming class, more theory based), and inquiries on how your professional experience relates to the role.

Step 4: Onsite interview - The onsite experience consisted of 2 Interviews, Lunch, Presentation, Concluding Interview. The first interview was with an HR member, consisting of behavioral questions and an opportunity to ask questions about the position and company. The second interview consisted of logic problems and a programming question. You were informed about the presentation before the interview, you had to present on a project you had worked on in the past. The final interview was a tutorial on the software.

Concluding Thoughts:
    Looking back at the interview process, I think the area that lost me the job was the presentation. I presented on a topic that I was very familiar with and applicable to their company, but dry in content. I could tell that that most of the audience was not engaged watching the presentation and did not value what I was speaking about. I would encourage you to chose a topic that invites conversation, and is engaging. I think they cared more about if you could produce a fun and memorable presentation, than learning about your accomplishments. I would invite you to speak about something that you could have fun with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to reverse an array using a programming language of your choice or sudo code.   View Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Planisware.

There were two rounds of Interview. One was a telephonic Interview which lasted for 45 mins. After a week, I was called for F2F interview which lasted half a day. You are supposed to give a presentation on PMBOK Ch.6 based on a real life project done by you. Then next you are given a code to review and a brain teaser to solve. The interview questions are normal questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planisware in May 2012.

Met at university career fair and went in for 1:1 interviews a week later.
    Interviewed with 2 exec-level consultants and tested on a brainteaser.
    Got a call a week later to come in for second round - product demo and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Please prepare a 10-minute presentation on project management   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Planisware in December 2009.

Usual interview that you would expect, background information and matching to position, asked about customer satisfaction, presentation skills and coding skills (jscript). 4 rounds of interviews, 2 phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. Business skills as well as technical skills. Nothing crazy, and certainly not a Google or Microsoft interview style.`

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a software implementation. Tell me about your implementation experience and background.   Answer Question
    • FInd the output of the code and modify a certain line to get another output witrh result of false. JSCRIPT and JAVA.   Answer Question
    • Select a subject on Project Management (was chapter 6 in PMBOK) and describe how did you use it in a real project. What was the outcome and why did you chose those specific project tools.   View Answer
    Yes able to negotiate based on other offers on hand and years of experiences and relocation money.