Planned Parenthood Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Community Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward. Asked typical questions regarding past experience and behavioral based questions. During the years I worked there they also asked potential employees to do presentations during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you had to work with a team and what challenges came up.   1 Answer

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I first had a 15 minute phone interview, than was called in to be interviewed in person. Asked standard interview questions. I was than asked to complete a reference check, which was a survey sent to my references through an email link. It was pretty standard, all questions during the interview were read off of a sheet and my answers were written down.

Data Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Bedford, OH).

Interview

At first, I received a phone call from a recruiter who asked me if I was still interested in the position. She scheduled me to come in for an interview with the nurse who is in charge of running multiple locations in Ohio. I met with the nurse and she showed me around the clinic, talked to me about my experiences, made jokes, asked why I wanted to work there, and I felt pretty good about the interview.

Education Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website. I had a phone interview that was only about 10 minutes. It was odd because the woman who was the HR person didn't seem to want to answer any of my questions. I find this very odd because I was once a board member at Planned Parenthood. She seemed rather cold, and just wanted to get me off the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Planned Parenthood? Are you okay with abortions?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly office but the head of hr was pretty cold. I thought that the interview went well because it was two hours long but it was just a waste of time. I emailed the head of hr but she never got back to me answering my questions.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on the website. Got an email 2 weeks later asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes so they called to double check my personal information and to tell me they would send a writing assignment by email on a date and time of my choice, to be completed in 2 hours and emailed back. Completed the assignment and sent it. Got a reply the next day to schedule an in-person interview for later that same week. Parts of in person interview: 1. Fill out an application (basic stuff plus contact info for 3 references) 2. One hour interview with the Director and 3 assistant directors. 3. They bring all of the staff and we all sat around a conference table, they ask anything and everything, including what music you like. 4. Since an important part of the position is to be bilingual, they put me in a small room with a laptop (no internet) and asked me to translate a short document. 5. They gave me a sheet explaining all the benefits, 401K, etc. and thanked me and said they would call within a week. All very friendly and seemed very happy with my interview. However, I had to write to them to get an answer because they disappeared. They finally replied that I was a strong candidate but that I hadn't been selected as one of the finalists.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about abortion? How do you feel about working in an organization that gets a lot of heat due to its activities? Tell us about a time when: you overcame a difficult situation, you worked with someone who didn't like you, you had to do something you didn't agree with. What do you do in your spare time? What music do you listen to?   Answer Question

Director of Certification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people on the phone. They asked questions about my previous employment and why my longest time being employed with any one employer was 4 years. They seemed very concerned that I would jump ship. I was also asked if my political science B.A. was an indication of law school, I said yes. They made me feel like I was scatter brained because I am now in public health. I graduated from undergrad 6 years ago.... I decided to get an MPH instead

Interview Questions

• How do I resolve conflict in the work place?   1 Answer

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round - Basic 20 mins phone interview with HR 2nd round - 1 hour interview with hiring team 3rd round - Simulation test There are usually around 2-5 rounds of interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them. It has been about 1.5 months from 1st round and 3rd round of interviews.

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was given a panel interview. They did not tell me this so I was a bit surprised when I arrived. But the staff was friendly. It was stressful, but not horrible. They asked me to prepare a presentation for the interview. I did. They also told me that many people had applied and that they would be letting us know soon. They were pretty quick to chose who they were hiring and let us know.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

It was a group interview with 5 other people. There was a recruiter and 2 supervisors. Everyone was very friendly and the process was very nice. They went around and asked each of us basic introductions and then several standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a co-worker and what was the outcome.   Answer Question