Planned Parenthood Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.7

Direct Response Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very smooth overall. I met with several people from the team during the interview and then had follow-up phone calls with a senior level management director. I thought the process was fair and enjoyable. I liked that they asked about my personal interests as well, not just what I had on my resume. I thought all of my conversations were good and I enjoyed speaking to all members of the team.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with reproductive health.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Careerbuilder on February 20th. On February 23rd I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview for the next day, February 24th. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. She said she would forward my information to the director at the local office I was applying to and if they were interested I would be contacted for a face to face interview. On March 6th I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a face to face interview for March 10th. The interview lasted about 35-35 minutes and I was contacted March 17th with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Planned Parenthood... services, mission? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Clinic Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview and I was asked about my salary requirements and then given The very disturbing clinic assistant details as far as duties. I was told I would be responsible for and I quote putting the remains back together. I was so disgusted that's what ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked for an abortion clinic   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

This was a phone interview. They asked what was my salary requirement and I said I was open. I asked what were they planning on paying the candidate and she said it depends on experience but the range was $13-$14/hour. Seriously with a bachelor's degree that's their compensation. Wow! I declined.

Interview Questions

Due to the salary compensation they were offering.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Accepts application (may drop off at clinic), phone interview with Center Manager, followed by 1 or 2 oral interviews with Center Manger, flow manager, Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner. FBI check and professional references will be checked.

Interview Questions

• In reference to the essential functions of this position briefly share your work related experience. What challenges did you face that caused you great frustration? How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary slightly negotiable

Clinical Laboratory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Had an interview and was told that they would keep my resume on file, then about a month later I got a call to come in for a second interview and got the job offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions- I did not have any that were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- Planned Parenthood receives funding so you cannot negotiate on the hourly wage for the Clinical Assistant position.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Applied online- called back two days later for a brief phone interview (10 minutes). I was asked if I was familiar with PP and how I felt about abortion. My info was forwarded and I was called in for a 2 person panel interview which lasted 30 minutes. They were very kind and I felt comfortable! They asked "strengths/weakness", "how do you feel about protesters" how do you feel about abortions?, are you ok with stocking the back room, seeing up to 90 patients a day, and doing the call triaging? After the interview I had a 3rd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Health Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied about a week before I was called in for a face to face interview. Interviewed with the manager and assistant manager who were both great and down to earth. Waiting to see if I get a call back.

Interview Questions

• common interview questions. Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process took about a month. On 12/15 I was called for a phone interview, same day I was scheduled a interview with HR, couple days later I attended the interview. HR kept in contact with me over the days. I was asked for copies of my certifications, BLS, and high school diploma. Then was called again for 2 professional references. After that I received my background check over the mail. Couple days later I was asked for the most recent paycheck stub, weird right? But they just want to confirm my pay since I was employed. Days later u got a call to offer me the position, in that call they let you know what your pay with be. I was satisfied! I start this week, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about abortions ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was satisfied with my salary, and there's is always room to grow within the company. There is different levels of medical assistants so you keep getting raises

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone, very scripted screening questions to make sure I knew what Planned Parenthood is all about. I met the hiring manager in person for an hour conversation first, then spent another 20 minutes or so speaking with the VP of the hiring department. Passing that, I had to complete background clearance checks and a personality/ work ethic survey. Once the results were back from that I returned to meet the rest of the team. It was very informal - the team can ask any questions they'd like of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected element was the extreme informality of the large group interview - questions were very casual and only some of them only somewhat business related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was during the early recession, and before I knew what a 'negotiation phase' was.