Planned Parenthood

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews

Regional Organizer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online for this position, and had practically forgotten about it nearly a month later when I got a screening call from someone in HR. She had the basic questions for me (i.e. "Why are you interested in this position," etc.) and said that she would be passing along my answers to the hiring manager. A couple weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to set up an in-person interview for the following day. We ended up talking for about 90 minutes and it was stated that the hiring process would be very quick, but almost three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I HOPE it's a place that would notify you either way.

Interview Question – "What is the most difficult decision you've had to make when working on a campaign?"   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work here

Interview Question – How would you act towards protesters   Answer Question

Digital Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted one day after finalizing an online application for the position. The position had been created and remained unfilled for several months. The initial contact was with the HR hiring manager via email and asked if I had time for a brief phone conversation about the position. The details of the job were attached to the email. There were no changes to the job description from what was posted online versus what was sent.

Interview Questions

• How will you feel working for a company that performs abortions?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you took a concept from beginning to end and how that made you feel.   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question
  • What initially drew you to the position?   Answer Question
  • How did you find out about the position?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reproductive Health Assistant Interview

Rantoul, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2011.

Interview Details – PPH contacted me, they are very private in nature so you have to wait on them. Interviewed by two director and a nurse. Be prepared to demonstrate related work expeience and answer questions about how you feel about pro choice. I am sad i could not take the job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer due to living arrangements and proximity to work. Also, they hired me in July but I did not recieve an offical date to start until after labor day. I could not wait that long to recieve pay.

Registered Nurse Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on 04/23/2013. First contact was made 5/6/2013. I immediately returned the call and left a voicemail. I didn't receive a call back. I called and left two more messages and gave up after the third unanswered message I left. Got a call on 5/30 to set up interview

Interview Question – Explain how you handled when you witnessed another nurse break corporate compliance or policy.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was decently casual. They basically went through my résumé and asked about different positions and what my main tasks were for each of them. They also asked why I was interested in the position and why I was interested in reproductive health.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with specific databases?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unpaid but schedule was super flexible as long as I fulfilled the hours per week.

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2012.

Interview Details – I replied to an ad on Craigslist for a full-time client service representative job. A few days later, I received a phone call form the VP of operations. She asked me a few questions over the phone, and then set me up with an interview a couple days later. I go to the office and they have me fill out an application while I'm waiting to be interviewed. I had two people interview me at once; of the Center Directors and the VP of Patient Services. They asked a series of pretty standard questions, and were very detailed about the job description, type of clientele that come in, and were very thorough answering any of the questions I had.

A few days later I got a phone call offering me the job.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question for me was when they asked me how I would handle dealing with a patient I knew outside of the clinic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Clinic Assistant Interview

Clinic Assistant
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details – Great process, fast, transparent. Three interviews, one phone interview and two in-person. Staff was kind and welcoming, and very honest about what to expect in the position. The only improvements I'd make would be speeding up the amount of time between the offer and start date. It took 2-3 weeks after accepting the position before I started.

Interview Question – They used pretty standard interview questions, but presented scenarios to gauge reaction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, but the benefits are excellent

Clinic Assistant Front Office Interview

Watsonville, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pre-screening phone interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about planned parenthood?   View Answer
  • Can your background help you excel, here at planned parenthood?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really

Operations Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, then was called for a phone interview. About a week later, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview with 3 people. Another few days later they called me with a few follow up questions, which I apparently answered correctly because they offered me the job at the end of that last phone conversation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with a policy you disagreed with and how did you resolve that.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Planned Parenthood

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planned Parenthood interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Planned Parenthood employees and interview candidates.