Planned Parenthood

60 candidate interviews

Clinic Assistant Interview

Clinic Assistant

Interviewed at Planned Parenthood

Interview Details – First interview was with an HR Recruiter, second interview was with a nurse and manager of the clinic. Very straightforward. Very honest about the work they do in the clinic, answered all of my questions. They have a lengthy training process to get you acquainted with the company, very supportive environment.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. They did ask if you have experience working with confidential information.   Answer Question

Associate Director of External Affairs Interview

Associate Director of External Affairs
Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, 2 personal interviews with a panel, PI testing, security checks

Interview Question – What do you know about donor development   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, counteroffer accepted with a bit of negotiation.

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details – 3 steps: phone (30-45 min), first in-person (1 hour), final in-person (1 hour).

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your work when multiple supervisors tell you their project has to be done at the same time?   Answer Question

Phone Specialist Interview

Phone Specialist
Aurora, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applications must be submitted online. phone interview then a face to face. If you get to Face to face they are most likely going to offer you a job.

Interview Question – Nothing I seemed to know more about them and the job then they did. I lead the interview.   View Answer

Health Center Manager Interview

Health Center Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details – Long process, panel interviews with pre-planned questions, minimal time for free flowing conversation with potential colleagues and your own potential manager to determine style/goals/paths to success

Interview Question – Very predictable questions - panel interview with people taking turns asking questions. Interviews should be more conversational so you can learn more about your applicant and the applicant can get a better feel for the culture and the relationships within the organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal, they offer I countered they agreed to my counter

Clinic Assistant Interview

Clinic Assistant
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in September 2009.

Interview Details – Asked about my commitment to Planned Parenthood and how I would deal with people who don;t share in the mission of the organization. Otherwise, typical questions. There is an extensive background check and HIPAA training process required.

Interview Question – How would you respond to people who don;t necessarily agree with the mission of Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question

Executive Personal Assistant Interview

Executive Personal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2010.

Interview Details – Brief, informal and made to believe that job was mine to later find out it was not.

Interview Questions

Organizer Interview

Organizer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial "phone screening" and just got called back for an interview. The phone screening consisted of the questions:

What do you know about Planned Parenthood?
How do you feel about working for an org that performs abortions?
This is a one year grant, is that OK with you?
If you are hired can you start immediately?
Do you have a license and insurance?
Tell me about your organizing experience.

Interview Questions

Health Center Director Interview

Health Center Director

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule an interview. Interviewed in 3 days (on a Saturday!). Interview went really well, the Senior Director said I would be a good fit there, and there would be phone calls for the second round of interviews; 3 weeks later and no contact!!

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

Interview Details – Very standard interview process starting with a phone interview that included simple questions regarding compatibility of values, work experience, career direction, etc. This was followed by an in-person interview with the clinic manager, again, very straight-forward interview questions. The most challenging part was the delay after being offered the job due to funding issues.

Interview Question – Questions about willingness and comfort with assisting on surgeries   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were limited due to financial constraints of the organization.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Planned Parenthood

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planned Parenthood interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Planned Parenthood employees and interview candidates.