Planned Parenthood

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.6

Clinic Assistant Interview

First interview was with an HR Recruiter, second interview was with a nurse and manager of the clinic. Very straightforward. Very honest about the work they do in the clinic, answered all of my questions. They have a lengthy training process to get you acquainted with the company, very supportive environment.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. They did ask if you have experience working with confidential information.   Answer Question

Associate Director of External Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2013.

phone interview, 2 personal interviews with a panel, PI testing, security checks

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about donor development   View Answer
    Easy, counteroffer accepted with a bit of negotiation.

Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

3 steps: phone (30-45 min), first in-person (1 hour), final in-person (1 hour).

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize your work when multiple supervisors tell you their project has to be done at the same time?   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

Community Education Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Phone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2011.

Applications must be submitted online. phone interview then a face to face. If you get to Face to face they are most likely going to offer you a job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I seemed to know more about them and the job then they did. I lead the interview.   View Answer

Health Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Long process, panel interviews with pre-planned questions, minimal time for free flowing conversation with potential colleagues and your own potential manager to determine style/goals/paths to success

Interview Questions
    • Very predictable questions - panel interview with people taking turns asking questions. Interviews should be more conversational so you can learn more about your applicant and the applicant can get a better feel for the culture and the relationships within the organization   Answer Question
    Minimal, they offer I countered they agreed to my counter

Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in September 2009.

Asked about my commitment to Planned Parenthood and how I would deal with people who don;t share in the mission of the organization. Otherwise, typical questions. There is an extensive background check and HIPAA training process required.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to people who don;t necessarily agree with the mission of Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question

Executive Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2010.

Brief, informal and made to believe that job was mine to later find out it was not.

Organizer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in January 2012.

I had an initial "phone screening" and just got called back for an interview. The phone screening consisted of the questions:

What do you know about Planned Parenthood?
    How do you feel about working for an org that performs abortions?
    This is a one year grant, is that OK with you?
    If you are hired can you start immediately?
    Do you have a license and insurance?
    Tell me about your organizing experience.