Planned Parenthood

2.7

Health Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Applied about a week before I was called in for a face to face interview. Interviewed with the manager and assistant manager who were both great and down to earth. Waiting to see if I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • common interview questions. Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question

Grant Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2012.

It was pretty basic and simple. Two rounds of interviews and a writing sample/test. The writing sample was completed in house and took me about 45 minutes. It was then shared with other candidates in a sort of blind reading.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertaining to basic functions behind grant writing   Answer Question
    None

Support Associate/Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Applied online 8/15/14 (Friday night) - got an email Monday morning (8/18/14) asking me for a phone interview.

Phone interview 8/21/14 - very casual and conversational. They want to feel you out and make sure you support women's reproductive rights abnd are pro-choice. Interview lasted about 10 mins, and at the end of the phonecall I was asked to come for an in-person interview the following week (8/26/14).

First In-Person Interview
    Relaxed and Casual. The first part of the interview was spent going over and being tested on the computer system (about 45 mins), then the clinic director came in and spent about 10 mins asking about my experience and goals. Was called the next day and asked to come for second interview 2 days later.

Second In-Person Interview
    Interview 8/29/14. This was a meeting with the rest of the staff, very informal and chatted about my experience. This was a Friday - it was a holiday the following Monday, so they called me on the Tuesday (9/2/14) and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask how you feel about abortion - there is no point applying to this organisation if you're pro-life. They will want to know about your experiences, and your plans for the future.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was originally told that salary was $11.50 per hour - when they offrered the job they told me that they would start me on $11.75, going up to $12.25 after training.

EPM Project Manager and Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

My initial interview was over the phone, very scripted screening questions to make sure I knew what Planned Parenthood is all about. I met the hiring manager in person for an hour conversation first, then spent another 20 minutes or so speaking with the VP of the hiring department. Passing that, I had to complete background clearance checks and a personality/ work ethic survey. Once the results were back from that I returned to meet the rest of the team. It was very informal - the team can ask any questions they'd like of the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected element was the extreme informality of the large group interview - questions were very casual and only some of them only somewhat business related.   Answer Question
    This was during the early recession, and before I knew what a 'negotiation phase' was.

Health Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2014.

I heard back from a recruiter within a week of applying for the position. I received an email to schedule a day/time for a phone screening. I was just asked simple questions about work history, salary requirement and if I could perform the duties of the position, etc. That same day I was contacted and scheduled for an interview for the following week. I was specifically told that I did not need to get dressed up for the interview, that my favorite scrubs would be fine (however, I wore black slacks and an all black shirt). Interviewer was very nice and relaxed which made me a lot less nervous for the meeting. Typical interview questions were asked, but in a conversational manner that made things flow more smooth as opposed to just being grilled and having questions thrown at you. At the end of the interview, I was scheduled to come back to shadow a particular position to see how comfortable I was before being offered the position. Within a week, I was offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike the most and the least about my current position?   View Answer

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Submitted online application, was called a few days later to set up a phone interview. My potential supervisor was very clear on what to expect throughout the process, including timeline and the kind of phone conversation I could expect. Interview was exactly what I expected and felt very comfortable. Still have not heard back, do not expect in person interview

Insurance Biller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question
    It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Community Education Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Center Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

President On A Permanent Or Interim Basis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2012.

I was called, interviewed by Chair of the Board, all of the appropriate questions were asked and we discussed various structural possibilitiesI including serving as advisor to the internal candidate if that person was promoted agreed to consider. Then was offered the opportunity but then never heard back from them again. In addition to the in-person interview with Board Chair I had several phone calls, waited for further information including a start date. Never heard directly but through the vine understood they did promote the internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to provide guidance if the decision was made to promote the internal candidate   View Answer
    Didn't here back from them