Planned Parenthood Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.7

A Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Hawthorne, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I heard from the HR manager within about 3 weeks of submitting my application. I had in person interviews with the HR manager and the hiring manager (on the same day) within another week. About a week after that, I was called in for an interview with an executive. Several days after that, I was told I was one of their two final candidates and was asked to do an assignment that took a good part of a weekend to produce. I never heard from anyone about the job after submitting my assignment, but I do know they made a hire. Despite this lapse, I enjoyed meeting some really committed people at a great organization.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Applied online- called back two days later for a brief phone interview (10 minutes). I was asked if I was familiar with PP and how I felt about abortion. My info was forwarded and I was called in for a 2 person panel interview which lasted 30 minutes. They were very kind and I felt comfortable! They asked "strengths/weakness", "how do you feel about protesters" how do you feel about abortions?, are you ok with stocking the back room, seeing up to 90 patients a day, and doing the call triaging? After the interview I had a 3rd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Health Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied about a week before I was called in for a face to face interview. Interviewed with the manager and assistant manager who were both great and down to earth. Waiting to see if I get a call back.

Interview Questions

• common interview questions. Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process took about a month. On 12/15 I was called for a phone interview, same day I was scheduled a interview with HR, couple days later I attended the interview. HR kept in contact with me over the days. I was asked for copies of my certifications, BLS, and high school diploma. Then was called again for 2 professional references. After that I received my background check over the mail. Couple days later I was asked for the most recent paycheck stub, weird right? But they just want to confirm my pay since I was employed. Days later u got a call to offer me the position, in that call they let you know what your pay with be. I was satisfied! I start this week, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about abortions ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was satisfied with my salary, and there's is always room to grow within the company. There is different levels of medical assistants so you keep getting raises

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Recommended by other staff. Interviewed with CEO and current Director. Friendly, easy going atmosphere. Experience and Fit. Mission Statement Oriented. Understanding history and voice of PP. Local travel. Staff management. Semi informal meeting. This is a small but growing affiliate. Understanding and awareness of advocacy efforts necessary. Works with other departmental Sr. Managers. Responsible for oversight of grant funded and general revenue staff and programs aimed at prevention of teen pregnancy and reproductive health.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone, very scripted screening questions to make sure I knew what Planned Parenthood is all about. I met the hiring manager in person for an hour conversation first, then spent another 20 minutes or so speaking with the VP of the hiring department. Passing that, I had to complete background clearance checks and a personality/ work ethic survey. Once the results were back from that I returned to meet the rest of the team. It was very informal - the team can ask any questions they'd like of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected element was the extreme informality of the large group interview - questions were very casual and only some of them only somewhat business related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was during the early recession, and before I knew what a 'negotiation phase' was.

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions

• My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   1 Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Insurance Biller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood (Lansing, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, was called a few days later to set up a phone interview. My potential supervisor was very clear on what to expect throughout the process, including timeline and the kind of phone conversation I could expect. Interview was exactly what I expected and felt very comfortable. Still have not heard back, do not expect in person interview