Planned Parenthood

2.7

HIV Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Applied in July/August. Called for an interview beginning of September. Was informed a week later I was hired. That same week went for a physical (in which that DO NOT drug test. You can call Mt. Sinai and ask because it is even written on the notes where they give shots in the clinic). Started work first or second week in October.

Interview Questions
    • They just want to make sure that you are competent and comfortable with termination services. Make sure your answers reflect your compassion and desire to help people.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I just wanted the experience.

Health Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2014.

I heard back from a recruiter within a week of applying for the position. I received an email to schedule a day/time for a phone screening. I was just asked simple questions about work history, salary requirement and if I could perform the duties of the position, etc. That same day I was contacted and scheduled for an interview for the following week. I was specifically told that I did not need to get dressed up for the interview, that my favorite scrubs would be fine (however, I wore black slacks and an all black shirt). Interviewer was very nice and relaxed which made me a lot less nervous for the meeting. Typical interview questions were asked, but in a conversational manner that made things flow more smooth as opposed to just being grilled and having questions thrown at you. At the end of the interview, I was scheduled to come back to shadow a particular position to see how comfortable I was before being offered the position. Within a week, I was offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike the most and the least about my current position?   View Answer

Regional Organizer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I submitted my resume online for this position, and had practically forgotten about it nearly a month later when I got a screening call from someone in HR. She had the basic questions for me (i.e. "Why are you interested in this position," etc.) and said that she would be passing along my answers to the hiring manager. A couple weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to set up an in-person interview for the following day. We ended up talking for about 90 minutes and it was stated that the hiring process would be very quick, but almost three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I HOPE it's a place that would notify you either way.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most difficult decision you've had to make when working on a campaign?"   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2014.

Process took a very long time, met center director, the office was really messy -- it kind of was a turn off. Questions were easy, interview didn't last very long, it seemed she tried to rush it.

Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

3 steps: phone (30-45 min), first in-person (1 hour), final in-person (1 hour).

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize your work when multiple supervisors tell you their project has to be done at the same time?   Answer Question

Director of Executive and Board Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Three separate phone interviews with HR, CEO, and Board Chair. Two separate in-person interviews; first with CEO, then panel interview by executive leadership staff.

Interview Questions
    • How to you feel about encountering abortion protesters?   View Answer
    Advice to others considering an offer: ask for the moon. You might get it, since their turnover is so high.

Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Why do you want to work here

Health Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

One week after my application was submitted. I received a call and an interview was set-up. I was interview by the manager only, given an tour of the facility, introduction to staff , noted that staff was diverse Interview took about 1 hour. 2 days later received a call with offer of position.

Interview Questions
    • Informed of the services offered at Planned Parenthood and how I felt about Abortions. Asked about how I would deal with family and friends who are pro life. Asked if I would have a problem with visible fetal parts.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation in the beginning, not until later

Reproductive Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I had a phone interview initially which was followed up with an in-person interview about a week later. My interview began with a tour of the clinic with the clinic manager which was a nice touch, I thought. During the interview the she asked me questions from a document that looked like a standardized "interview questions" sheet which listed a bunch of behavioral-type interviewing questions. At the end I was exhausted!

Interview Questions
    • I wish I remembered more questions. One I recall was something like "tell me about a time you encountered a frustrated patient or customer and how dealt with it."   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied online and they invite me to a phone interview within the same week. Interviewer(HR) very nice. Very good atmosphere during the interview. Standard questions about why the company and why the position. Then followed by some behavioral questions.