Plano ISD Interview Questions

3.5

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was a student teacher before I was hired, so I had already been observed by the administration. I applied though official channels, but my students and my mentor teacher had put in recommendations o hire me and that helped, a lot. I was a hands on dedicated student teacher and put in a lot of effort in building lasting relationships with my peers.

I prepared for the interview with some questions of my own, had feedback and an idea of both pros and cons of the job going in. I also had a reason for why they should pick me above everyone else; which was a question they did ask.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you? I was a minority candidate and I felt I represented the minority I would serve in a positive manner which would benefit the employes positively. I feel this did help to get me hired.   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Plano ISD in March 2012.

Interview

Made it through phase 1 - initial screening from online application and resume.
    Phase 2 - panel interview, 45-60 minutes. Interview by 8 current princpals and the director.
    Phase 3 - panel interview, 45-60 minutes, Interviewed by 8 directors.

Interview phases lasted 1.5 years. Phase one, 6 months later phase 2, 11 months later phase 3, 2 weeks later job offer given.

Interview Questions

• What is the most impactful strategy to get parent involvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was very happy to get the offer. It is a very compeitive position.

PASAR Assistant Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview process was pretty casual. I pursued the position by calling my "zone leader" numerous times expressing my desire to become an assistant. She and I agreed upon an official interview. I met her at the office that day, sat down and answered her questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. As all interviews are, it was nerve-wracking, but over-all not too difficult. Questions involved ability to be assertive, discipline employees, and help manage a campus.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to give discipline to a friend?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to discipline or reprimand somebody who is older than you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plano ISD in April 2012.

Interview

The HR department was very proactive in contacting me even before I had completed my online application. I was contacted to come in for a face to face interview and a week later, after checking my references I was verbally offered a position. It took a few more weeks of going through a criminal background check and verification of previous employment before I was officially offered a position with a firm salary offer. Overall the HR department seemed well run and organized.

Interview Questions

• Since I had been working part time for a few years I was asked if I was ready for the demands required of strict dead lines.   Answer Question

History Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plano ISD in May 2008.

Interview

Very basic questions about teaching job