Plante Moran Audit Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my university's career fair. I received a call a few days later about scheduling an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty standard, I was asked some behavioral based questions. I then went to an on-site interview. I interviewed with an associate, in-charge, and partner. The interviews were very conversational, except the interview with the associate involved a lot of behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Plante Moran

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plante Moran in September 2011.

Interview

Talked with recruiters at my University's career fair. Didn't receive an interview on the spot (as many accounting majors do when talking to big 4/public accounting firms at my University's career fair) and was selected as an alternate interviewee. Spots opened up within the next few days on the University's career center website so I took one. I Interviewed with office managing partner and staff auditor at the same time. The managing partner did most of the talking. Interview started off by the partner asking me why I wanted to get into public accounting. Then I was drilled and asked to explain the differences between my major GPA verses my cumulative GPA. Then the interview moved into a few behavioral/situational questions. Questions like: 1. Tell me about a time where you faced confrontation? 2. Talk about a group situation where you had to persuade the group into pursuing your ideas to reach the overall goal. 3. Describe your 3 best leadership qualities. 4. What is your biggest weakness as a leader? The partner and staff auditor opened up for questions I had about the firm. Many times I would ask a question about working for the firm and the partner would provide a brief answer then rhetorically ask me the same question back about what I was looking for. The interview lasted about 45 minutes in total. At the end, the partner and staff stayed in the room and told me to leave. Many other firms I interviewed with at least had the courtesy to walk you back to the lobby and wish you a good day. Advice: 1. Have an answer that relates to the types of questions you ask. For example if you ask: "What elements separate the firm from other public accounting firms, and what do you like best about the firm?" Be prepared to answer: "What are you looking for which other accounting firms may not offer and describe an ideal corporate culture which you will thrive in?" 2. Address both interviewers regardless if one is tuned out. 3. Think of it more as an investment banking interview compared to a standard on-campus first round interview.

Interview Questions