Plante Moran Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.9

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran (Southfield, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

First step was phone interview. Received a call back 2 days later to set up an in office interview and was asked to take 2 personality tests and a Microsoft word and excel test prior to interview. Interviewed with person in office and had to take 2 timed tests numerical/logic type tests. In office portion took a total of 2 hours. Heard back a few days later with a great offer.

Wealth Management Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview

The interview process began with an on campus job fair where I was informed they only accept applicants with a 3.5/4 gpa. With lower than a 3.5 I was called back for an on campus interview with two interviewers. After that I was called back for an off campus interview at a location about 40 miles away. I went through two interviews and a presentation. I also was given a buddy who I had met at the job fair and I shared many similar experiences with. The day concluded with being taken out to lunch with other applicants and their buddys. I was also generously compensated for travel.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected and on par for the position.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview

Started by talking to recruiters at a college accounting career fair and then talked to them again at the business wide career fair the next day. Applied on college career resource and got accepted for an on campus interview. The interview was only thirty minutes with two staff accountants asking me behavioral based interview questions. It was not too difficult. The next interview was a four hour office visit with 35 other students where we had an hour long group session and then three hour long interviews with different employees from staff to senior executives. The office visit was long, but ended with food and conversation.

Interview Questions

• The employees mostly told me about their experiences and offered answers to my questions at the office visit.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then an in person interview. At the in person interview, I met with two people separately for 30 minute one-on-one interviews, then had lunch with a mixed group of fellow interviewees and interviewers. The entire process was efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What's a situation where you had to deal with adversity among co-workers or peers and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Interview

In person interview. It was structured. It was at the Ann Arbor Offices. There is free parking. The people were friendly. All kinds of career backgrounds. Regional firm in the midwest.

Internal Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plante Moran (Southfield, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The process for this entity is an Initial screening phone interview followed by an on-site interview followed by a partner interview. The process is very lengthy and can exceed three months.

Interview Questions

• I felt my interviewer was inexperienced. Questions and statements frequently contained acronyms for internal companies and processes that an outsider would not readily know. I had to ask for clarification. Most of the discussion centered around their internal structure and processes, more an explanation than an interview.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my campus hiring process. They were on campus and the overall process was very conversational. Very friendly staff and good company. The one on one interview lasted for about 40 minutes. Be ready to tell stories and give situation examples.

Summer Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran in October 2014.

Interview

Had on campus interview after career fair. Was then e-mailed/called 2 weeks later for office visit interview. Attended office visit on a Friday and received a call the following Monday for an offer

Interview Questions

• Leadership questions, Who is your biggest influence and why?
      Difficult question: Tell me a time where you did not fail but had you failed, how your leadership skills would have helped you overcome it.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview

Went through the on campus recruiting process. Was a pretty standard interview, were a lot of behavior based questions dealing with leadership. The questions hinted at the typical leadership skills, however, they were asked as unfamiliar questions. I.e tell me a time you had to stand by an ethical decision against your manager.

Interview Questions

• One of the first things asked was why interested in a regional firm over the big four.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Focus on your capability and personality than technical skills, will test you whether you are a team player. Encourage to ask question for unknown knowledge, instead of being silent. Prefer candidate with better P&D skills

Interview Questions

• If a fact happen, what will it affect to the customers/clients   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is pretty good, dont need to negotiate