Plante Moran Interview Questions

2.9

Management Consulting (IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Plante Moran in November 2013.

Got a first round interview on campus. There is a pre-interview mixer and it was a good opportunity to meet with your interviewer. First round is mainly behavior questions, I got about 6-7 behavior questions. The interviewer is a manager and she is extremely nice. Got a call from hr the next week and arrange a second round. Second round was in their office and the managing partner gave a welcome speech. Second round with two manager and a partner. Interview are mostly conversational. I interviewed in Chicago office and it was a nice office (better than some of the big 4). Get a call from the partner the next Friday to extend an offer

Summer Inter Interview

The process took me 4 weeks

Internship Inteview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Contacted by a recruiter that set up an office visit. Did three 30 min interviews with an associate, manager, and partner. All were more like conversations and everyone was really nice. More of them selling me on their company with a few questions about me. Few behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Afterwards had a dinner with the candidates and staff.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2013.

Interviewed on campus. Went to the office 2-3 weeks later. Interviewed with a partner, an HR person, and a manager. Nothing difficult. The chicago office is really nice and they are renovating it even more. It was much nicer than some of the big 4 firms I have seen (E&Y and PwC).

Interview Questions

I have not technically declined yet. But I have 2 other offers and 2 more office visits coming up. But they are not on the top of my list right now. It has nothing to do with the firm. Plante is a great place and the people are really exceptional. But for me, it is my long term goals. I want to work for a fortune 100 corporation and Plante is not the right place to start your career when that's where you want to end up.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Included a career fair, then online application. Before first interview they held a pre interview dinner that you should definitely go to for networking purposes. The first interview was very relaxed but involved some behavioral questions. 2nd round interviews were much more casual, with two of the three interviews being basically conversations. The other one involved just a couple behavioral questions. All interviews lasted roughly 35-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to be clever to get an outcome you desired.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in January 2013.

Contacted by HR via a referral. HR interviewed first for qualifications and basic salary review. then met with 3 members of senior management in 1 hour blocks. Process was efficient, people were very personable. No set script or set of questions, mostly a conversation that centered in cultural fit (a big consideration for them), qualifications, and some " what would you do" type scenarios.

I understood that personality tests would follow, but did not progress to that step.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult in the questions. Again, very much geared towards my approach to work.   Answer Question

IT Technology Consultant Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Plante Moran in July 2009.

Multiple trips across the state to take several tests and have multiple interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Plante Moran.

First, I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter. This interview was behavioral-based. They did not offer me an internship at that point, but invited me to participate in their "Challenge" Summer Leadership program, which was a great experience. Plante Moran contacted me about a week following the event to schedule an office interview. The office visit was more laid-back and conversational than the on-campus interview. I met with the managing partner and two managers. I also went out to lunch with two staff members. I was contacted a few days later with the internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your current boss, what would they list as your biggest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2012.

I was recruited through the career fair at my school. Initially, the firm wasn't on my radar and I thought they had no interest in me. However, a few weeks later, I received an email requesting me to set up an interview time. When I arrived at the on-campus interview, I met with two current entry-level staff members. They were very nice and kept me at ease about the initial interview that was to come. I proceeded to the initial interview were I was asked basic behavioral questions.

I was later offered a second interview at the Plante Moran campus. When I arrived, I was brought into a conference room with other candidates. We met with our "buddy" for the day. The firm managing partner gave a nice welcoming speech and we were off to our interviews. I met with two senior staff members and a partner. The senior members seemed to be very focused on behavior based questions although I don't believe I was asked more than 4 per person. The partner was more focused on getting to know me personally.

After my three interviews, my buddy for the day took me to lunch at the Skyline Club. It was a very nice lunch and the staff told us what they thought about the firm. It was a really honest depiction of life at the firm. The lunch featured about 60 people, 30 current staff and 30 candidates interviewing for many positions throughout. All the staff were under one year in experience. After lunch, we headed out and awaited our calls.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize customer-service against work quality?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flat-rate based on job market.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Applied online, then a couple weeks later sent a message to a partner in the department expressing my interest. Applied for another position online and got a call a week or two later. Recruiter was very helpful and positive. After first interview, recruiter called and explained there were multiple positions that they were considering me for and genuninly wanted to guide me towards the better fit for a second interview. Process was very timely. I started 2 months after the first call.

All interviews had 2-3 people in them, a staff, associate and partner. There is also an assessment, not hard.

The questions were typical, and more of a conversation, they are not trying to put a lot of pressure on you, and there are no cases.

Interview Questions
    None, good offer compared to last position.