Plante Moran

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Interviewers were very friendly. It was a group interview with about 20 people. They gave us an initial presentation and they we all met individually with three individual partners. and they took us out to lunch after. They tatted all the advantages of the company and gave us free plante moran items

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time where you helped someone overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plante Moran.

Took an entire day, met with various individuals that I would be working with if I got the job. I never felt nervous or pressured- everyone was very welcoming and made sure I felt comfortable. I got the opportunity to ask all of my questions and each person took a great deal of time when answering.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

I spoke with a recruiter at my university's career fair. I received a call a few days later about scheduling an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty standard, I was asked some behavioral based questions. I then went to an on-site interview. I interviewed with an associate, in-charge, and partner. The interviews were very conversational, except the interview with the associate involved a lot of behavioral based questions.

Accounting Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interviewed with 3 people for the 2nd round office visit (partner, manager, associate). Each interviewer asked different kinds of questions. Overall, it was a conversation about about what was on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • The manager level interviewer ask some specific behavioral questions   Answer Question

Assurance/Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

I interviewed on campus and then got a call about 4 days later to schedule an office visit interview in Chicago.

I interviewed with three people in Chicago (30 min each) and then got a call about an offer about an hour after I left the office.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were two difficult. Mostly just talk about yourself and career goals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran in February 2014.

Over the phone interview and then an office visit. Office visit usually lasts a few hours, you meet with a few different people working at the company and get to interview with them. The overall process takes a few weeks.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

First, a pre-interview dinner with one interviewer and 10 other interviewees. Know your business etiquette. Second, a first round interview with two interviewers. Fairly standard behavioral questions, but the interviewers were tough. They were very interested in what you knew about the company and checking that you did your homework. Last, the office visit. Met with three partners for about an hour each then went to lunch. Office visit was more relaxed than first round. They seemed interested in if I would be a good fit personality wise. Overall, an intense but rewarding process.

Interview Questions
    • No curveballs, just do your homework and have the facts to back up any claim you make about yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they sent an offer and then a partner called to talk about it, but I was very happy with it and accepted.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran in January 2014.

Started with a phone interview with someone in staffing, then moved to a couple of office interviews. The process moved fairly quickly and it was efficient. Everyone was polite and helpful. I had good follow up . One thing that was different and somewhat annoying is that you will be asked extremely detailed questions about your current compensation and expected compensation, non-compete agreements, benefits, etc just in the first phone interview. You will be asked for base salary, bonus, last increase you received, how much your last increase was, when you're getting your next increase, amount of your last bonus, when you are getting your next bonus, etc., etc. You will also be asked about your benefits, 401k and match, how much time off you get, etc. You will be asked to share the exact amount of money you expect to make if you join Plante Moran. If you hesitate or don't give a solid answer, they will tell you can't move forward in their interview process. I was really surprised to be pressured so hard like that about compensation during a first phone interview. Be prepared to put EVERYTHING on the table regarding compensation during your first phone interview. Once you give that number, understand that there will be little to no room for negotiation later in the process if you get an offer. If you try to negotiate, they act like it's an insult or that it's really shocking. They also make you take a lot of tests - personality tests, IQ test, numerical reasoning test.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected and unwelcome aspect of the interview process for me was to discuss compensation and benefits in so much detail during an initial phone screen, and to be pressured so hard about exact compensation expectations during the first contact with the firm. Also, all the testing that was involved was not expected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They really don't negotiate at all. I asked for more and was told no.

Summer Inter Interview

The process took me 4 weeks

Internship Inteview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plante Moran.

Contacted by a recruiter that set up an office visit. Did three 30 min interviews with an associate, manager, and partner. All were more like conversations and everyone was really nice. More of them selling me on their company with a few questions about me. Few behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Afterwards had a dinner with the candidates and staff.