Plante Moran

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Inteview Interview

Internship Inteview
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter that set up an office visit. Did three 30 min interviews with an associate, manager, and partner. All were more like conversations and everyone was really nice. More of them selling me on their company with a few questions about me. Few behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Afterwards had a dinner with the candidates and staff.

Interview Question – What makes Plante Moran stand out for you?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus. Went to the office 2-3 weeks later. Interviewed with a partner, an HR person, and a manager. Nothing difficult. The chicago office is really nice and they are renovating it even more. It was much nicer than some of the big 4 firms I have seen (E&Y and PwC).

Interview Question – What are your short term goal?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not technically declined yet. But I have 2 other offers and 2 more office visits coming up. But they are not on the top of my list right now. It has nothing to do with the firm. Plante is a great place and the people are really exceptional. But for me, it is my long term goals. I want to work for a fortune 100 corporation and Plante is not the right place to start your career when that's where you want to end up.

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – Included a career fair, then online application. Before first interview they held a pre interview dinner that you should definitely go to for networking purposes. The first interview was very relaxed but involved some behavioral questions. 2nd round interviews were much more casual, with two of the three interviews being basically conversations. The other one involved just a couple behavioral questions. All interviews lasted roughly 35-40 minutes.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to be clever to get an outcome you desired.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Interview

Executive
Southfield, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR via a referral. HR interviewed first for qualifications and basic salary review. then met with 3 members of senior management in 1 hour blocks. Process was efficient, people were very personable. No set script or set of questions, mostly a conversation that centered in cultural fit (a big consideration for them), qualifications, and some " what would you do" type scenarios.

I understood that personality tests would follow, but did not progress to that step.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult in the questions. Again, very much geared towards my approach to work.   Answer Question

IT Technology Consultant Helpdesk Interview

IT Technology Consultant Helpdesk
Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Plante Moran in July 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple trips across the state to take several tests and have multiple interviews.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – First, I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter. This interview was behavioral-based. They did not offer me an internship at that point, but invited me to participate in their "Challenge" Summer Leadership program, which was a great experience. Plante Moran contacted me about a week following the event to schedule an office interview. The office visit was more laid-back and conversational than the on-campus interview. I met with the managing partner and two managers. I also went out to lunch with two staff members. I was contacted a few days later with the internship offer.

Interview Question – If I asked your current boss, what would they list as your biggest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plante Moran in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited through the career fair at my school. Initially, the firm wasn't on my radar and I thought they had no interest in me. However, a few weeks later, I received an email requesting me to set up an interview time. When I arrived at the on-campus interview, I met with two current entry-level staff members. They were very nice and kept me at ease about the initial interview that was to come. I proceeded to the initial interview were I was asked basic behavioral questions.

I was later offered a second interview at the Plante Moran campus. When I arrived, I was brought into a conference room with other candidates. We met with our "buddy" for the day. The firm managing partner gave a nice welcoming speech and we were off to our interviews. I met with two senior staff members and a partner. The senior members seemed to be very focused on behavior based questions although I don't believe I was asked more than 4 per person. The partner was more focused on getting to know me personally.

After my three interviews, my buddy for the day took me to lunch at the Skyline Club. It was a very nice lunch and the staff told us what they thought about the firm. It was a really honest depiction of life at the firm. The lunch featured about 60 people, 30 current staff and 30 candidates interviewing for many positions throughout. All the staff were under one year in experience. After lunch, we headed out and awaited our calls.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize customer-service against work quality?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Flat-rate based on job market.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Columbus, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – Applied online, then a couple weeks later sent a message to a partner in the department expressing my interest. Applied for another position online and got a call a week or two later. Recruiter was very helpful and positive. After first interview, recruiter called and explained there were multiple positions that they were considering me for and genuninly wanted to guide me towards the better fit for a second interview. Process was very timely. I started 2 months after the first call.

All interviews had 2-3 people in them, a staff, associate and partner. There is also an assessment, not hard.

The questions were typical, and more of a conversation, they are not trying to put a lot of pressure on you, and there are no cases.

Interview Question – Cannot remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, good offer compared to last position.

Investment Research Interview

Investment Research

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – On campus Interview
Office Interview with 2 Higher-Levels

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date with the finance world?   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plante Moran.

Interview Details – - Behavioral based interviewing - It is all about giving real life examples

Interview Question – A time I've had to deal with a difficult manager and how I handled it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Plante Moran