Plantronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Plantronics in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very long process to get hired here. Average time is 3-4 months. Best to look at this company if you currently have a job. You will end up meeting with 6-7 people with several rounds.

Interview Question – No tough questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Director Interview

Software Engineering Director
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Plantronics in January 2010.

Interview Details – More than anything, this process was *slow*. Lots of time passed between each successive step: application, phone screen, lunch meeting with hiring manager, first round of interviews, second round of interviews, and decision. Only when I had a competing offer did things suddenly accelerate to light speed. But this was over five years ago, and the process has since been somewhat streamlined.

Interview Question – I met separately with ten individuals, and each interview was different. Some people just wanted to chat and/or sell me on the company, others wanted to test my technical expertise, and yet others wanted to play games (e.g., if you think of the company as a bicycle, what part of the bicycle would your team be?).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not sure how helpful my response to this question can be: the company negotiators and negotiating positions fluctuate from group to group and are continually evolving in any case. In my experience, people who could threaten to accept a competing offer could leverage this effectively.

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Financial Planning and Analysis

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Plantronics.

Interview Details – It was an 3 round interview conducted in 2 hours with 30 mins break. The recruiter greeted me and made me feel welcomed at first. The interviewer are the people that I work with/for when I started working. Over all the interview is not intimidating and very conversational.

Interview Question – Only one technical question was asked for the 2 hour duration. "what is NPV"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Plantronics in October 2010.

Interview Details – Contract to perm

Interview Question – The interview process was very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Sales Interview

Sales
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Plantronics.

Interview Details – I had a referral. I understand it is a lot more involved these days. Doing your homework is not enough, you really have to win with someone that is on the team you will be working with or who you will be working for. Even "what will you bring to the table" is not enough.

Interview Question – It was so long ago I don not remember. Sorry.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I turned down initial offer and negotiated for slightly higher pay, so I did end up accepting.

User Experience Researcher Interview

User Experience Researcher
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Plantronics.

Interview Details – They gave me a tour of their amazing facility in Santa Cruz, which was cool. I then met the hiring manager in a very cool conference room. The interview was not intense and the exchange was mostly conversational. I didn't get the job but seems like a great place to work.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult or gotcha type questions.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plantronics in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hr phone interview, Hiring Manager phone interview, Interview panel final interview (4 members)

Very Easy Interview

Local Account Manager Interview

Local Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Plantronics.

Interview Details – applied via online, 1st phone interview scheduled with a recruiter laster that week. Second phone interview scheduled a month after. Simple employment background questions. Tell me about a time when: issues tracking down 2nd recruiter to conduct 2nd interview. Followed up on 2nd interview of which I was guaranteed a 3rd interview which never happened.

Interview Question – Where do you see technology headed within the next 10 years   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plantronics.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the HR and scheduled a short, non-technical phone screen. The HR was very friendly and looked for what I was looking for in an internship.
The second round was on-site and there were two technical interviews with a senior team member and then with the manager. Both seemed technically very sound. From when I entered their office, until I left, I had a very good feeling about the people there and the work atmosphere.

Interview Question – The interviews tested on my understanding of OOPS and in depth questioning of academic projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details –

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Cruz, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Plantronics in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started with the usual introduction and some insight on the position as well as the company by the HR representative. Then there were some basic personality questions like the usual; tell me about a situation when you came across a challenging task and how you dealt with it or like what is your favorite subject at school/university and why do you like it.
 The interviewer was also very interested about the different projects that I had done so far at school and was asking questions about them as well as what was my role in each of them.
I was told that if I pass this interview there would be another phone interview, but this time it would be by a panel of senior management from the company and it would be 1-2 hours long.
I personally thought that I answered most of the questions well and was feeling pretty good about it. However, a few days later I got the usual thanks but no thanks email from the HR and a good luck for my future endeavors.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Plantronics? How can you be of service to the company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Plantronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plantronics interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Plantronics employees and interview candidates.