Plateau Systems Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Plateau Systems in March 2013.

Several phone calls to confirm background checks and validate employment dates and location.

Interview Questions
    • Expected to provide results immediately.   View Answer

Personal issues - non company related.

Software Engineer Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plateau Systems in December 2010.

The company technical recruiter found my resume online and sent me an email with job description. I responded to the email with my latest resume.

After a week recruiter called me discussed with me about the job opportunity and my interest to work for plateau systems. After the conversation he sent me an email requesting convenient time to setup technical phone interview.

The phone interview was purely technical they asked me about core java, servlets, jsp, struts, hibernate and a little about html, java scirpt and ajax.

After the phone interview they called me for an onsite intervew. That went for around 2 hrs. It includes mostly technical and a little hr interview.

Hiring Process:
    -----------------------------
    Recruiter Call
    Technical Phone Interview
    On site and Technical and Phone Interview
    Background Check

Interview Questions
    I was negotiating a little bit about the salary. But they sticked to what offered intially

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plateau Systems in February 2010.

A small company going through obvious growing pains. Wants to make fair choices. The company develops web based HR applications. The majority of the staff demographically is heavily dependent on the particular job function. This is a company where an engineer with a little bit of skill and a whole lot of dedication can rise to VP and Director level positions. Found leadership to be often confused and rely heavily on the ability of staff, although this can be touch and go given the weeding and hiring process. No real strong managerial direction or focus. Managers "lead" more through kindness and friendship without driven objectives. The interviewers in senior level ranks would not have equivalent positions in larger companies. I was nearly floored to find that the "nervous engineer" who couldn't look me in the eye was actually a VP. Technical interview was more an exercise to show the senior manager's knowledge than a real assessment of mine. Many questions answered incorrectly went un-noticed. There is no formal reporting structure or division of responsibility. All hands from the top down are involved in even mundane support level tasks. This sounds good except for examples and instances that result like that the IT Director is also the lead IT engineer and the phone and email systems have regular frequent outages sometimes lasting over a week.

HR department appears "freaked out" by interaction with general staff and is more of a required formality than a service.

There is a sign on bonus which must be re-payed in the event the employee quits or is fired either willfully, unwillfully or is unable to obtain a security clearance within 6 months of hire. Clearances are Public Trust.

Negotiation was relatively painless

Linux Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plateau Systems in November 2009.

There was one phone screen interview with the manager followed up by a face to face with the manager and two of his employees. We discussed different technical scenarios and how I'd approach them. Typical questions surrounded configuration/deployment methodology, managing and monitoring environments as well as troubleshooting issues during an outage scenario.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for questions for a true Sr. Systems Administrator, the technical part of the interview was about a 6/7.

Interview Questions
    • What modules have you used with apache and how?   View Answer

Senior UNIX Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Plateau Systems in September 2009.

I was contacted by their internal head of recruiting and conducted an initial phone screen. After that I was asked to interview with the Department Head and Director. They asked me a few cursory questions about my experience and that was it. They seemed eager to hire and offered me a position immediately

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plateau Systems in December 2008.

I guess I fell prey to a new recruiter who was eager to make their "bones" within the company. I told the recruiter exactly what my strengths and my weaknesses were within my domain of expertise. Well either they were just after volume of resumes or she did not have a good grasp as to what the hiring manager was looking for because wouldn't you know it, the entire interview focused on my area of least experience. I don't really blame either person, recruiter or interviewing manager, because I think both thought the other understood what they were after. If I had understood better the position, it never would have gotten to the level of Management I got to. I would have, right away, understood my skill set was not a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe should be required features of a "Best of Breed" Performance Management solution?   Answer Question