Plato's Closet Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Plato's Closet.

After submitting an application in person, I was called a week after to come in for a face-to-face interview. The interview was taken place in the back room where all the extra clothes and storage was. The supervisor asked questions about my personal life, family, schooling and where I plan to go to college in the future. She asked if I had experience with sales before. She asked if I had experienced unhappy customers and how I handled it, as well as if i have experience shoplifting, I had not at that point so she asked how I would handle it at Plato's closet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the shopping lifting question because there are so many legalities involved, and because I never experienced shoplifting before I was nervous and did not know how to answer the question thinking with the legal aspects in mind.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just told that there was room to move up to "buyer" and "open and closer" which was more pay.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Plato's Closet.

We had a group interview of about 20 people. The interview included a brief get to know you then we had to dress mannequins, finally we concluded with a group activity. I would recommend to dress fashionably and feel free to joke around and have fun.

Interview Questions
    • The mannequin dressing was the most unexpected, but really fun.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Plato's Closet.

I jusy went in asked if they where hiring they gave me an addresses I printed out an app and turned it in, no interview process you get the job if you get the call explained job duties and wage and gave me a shift.

Interview Questions
    • just told me what I would be doing and gave me a shift   Answer Question
    none

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Plato's Closet in May 2011.

I had one interview with the owner. She was very friendly and was very personable. The questions were pretty basic. Most of the questions pertained about previous employment. Their were also question asking how one would handle certain things such as standing for long periods of time, working with a diverse group of customers, as well as working with high school teenagers.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was not any difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate scheduling and where I would like to see myself in this company in the future.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Plato's Closet.

I was interviewed in less than 10 minutes. After the interview they said there would be a second interview if I was to be considered for the position. Not only was it an interview with the store manager but also the shift manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what I learnd while in school. If I could go back in history where would I want to go.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shenandoah, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenandoah, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Plato's Closet in May 2010.

General questions: I was asked to describe myself, talk about why I wanted to work there, and then was given a simple test measuring math/logic/customer service skills. I was also required to complete a collage on on-trend clothing and present it to the interviewer. I went to a small group interview first, this focused more on customer service and fashion and then did a one-on-one interview where the more personal questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    Not really. Each is interdependently owned and how much you can negotiate depends on the hiring manager and the owner of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Plato's Closet in March 2014.

My friend told me they were hiring so I went in and asked the manager for an application. I came back an hour later to turn it in and she asked if I had time for an interview! Of course I said yes! It was a short simple interview. Just casual talk and a few basic questions. She then told me to come in the next day to get a feel for the job, three hours later, she offered me the job! I was very surprised considering I have no experience, but super happy.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation considering I have no prior experience but the pay was more than fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plato's Closet in August 2013.

Was called in for an interview about a week after my application was submitted. The interview was very casual and I was asked to take a general observation test to test my skills and I received an offer about two days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do in a stressful situation and I was unable to fully answer, only because I had never been in a stressful retail situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

one interview...very informal

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Plato's Closet in June 2013.

I was called in for a group interview at 8:30 but it started at 9:15. Interview was done near cash register with customers milling around and it was distracting. Interviewer was impatient and rude because she was clearly in a rush to finish the interview. She was uninterested in our answers and was vague about when we would be called in for a second interview if we were selected.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite book?" I fail to see how this question was relevant to being a good sales associate.   Answer Question

Worked for Plato's Closet? Contribute to the Community!