Plato's Closet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

I printed off the application they had online and turned it in in person. I received a call 2-3 months later to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the back and was very relaxed and chill. We talk about my application, my previous work experience, and my availability. I was hired during the interview and the manager explained to me some key points about the job such as the dress code, perks, raises, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were super nice in store. I came with a filled out application and resume, they claimed they'd get back to me by the end of the week. I never heard back from them at all. It was disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume, previous store experience, and the application they have online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I came in about 5 minutes early, I got to talk to some of the employees and they were nice. Then they sent me into the back. Two managers interviewed me and they were nice, but I didn't get called back.

Interview Questions

• "What are your plans for the future."   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

It was a very easy process. The questions they asked were mostly about yourself and didn't have much relevance to the job except about fashion. Dressed up a mannequin and was asked a few questions about our life and how we live. i got the job quick, within two days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Naples, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The manager was very nice and professional. Answered back to my application in a short amount of time. I only had the one interview, and they called me and offered me the position about 2 days later. I came in to fill out paperwork and started 3 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plato's Closet (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Pretty basic interview: show up with application filled out and resume. The manager will most likely ask you to arrange and colorize clothing or accessories in the store and possibly put an outfit together based on specifications they will provide you with.

Negotiation

Hired on same day. Started working 2 days later.

Personal Shopper/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Escondido, CA).

Interview

Turned in my application in person (before they created the online application). Had me fill out a random quiz which got me a little uncertain where it was going. The quiz included grammar questions, history questions, questions about fashion and brands, and about Plato's Closet itself. Called for a group interview a week later. Asked me to make a collage that resembled my style and what Platos Closet means/what I think it means to work there. The collage was really fun!!! In the group interview ( had 7 girls) we first filled out a piece of paper with our availability and then chose our seat for the interview. The two owners of this specific platos closet were there asking us the questions, along with an assistant manager and two team leads. They first had us present our collages in 60 seconds. Then we answered questions of popular brands, and the typical interview questions. The end was a fun last "question." We had to go throughout the store (in ten-fifteen minutes, i dont remember how many) and create 3 outfits. 1. an 18 year old girl on a night date. 2. a sophomore boy first day of school. and a freshman girls first day of school. Make sure your outfits have 6 pieces each, otherwise they aren't considered a full outfit. Got called back the next evening giving me the job!

Interview Questions

• Not difficult questions. Asked for popular girl brands (hollister, charlotte russe, forever 21, american eagle) and guy brands (vans, obey, levi's, etc). Also to provide a time you were given great customer service. describe a time you were given bad customer service. Have you shopped at plato's closet before? Have you sold to plato's closet? What is one good quality you have, etcetc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Wage is minimum. It was my first job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Rochester, NY).

Interview

After submitting an application in person, I was called a week after to come in for a face-to-face interview. The interview was taken place in the back room where all the extra clothes and storage was. The supervisor asked questions about my personal life, family, schooling and where I plan to go to college in the future. She asked if I had experience with sales before. She asked if I had experienced unhappy customers and how I handled it, as well as if i have experience shoplifting, I had not at that point so she asked how I would handle it at Plato's closet.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the shopping lifting question because there are so many legalities involved, and because I never experienced shoplifting before I was nervous and did not know how to answer the question thinking with the legal aspects in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just told that there was room to move up to "buyer" and "open and closer" which was more pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

We had a group interview of about 20 people. The interview included a brief get to know you then we had to dress mannequins, finally we concluded with a group activity. I would recommend to dress fashionably and feel free to joke around and have fun.

Interview Questions

• The mannequin dressing was the most unexpected, but really fun.   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huber Heights, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Huber Heights, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I printed off an application and handed it in on a Tuesday afternoon. The manager quickly looked at it and asked if I could come in on Thursday for an interview. The interview was the most easiest and laid back interview I'd ever gone to! She seemed so nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Are you apart of our community in any way?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability like?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to make it to orientation this up coming week?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think you have that would be useful in this job?   1 Answer