Plato's Closet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Plato's Closet (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

It was a group interview me and 2 other girls. We were interviewed my 2 managers, they asked basic questions. They were also very rude and stuck up every answer we gave they had a snarky remark about it. At the end of the interview they said if we got the job they'd call us the next day. I didn't get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Stuart, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

So I went into Plato's Closet to shop for a bit and asked if they were hiring and they told me they are doing a group interview over the weekend and to drop off the application from the website to the store before the interview. When I arrived at my interview with the group, there were 5 girls (counting me). We sat on the couch and the manager and a few other peoplw interviewed us. It was very informal and, actually, really fun! They just really want to know you personally and I little bit about what you like to do and past work experience. Don't be nervous like I was. It's all going to work out :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Plato's Closet?   Answer Question
    • What's one store in the mall that presented good customer service/bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Certified Buyer Interview

Interview

I turned in an application in person after seeing a now hiring sign in the window and I never received a call after turning in the application. When i called back asking about the position they said they had already filled it but would be in touch if they were ever looking to hire again

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plato's Closet (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I asked for an application in store and turned it in the same day. The employee I handed it to immediately got the hiring manager and she gave me an interview on the spot. I was asked to come back the following week for an interview with the same manager and the store owner. I was hired on the spot after the second interview and started a week after that.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

I met with the Store Owner and Store Manager in a group interview setting. This was prior to the store opening so we met off-site. Now, the Store Manager and Assistant Manager interview candidates in the store office. They went over the store's mission, shared what we might be doing in the position we were interviewing for, discussed our potential training, and then asked us questions about our past work experience, as well as questions that gave them insight into how we would handle certain situations in this new environment.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle and minimize theft?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

Easy Interview that was based in questions about my personality and some about past work experience. I wasn't stumped by any question or intimidated by the hiring manager she was a really kind and easy going person. The Interview was prior to a new store opening so many of the people who interviewed ultimately were hired as associates.

Interview Questions

• Who is your personal role model?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Plato's Closet (Montgomery, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

i was very nervous but overall the first interview was very chill and and relaxed. not to many hard questions just personality questions mostly asking about my fashion style, and why i feel as though i would be good for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Plato's Closet in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks with no call from them I honestly forget about the application. One night I got a call from the Assistant Manager! They asked if I could come in for an interview and we scheduled a time later in the week. They called the next day and asked if I could move my interview time up to the next day. I didn't want to and had to cancel some plans, but for a job it's worth it. They were VERY happy that so flexible with my interview time.

Went in the next day a few minutes before my interview time. AM took me to the back of the store for the interview. I made sure to bring a copy of my resume, too! I DEFIANTLY think that made an impression. I have no retail experience so I wanted to make the best impression possible.

AM asked me a series of questions, asked about my previous volunteer work, and that was it!
    The interview took a total of maybe 8 minutes, I went in at 2 and was out to my car leaving by 2:08!
    Very simple and easy! Just make sure to relax and be very very friendly! :)

AM told me I would hear back by at least Friday (Tuesday was my interview) but I received a call from the Manager offering me a Job a few hours later!! :)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plato's Closet.

Interview

I printed off the application they had online and turned it in in person. I received a call 2-3 months later to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the back and was very relaxed and chill. We talk about my application, my previous work experience, and my availability. I was hired during the interview and the manager explained to me some key points about the job such as the dress code, perks, raises, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite store to shop at?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were super nice in store. I came with a filled out application and resume, they claimed they'd get back to me by the end of the week. I never heard back from them at all. It was disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume, previous store experience, and the application they have online.   Answer Question