PlattForm Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.4

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in July 2014.

The interview process is way too much for the position a high school student could do. First, they give you a phone interview. Then, they invite you in for a second interview. Which is so bad it's funny. They give you a 3 hour group interview which seems more like an orientation than an interview. They have a corny power point to sell you the company. And even more ghetto, they tell everyone in the room the salary is $12.00. So salary is not based off merit, and they make it very clear you will be on the phones all day for 6-9 months. The people working there looked like they spent that $12.00 on hair weave, Jordan tennis shoes, and fake nails. I listened to a mock call and it was pathetic, they trick people calling for jobs into being leads for school. They tell you in the interview that schools pay for these leads. If the people working there had went to school they wouldn't be working there. plain and simple.

Over educated

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in April 2014.

Interesting group evaluation based on a teamwork game, group tour, and an individual interview. The interview was not difficult, and the group assessment was unorthodox and basically gave each candidate an opportunity to reveal leadership skills. They ended up dismissing the entire program, thus wasting everyone's time and effort.

Interview Questions
    • How has your education prepared you specifically to work in your area of choice as an intern?   Answer Question

Digital Media Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in October 2013.

Contacted by HR department over phone, basic phone interview and review of resume. One week later contacted by email with specific questions relating to job skills (very standard questions). About ten days later contacted again by HR for an interview with HR. In person interview with HR, very basic questions that were honestly somewhat useless, rehashing of email questions. The same week an second interview with the department director that was much more substantive: Specific questions on previous jobs, skill set, what are your weaknesses, do you work well in groups, why should we hire you and so forth. The next week was contacted for an interview with one of the VP's. The third in person interview with the VP was similar to the HR interview, all over the place and most questions were more focused on why Plattform/this specific job/company culture. Questions included how do you handle stress, how do you plan your day, how do you handle several competing deadlines, etc. About four weeks later i was told they had moved in an different direction.

Interview Questions
    • What is you biggest weakness? What are two more weaknesses? I expected the first but then adding too more i had to pause a bit.

Is digital media your passion?
        Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

It was easy and fast. All our conversation strictly followed my resume. We discussed my job experiences and education.
    A very important questions was - my salary expectations. But when I asked what the average salary for that position was, they said the did not know... I guess, it meant that it is really low, as this is the lowest position in the advertising agency that exists (for a person with a college degree).
    Then they explained to me the position. And I realized that it was not my dream job...

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through other source - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in September 2013.

I was sought out on LinkedIn and asked to come to their office. I met with the VP of HR and CIO. They were very nice and professional. Plattform seemed to be a very fun environment. Very flexible! Everything I was looking for in an employer. I was told they were very interested and wanted my professional references which I forwarded. I have never heard from them since. I called and emailed to follow up and they never followed up. That was pretty disappointing. If something had changed they should inform the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If I could choose someone to take to dinner, who would it be and why? Questions were were very straight forward. Summarize background, what are you looking for? Career goals...etc   Answer Question

Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in May 2013.

Very fast paced interview process. The initial interview was a 30 minute long "get to know you" interview, followed by meetings with the head of HR and the CTO the very next day. Both of these interviews were around 20 min long.

Interview Questions
    • Using your language of choice, write a function to print the odd numbers from 1 - 100.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Applied through their website and after a few weeks, got a call from Jen Pine with HR to schedule an interview. When I arrived, she greeted me after waiting in the lobby then took me to her office and asked mostly about myself and my experience. I was later escorted to the media department where two supervisors interviewed me. It was a casual atmosphere and everyone I met with was very nice. It took eight weeks before the new HR recruiter (Tony Younger) contacted me to tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Web Marketer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in July 2011.

Went in to interview for one job, came out with another

Interview Questions
    Awkward negotiation. My final interview/job acceptance I was told "off-the-record" that I needed to keep my religion to myself (my resume stated under volunteering that I had been on several missions trips). It was completely out of nowhere. I had never even talked about my religion (Christianity) during the entire time I interviewed.

Web Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Disjoined and all over the place. Met with 4 different people, 4 different times. I live in Kansas City, MO so driving to Lenexa every time for 30 minutes is kind of a pain when they could have just all coordinated.

Interview Questions
    • The last interview (Chief Culture Officer) featured a guy just sitting there, didn't ask much. It was his interview "style" but it was pretty silly.   Answer Question
    I threw out a number and they accepted. I already knew what the top of the budget was.

Proofreader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Hard to even get a call back. When you do, expect a proofing test before an interview is even initiated. First interview with HR then dept. manager. If they want you, you'll have another interview with the Chief "Culture" Officer.

No negotiation.

Worked for PlattForm Advertising? Contribute to the Community!