PlattForm Advertising

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interesting group evaluation based on a teamwork game, group tour, and an individual interview. The interview was not difficult, and the group assessment was unorthodox and basically gave each candidate an opportunity to reveal leadership skills. They ended up dismissing the entire program, thus wasting everyone's time and effort.

Interview Question – How has your education prepared you specifically to work in your area of choice as an intern?   Answer Question

Digital Media Buyer Interview

Digital Media Buyer

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR department over phone, basic phone interview and review of resume. One week later contacted by email with specific questions relating to job skills (very standard questions). About ten days later contacted again by HR for an interview with HR. In person interview with HR, very basic questions that were honestly somewhat useless, rehashing of email questions. The same week an second interview with the department director that was much more substantive: Specific questions on previous jobs, skill set, what are your weaknesses, do you work well in groups, why should we hire you and so forth. The next week was contacted for an interview with one of the VP's. The third in person interview with the VP was similar to the HR interview, all over the place and most questions were more focused on why Plattform/this specific job/company culture. Questions included how do you handle stress, how do you plan your day, how do you handle several competing deadlines, etc. About four weeks later i was told they had moved in an different direction.

Interview Question – What is you biggest weakness? What are two more weaknesses? I expected the first but then adding too more i had to pause a bit.

Is digital media your passion?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Interview Details – It was easy and fast. All our conversation strictly followed my resume. We discussed my job experiences and education.
A very important questions was - my salary expectations. But when I asked what the average salary for that position was, they said the did not know... I guess, it meant that it is really low, as this is the lowest position in the advertising agency that exists (for a person with a college degree).
Then they explained to me the position. And I realized that it was not my dream job...

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Lenexa, KS

I applied through other source - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was sought out on LinkedIn and asked to come to their office. I met with the VP of HR and CIO. They were very nice and professional. Plattform seemed to be a very fun environment. Very flexible! Everything I was looking for in an employer. I was told they were very interested and wanted my professional references which I forwarded. I have never heard from them since. I called and emailed to follow up and they never followed up. That was pretty disappointing. If something had changed they should inform the candidates.

Interview Question – If I could choose someone to take to dinner, who would it be and why? Questions were were very straight forward. Summarize background, what are you looking for? Career goals...etc   Answer Question

Associate Programmer Interview

Associate Programmer
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very fast paced interview process. The initial interview was a 30 minute long "get to know you" interview, followed by meetings with the head of HR and the CTO the very next day. Both of these interviews were around 20 min long.

Interview Question – Using your language of choice, write a function to print the odd numbers from 1 - 100.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Media Buyer
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and after a few weeks, got a call from Jen Pine with HR to schedule an interview. When I arrived, she greeted me after waiting in the lobby then took me to her office and asked mostly about myself and my experience. I was later escorted to the media department where two supervisors interviewed me. It was a casual atmosphere and everyone I met with was very nice. It took eight weeks before the new HR recruiter (Tony Younger) contacted me to tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Question – Are you more logical or creative-minded?   Answer Question

Web Marketer Interview

Web Marketer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in July 2011.

Interview Details – Went in to interview for one job, came out with another

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Awkward negotiation. My final interview/job acceptance I was told "off-the-record" that I needed to keep my religion to myself (my resume stated under volunteering that I had been on several missions trips). It was completely out of nowhere. I had never even talked about my religion (Christianity) during the entire time I interviewed.

Web Marketer Interview

Web Marketer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Interview Details – Disjoined and all over the place. Met with 4 different people, 4 different times. I live in Kansas City, MO so driving to Lenexa every time for 30 minutes is kind of a pain when they could have just all coordinated.

Interview Question – The last interview (Chief Culture Officer) featured a guy just sitting there, didn't ask much. It was his interview "style" but it was pretty silly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I threw out a number and they accepted. I already knew what the top of the budget was.

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising.

Interview Details – Hard to even get a call back. When you do, expect a proofing test before an interview is even initiated. First interview with HR then dept. manager. If they want you, you'll have another interview with the Chief "Culture" Officer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PlattForm Advertising in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by folks who didn't know much about the position. Some tried to talk the talk but showed immediate signs of incompetence. The founder was brash and impolite. CEO was professional.

Interview Question – If you had to choose between a monkey and a donkey, which would you pick?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was far below-market, but the benefits seemed exceptional. After accepting the job and turning down other offers, I learned that it takes three months for health benefits to begin, a sort of ridiculous probation period. I later learned it was due to the shockingly high turnaround at this company. My family couldn't depend on me during this time. I felt duped by the HR dept.

Worked for PlattForm Advertising? Contribute to the Community!