PlattForm Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.3

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PlattForm.

Interview

Was recommended by a family friend that works there. Emailed me asking for more information. 1 phone interview and one onsite interview. Received feedback 2 weeks after interviewing. Make sure you know what is on your resume and be able to explain any extracurricular activities you do outside of school and work.

Interview Questions

• A phone interview asking the usual stuff: what projects have you done, what languages do you know, mostly behavioral. Onsite interview asked a few problem solving questions, more behavioral interview questions over resume. One programming question asking you to find sum of numbers between 1-10.   Answer Question

Web Developer/Designer Interview

Interview

Initial interview was relaxed and friendly, although some difficult questions were asked. They really stumped me on a few questions. Interviewer seemed to take an interest in me as a person beyond my basic job skills, and did a good job explaining PlattForm culture. Subsequent interview with upper management was much more intimidating and less personal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor and what you did about it.   Answer Question

PlattForm Response

Jan 20, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. We love getting to know our candidates, and as they go through the interview process, we like to learn how they responded to situations in the past and how they would act ... More

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PlattForm (Lenexa, KS) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process is way too much for the position a high school student could do. First, they give you a phone interview. Then, they invite you in for a second interview. Which is so bad it's funny. They give you a 3 hour group interview which seems more like an orientation than an interview. They have a corny power point to sell you the company. And even more ghetto, they tell everyone in the room the salary is $12.00. So salary is not based off merit, and they make it very clear you will be on the phones all day for 6-9 months. The people working there looked like they spent that $12.00 on hair weave, Jordan tennis shoes, and fake nails. I listened to a mock call and it was pathetic, they trick people calling for jobs into being leads for school. They tell you in the interview that schools pay for these leads. If the people working there had went to school they wouldn't be working there. plain and simple.

Over educated

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PlattForm (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Interesting group evaluation based on a teamwork game, group tour, and an individual interview. The interview was not difficult, and the group assessment was unorthodox and basically gave each candidate an opportunity to reveal leadership skills. They ended up dismissing the entire program, thus wasting everyone's time and effort.

Interview Questions

• How has your education prepared you specifically to work in your area of choice as an intern?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PlattForm in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted me after I spoke to the company at a job fair. Brought in a group to tour the company and have face-to-face interviews. Ended up emailing us after the interview process and announcing that they were no longer doing their internship program.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you had to solve a difficult problem with no assistance.   Answer Question

PlattForm Response

Jan 20, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

Unfortunately, we were unable to have an internship program in 2014 and again in 2015. We want to provide each intern with a valuable learning experience. , As we are in the final stages of an ... More

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PlattForm (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

It was easy and fast. All our conversation strictly followed my resume. We discussed my job experiences and education.
    A very important questions was - my salary expectations. But when I asked what the average salary for that position was, they said the did not know... I guess, it meant that it is really low, as this is the lowest position in the advertising agency that exists (for a person with a college degree).
    Then they explained to me the position. And I realized that it was not my dream job...

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PlattForm (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Applied through their website and after a few weeks, got a call from Jen Pine with HR to schedule an interview. When I arrived, she greeted me after waiting in the lobby then took me to her office and asked mostly about myself and my experience. I was later escorted to the media department where two supervisors interviewed me. It was a casual atmosphere and everyone I met with was very nice. It took eight weeks before the new HR recruiter (Tony Younger) contacted me to tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Digital Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PlattForm in October 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR department over phone, basic phone interview and review of resume. One week later contacted by email with specific questions relating to job skills (very standard questions). About ten days later contacted again by HR for an interview with HR. In person interview with HR, very basic questions that were honestly somewhat useless, rehashing of email questions. The same week an second interview with the department director that was much more substantive: Specific questions on previous jobs, skill set, what are your weaknesses, do you work well in groups, why should we hire you and so forth. The next week was contacted for an interview with one of the VP's. The third in person interview with the VP was similar to the HR interview, all over the place and most questions were more focused on why Plattform/this specific job/company culture. Questions included how do you handle stress, how do you plan your day, how do you handle several competing deadlines, etc. About four weeks later i was told they had moved in an different direction.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest weakness? What are two more weaknesses? I expected the first but then adding too more i had to pause a bit.

Is digital media your passion?

Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PlattForm in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I got called about an interview within a few days. The interviews weren't overly complicated, but I had very good character references from past and current employees that seemed to cut out a lot of the "getting to know you" type questions. They asked about my previous experience (which was related to SEO but not specialized in it)

Because I was recently laid off, my availability was very easy: I had 4 rounds of interviews in 2 days and was offered a position on the spot during the final interview. Some of the interviews were one-on-one. For some, I was interviewed by multiple people.

They gave me time to consider their offer, and I called back later to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I offered my preferred salary, they accepted my offer without question.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at PlattForm (Lenexa, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

I was sought out on LinkedIn and asked to come to their office. I met with the VP of HR and CIO. They were very nice and professional. Plattform seemed to be a very fun environment. Very flexible! Everything I was looking for in an employer. I was told they were very interested and wanted my professional references which I forwarded. I have never heard from them since. I called and emailed to follow up and they never followed up. That was pretty disappointing. If something had changed they should inform the candidates.

Interview Questions

• If I could choose someone to take to dinner, who would it be and why? Questions were were very straight forward. Summarize background, what are you looking for? Career goals...etc   Answer Question