Play It Again Sports Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Play It Again Sports

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Northbrook, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Very informal, very relaxed. If they call you in for an interview, you're most likely guaranteed the job. They will tell ask you a few questions about your resume, but that's about it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you led a team.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Greenville, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

There was not much of an interview. I submitted my application and was called into the store for an interview about 3 weeks later. The interview resulted in the manager just talking about the job requirements and things that happen in the store on a daily basis. There were very few questions directed at me.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions other than, "Do you have any sales experience?"   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Play It Again Sports.

Interview

Easy. One interview process, just make sure you're not completely crazy, show the manager that you're passionate about sports and learning about the equipment, and that you are able to perform basic functions such as cashiering and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Play It Again Sports.

Interview

Got the interview through my dad, who previously knew him from past interactions. Met at a McDonalds, and we talked about the job requirements and all the usual stuff. Boss was on his phone for most of the time texting and talking, so it was a very weird interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales/Regular Staff Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Lakeland, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Application fill out and basically given quick run-down while they;re if your suitable for position.

Interview Questions

• How strong do your know about individual sports and sales experience   1 Answer

I was lied to for entire month that I would be given a miniscule raise in hourly pay...but when time came, it never happened and was led on and lied to.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Toledo, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Simple printed-off application online in which was handed in personally. Called back about the job a week later and an interview was scheduled. Was then given a two week "trial period" to insure that the necessary tasks of the job could be fulfilled. These tasks included mostly merchandising of the store and also the aspect of customer service.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had any experience in retail, and am I able to approach/talk to customers to identify their each and every need.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Strongsville, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

First found out about a part time position in my schools' coffee shop. I took a phone number slip and contacted the store owner. At the time they needed 2-3 new employees, as they were just past their grand opening. I went to the store that day (after finding there was no application available online) and filled an application out in-store. Within one week I was contacted about a part time position, flexible with my class schedule. I took the position, pending being able to take leave from my other job, which I was able to do. The interview was fairly basic; "What sports do you play? What do you know about sports equipment? Do you have any sales experience?" etc. The job is basically entry level so the interview was not difficult. Orientation took about one hour, explaining what products are carried and where they are located in the store. The rest is hands-on supervised training in using the register system.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The owner of this location had a pre-set beginning wage, but gives yearly raises.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Play It Again Sports (Pasadena, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of typical interview questions regarding my experience and qualifications for a Sales Associate position. I had to demonstrate my ability to interact with customers. Something unique to the position was the employer's interest in my athletic experiences. He wanted to know about my specialization in soccer and softball so he could understand where my passions were.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Play It Again Sports.

Interview

Was referred to this company by a friend. Owner requested me to speak with him after submitting my application for employment a few days prior. Computer Knowledge, having skills communicating with customers/co-workers is essential for this job. In a "interview" of almost 10 minutes I was told to begin my work!

Interview Questions

• How would you add extra value to the customers transaction (Will be hard to answer with no past sales experience!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

My employment

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy, few questions and was called back the following day and started two days later. Advise would be to go in and grab an application and ask to talk with the manager and tell her what you are looking for, being friendly and upfront and sometimes you will be able to interview on the spot.