Interviews for Top Jobs at Play n Trade

Candidate Interview Review

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Play n Trade in January 2010.

The interview process starts by posting on the Play N Trade facebook's forum, where you had to write a paragraph about yourself. If they liked you (after also checking your facebook) they sent you a facebook message asking you to come in and apply. I came in and applied and chatted with one of the workers. He called the manager, and the manager interviewed me on the spot. I was called into a second interview by the assistant manager. After interviewing with him, he offered me the job. The questions I was asked were primarily about video games and my knowledge of them, as well as some customer service questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite boss [like]? (They asked me this regarding both a video game 'boss' and a boss from work)   Answer Question
    • If a parent came in wanting to buy this game [Dragon Age] for their 12 year old, what would you tell them about it?   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiation. They pay you what they wanna pay you. If you are just a part time teen, they will pay you around minimum wage, maybe a little higher if you are going to be Mario, because they know that sucks. If you are a manager/key holder, they pay you more. Keep in mind there is opportunity for commission, as well as tips if you happen to do birthday parties.

Worked for Play n Trade? Contribute to the Community!