Playboy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Photographer Interview

Photographer
Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Playboy.

Interview Details – An interviewed was scheduled for Santa Monica, CA office. Was cancelled 3 times the morning of the interview, 2 times about 1.5 hours before the actual interview when I was in commute. 4th time it was pushed back 4 hours, 30 min before I showed up.
Finally when I interviewed I was told by interviewer straight to my face that unless I knew someone here or I can directly benefit him in any was shape or form, dreaming about the position was the closest I would ever get to the position

Interview Question – Who do you know that can help me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer only to resign few couple of months later.

Videographer Interview

Videographer
West Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Playboy in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired without a true interview process. I was hired from my portfolio/video reel and referrals. I have a history with the company as well, so a working past with the decision makers helped in the hiring process as well.

Interview Question – What can you do for us that other have not?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult. They low balled me all the way.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Playboy in October 2009.

Interview Details – I initially did a personality screening with an HR staffer and was then put in touch with a technical contact who asked me lots of specific work-related questions.

Interview Question – They asked me very specific CSS formatting questions. It was like a pop quiz on div positioning and quirky browser behavior that I was not prepared for.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Playboy in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviu Face to face, questions as how would I process an invoice

Interview Question – what do I know about Playboy Company   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The name of Playboy company.

Worked for Playboy? Contribute to the Community!