Playboy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.6

Developer Interview

Interview

JSFiddle session over the phone as well as some general questions about javascript. I was asked to create a simple html layout and to make a function to alter it. Pretty easy.

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview followed by a second phone call with the Head of Tech which consisted of a screen share utilizing jsFiddle. Was given brief notes and asked to code a simple 2 column responsive layout, adhering to specific dimensions and styling.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on quirks of box-model margin and padding   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Playboy.

Interview

Interview process included phone interview, sample content assessment, and in person interview. The entire process took about 1 month. Everyone was very kind and accommodating leading up to and during the interview process, and the office seemed to have a very family like culture. Biggest complaint is that I never received a response, even after multiple attempts to contact from my end.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel would be your biggest challenge in working here?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Playboy (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

An interviewed was scheduled for Santa Monica, CA office. Was cancelled 3 times the morning of the interview, 2 times about 1.5 hours before the actual interview when I was in commute. 4th time it was pushed back 4 hours, 30 min before I showed up. Finally when I interviewed I was told by interviewer straight to my face that unless I knew someone here or I can directly benefit him in any was shape or form, dreaming about the position was the closest I would ever get to the position

Interview Questions

• Who do you know that can help me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer only to resign few couple of months later.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I initially did a personality screening with an HR staffer and was then put in touch with a technical contact who asked me lots of specific work-related questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific CSS formatting questions. It was like a pop quiz on div positioning and quirky browser behavior that I was not prepared for.   1 Answer

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Playboy (West Hollywood, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I was hired without a true interview process. I was hired from my portfolio/video reel and referrals. I have a history with the company as well, so a working past with the decision makers helped in the hiring process as well.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for us that other have not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult. They low balled me all the way.

Move Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Chiswick, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was a really chilled layer back interview, so you feel comfortable it's not imtimidating at all! Really enjoyed it. Would recommend to just chill out don't talk to fast! Be confident but not over the top! Make sure you use eye contact. Overall my expirence was amazing had an interview on a Tuesday and by Friday I was hired very happy!

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Playboy (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviu Face to face, questions as how would I process an invoice

Interview Questions

• what do I know about Playboy Company   1 Answer

The name of Playboy company.