Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Playdom
- Software Engineer (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Developer (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Front-end Software Engineer (1)
- Product Manager - Virals (1)
- User Acquisition Analyst (1)
- Some Analyst/Data Scientist Position (1)
- Senior Mobile Software Engineer (1)
- Senioer Technical Recruiter (1)
- Game Services Lead (1)
- BI Live Ops Analyst (1)
- Senior Quality Analyst (1)
- Producer (1)
- Quality Analyst (1)
- Senior Flash Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- User Interface Designer (1)
- Director of Product Management (1)
- Associate Product Manager (1)
- Game Designer (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Human Resources Coordinator (1)
- Web Dev (1)
- Artist (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Playdom (Mountain View, CA) in January 2011.
The person I interviewed w/ was a VP or director of marketing. I was surprised to find she actually didn't have a good understanding of the industry while she tried to hide the fact and said something very unprofessional and mean. I was very disappointed and I hope Playdom can do well after being acquired by Disney, because Disney laid off hundreds of game studio employees.
- How do you know what is a good Facebook ads CPC? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Playdom (Mountain View, CA) in January 2010.
The recruiter got delayed in scheduling the interview. When the interview did get scheduled, it was for a wrong position. So obviously the hiring manager couldn't connect on the phone.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Playdom (Mountain View, CA) in November 2009.
I submitted my resume online and received an email response within 3 days to set up an initial screening interview. After the initial screen, I was given a worksheet to complete testing me on some common relevant knowledge to the position, as well as testing my ability to think outside the box in dealing with common on-the-job problems. Two more phone interviews occurred within a week before they flew me out to their Mountain View office for a full-day interview with multiple team members. I fell in love with the office right away - the company has an exciting startup feel and the people there are really committed to a.) Playdom, b.) gaming, and c.) doing their jobs well. A great experience overall.
- Write out a product specification document for a PB&J. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Playdom (Mountain View, CA) in September 2009.
I submitted my resume and received a response just a few days later to arrange a skills test. I had 24 hours to submit my test (regardless of my schedule, which was kind of annoying but I was lucky because work was slow anyway). A day or two later that they approved of my test and wanted to fly me in from. I had a brief phone screening from HR and two days later I was in their office. Interview last a loooooong time. 4-5 hours by my count. They told me that as things looked positive I would continue to meet team members - so I took that as a good sign. I kept up my energy pretty well until about the final meeting with one of the founders, which was unfortunate. Between travel, nerves and processing a lot of solid basic and advanced questions that were technical and philosophical, I was spent. They flew me out red-eye that night - OUCH - and I received an email the next day they were going to pass from an executive that I never interviewed with - kind of peeved me, especially since I was zonked out of my mind from the flight. I reached out to HR and my rep I worked with said that the team was very positive about me and was not told why they chose to pass. Unfortunate, but I'd certainly be willing to apply again.
- The most observed theory in User Interface is the closest, largest elements are the most effective in design, with exception to what principal? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review