Playdom Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Playdom in January 2011.

The person I interviewed w/ was a VP or director of marketing. I was surprised to find she actually didn't have a good understanding of the industry while she tried to hide the fact and said something very unprofessional and mean. I was very disappointed and I hope Playdom can do well after being acquired by Disney, because Disney laid off hundreds of game studio employees.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Playdom in January 2010.

The recruiter got delayed in scheduling the interview. When the interview did get scheduled, it was for a wrong position. So obviously the hiring manager couldn't connect on the phone.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Playdom in November 2009.

I submitted my resume online and received an email response within 3 days to set up an initial screening interview. After the initial screen, I was given a worksheet to complete testing me on some common relevant knowledge to the position, as well as testing my ability to think outside the box in dealing with common on-the-job problems. Two more phone interviews occurred within a week before they flew me out to their Mountain View office for a full-day interview with multiple team members.

I fell in love with the office right away - the company has an exciting startup feel and the people there are really committed to a.) Playdom, b.) gaming, and c.) doing their jobs well. A great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Write out a product specification document for a PB&J.   Answer Question

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Playdom in September 2009.

I submitted my resume and received a response just a few days later to arrange a skills test.

I had 24 hours to submit my test (regardless of my schedule, which was kind of annoying but I was lucky because work was slow anyway).

A day or two later that they approved of my test and wanted to fly me in from. I had a brief phone screening from HR and two days later I was in their office.

Interview last a loooooong time. 4-5 hours by my count. They told me that as things looked positive I would continue to meet team members - so I took that as a good sign. I kept up my energy pretty well until about the final meeting with one of the founders, which was unfortunate. Between travel, nerves and processing a lot of solid basic and advanced questions that were technical and philosophical, I was spent.

They flew me out red-eye that night - OUCH - and I received an email the next day they were going to pass from an executive that I never interviewed with - kind of peeved me, especially since I was zonked out of my mind from the flight.

I reached out to HR and my rep I worked with said that the team was very positive about me and was not told why they chose to pass. Unfortunate, but I'd certainly be willing to apply again.

Interview Questions
    • The most observed theory in User Interface is the closest, largest elements are the most effective in design, with exception to what principal?   View Answer

Worked for Playdom? Contribute to the Community!