Playfirst

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Warehouse Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Playfirst in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very smooth and professional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Playfirst

Interview Details – It was a one day interview and I met with five different people. The company seemed to be struggling and there wasn't much in the way of vision for the future. They seemed to be pleased not to be losing money anymore.

Interview Question – What does the virtual table do in C?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Playfirst in January 2010.

Interview Details – Overall the people I met with were very professional and respectful.

The process started with a recruiter email. then 2 calls. The first was a general screen, the second a follow up after he'd presented my resume to the hiring manager. I was ultimately brought in for an in person

The recruiter was perhaps overly confident that my background was a solid fit. Although we did discuss my background in detail and I expressed concerns about the match, I was brought into the office for an in person interview.

The hiring manager that I spoke with had good questions but it seemed as though she had not really understood the background I had ( or my concerns that I expressed to the recruiter were not conveyed) She was visibly annoyed that I didn't have direct experience in gaming - although this was something I'd addressed with the recruiter and was obvious on my resume.

The net for me as in interviewer - this is why phone screens with the hiring manager are valuable for both sides before the effort of an in person meeting is scheduled.

Interview Question – How do you think your background suits this role?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

SDK Architect Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Playfirst in May 2010.

Interview Details – Technical grilling on fundamentals of computer science, application design, architecture design, algorithms, problem solving, puzzels.

Interview Question – Describe different approaches for analyzing sparse array of 0,1,2. Compare and contrast the approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Resonable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Playfirst? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Playfirst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Playfirst employees and interview candidates.