Playfirst

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Playfirst in January 2010.

Overall the people I met with were very professional and respectful.

The process started with a recruiter email. then 2 calls. The first was a general screen, the second a follow up after he'd presented my resume to the hiring manager. I was ultimately brought in for an in person

The recruiter was perhaps overly confident that my background was a solid fit. Although we did discuss my background in detail and I expressed concerns about the match, I was brought into the office for an in person interview.

The hiring manager that I spoke with had good questions but it seemed as though she had not really understood the background I had ( or my concerns that I expressed to the recruiter were not conveyed) She was visibly annoyed that I didn't have direct experience in gaming - although this was something I'd addressed with the recruiter and was obvious on my resume.

The net for me as in interviewer - this is why phone screens with the hiring manager are valuable for both sides before the effort of an in person meeting is scheduled.

Interview Questions