Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Plexus
- Program Manager (5)
- Production Associate (4)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Purchasing Associate (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Mechanical Engineer II (1)
- Production Supervisor (1)
- Product Engineer (1)
- Focus Factory Manager (1)
- Software/Hardware Engineer (1)
- Design Engineer Graduate Trainee (1)
- Equipment Support Coordinator (1)
- Customer Manager Or Business Develop Director (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Hardware Engineer II (1)
- Analog Engineer (1)
- Analog Hardware Engineer (1)
- Finance (1)
- Sales (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Software Intern (1)
- Engineer II (1)
- Electrical Engineer (1)
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Director (1)
- Electronic Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.
Plexus has a unique process for mid-level positions and higher. You are required to put together a powerpoint presentation and give a 45 min presentation on you and your work history. These presentations go well if you dont recreate your resume but show a little creativity and highlight your strengths. The presentation is to a panel and then you meet with the panel individually. Most of the interviewers are from the business but they also throw in a legal interviewer. Its an all day event.
- depends on the interviewer. Business people ask PNL, rev recog questions. Legal asks questions about contracting. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.
Phone Screen with HR and then technical phone screen with Engineer, typical questions some technical related questions. On-site, had to give a presentation with a group of people (mostly engineers) and sell myself. Technical interviews around analog and digital electronics (very tough), spoke with HR, direct manager and a director of something. Lunch with possible future peers.
- Describe yourself outside of work, as if you and I are on a business trip and we are getting to know each other? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Madison, WI) in February 2015.
I submitted my resume at a career fair held at my college, got an email for an on-campus interview a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and questions were pretty standard.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2015.
The interview starts out with basic behavioral questions and asks about experiences and stories from work or school. However, the second half of the interview is done by one of the companies own Mechanical Engineers with very specific ME based questions. Make sure to review basic concepts from classes such as heat transfer and mechanical design if you desire to do really well in the interview.
- What material would you use to make a light weight, strong mountain bike? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (College Station, TX) in January 2015.
Met a recruiter at university career fair. Was offered an interview at universities campus the next day. Interview was relaxed and very basic. Standard basic interview questions. Recruiter was very friendly. Never heard back from the company. Emailed them and never got response from them. Very disappointed in the fact that recruiter never emailed or contacted back after interview. Did not like being left in the dark on their decision.
- A project you were successful with. Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Plexus in July 2014.
Interestingly, had to prepare and deliver a PowerPoint presentation on why I should be hired. Wasn't given the presentation template until the night before and had to email it by 9:00am the next day. HR Recruiter thought it was a great presentation although the audience provided very little feedback. Audience was another HR person, 3 program managers and the operations manager.
- How do you organize and prepare yourself for a busy day? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in July 2014.
Applied online for a production supervisor position. I was called and an appointment for a phone interview was made. Interviewer called and we talked for a bit and I was informed that the position had been filled internally. The interviewer was pleasant and professional, I was able to ask followup questions about the possibles of a position like this opening up again as well as talking about my experience and qualifications regarding filling a slot like this.
- We did not get into the actual interview. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.
Started the process by showing up to a campus recruiting session. Gave them my resume and I had a phone call within the week from their area recruiter. I then had an on campus interview for about 45 minutes and a week later a phone interview followed for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly non-technical but some did revolve around basic engineering topics. If you have a lower GPA, they will grill you on it. As long as you can defend your GPA you will be fine.
- What is the biggest bug you have encountered? How did you find it? What did you do about it? What did you learn from it? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2011.
Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening. Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor. In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience. Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.
- You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in December 2010.
The communication with the company was great and the interviewers were very pleasant. It was a pretty average interview for an engineering position.
- What was a difficult problem that you were able to work through? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review