Plexus

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Plexus in August 2009.

Interview Details – For any customer-facing position, Plexus utilizes a rigorous interview process. This will typically consist of a one or more phone interviews (for external candidates) followed by an invitation to interview in person. This will start with a candidate-prepared PowerPoint presentation presented to an interview team of 6 to 10 people. Following this will be one-on-one interviews with approximtely 6 individuals on the interview team. The team will compare notes and the candidate will be informed of the hiring decision anywhere from 1 to 30 days later.

Interview Question – Describe why you are a good fit for this position.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Neenah, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plexus in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening.

Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor.

In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience.

Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.

Interview Question – You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Software/Hardware Engineer Interview

Software/Hardware Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Started the process by showing up to a campus recruiting session. Gave them my resume and I had a phone call within the week from their area recruiter. I then had an on campus interview for about 45 minutes and a week later a phone interview followed for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly non-technical but some did revolve around basic engineering topics. If you have a lower GPA, they will grill you on it. As long as you can defend your GPA you will be fine.

Interview Question – What is the biggest bug you have encountered? How did you find it? What did you do about it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – On campus interview: Asked behavioral and typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, group projects, how you work in a group, etc). Also asked a few technical coding questions. Asked about interest in software versus hardware. Asked about computer science classes that I had taken. Overall pretty typical. Lasted 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Asked what an ISR was and when it would be used.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Neenah, WI

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with HR
2. Basic engineering test
3. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
4. Onsite interview with managers, HR, and senior engineers

Interview Question – What are your goals in 5 years?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – was young and looking to move West to enjoy the Rocky Mountains.
The hiring engagement was pretty straight forward. The initial HR representative that I spoke to seemed a bit unpolished, but once you get through to a hiring manger it is much better. For electrical engineering positions you should expect a standard battery of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced – dust off you college text books. People were friendly and seemed to like their jobs. It took a long time for them to tell me one way or another if I got the job. I did not appreciate that.

Interview Question – A standard set of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced and an informal lunch for asking questions.   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – I got this job through Kelly Services. Their interview consisted of an unbelievable test, which consisted of math, spelling, drawing lines inside of lines, and comprehending what you've read.

Interview Question – What wage are you looking for? Why they ask this does not make any sense since the wage is already set. There is no negotiating on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. You either accept the job or notl

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Neenah, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Question – What do you think I want to hear
Had other skills questions
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Staff Process Engineer Interview

Staff Process Engineer
Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Plexus in May 2010.

Interview Details – be prepare for the interview and show your interest to the job offer.

Interview Question – request for something you did not experience on   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Nampa, ID

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Plexus in July 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 separate people. Very cordial. I had a start on this job, since I was a temp-to-hire candidate. I was in this status from March to July.

Interview Question – How would you correct a problem in the MRP.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was mainly able to get the salary that I thought was competitive tor this job.

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!