Plexus

Very Easy Interview

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Neenah, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plexus in February 2014.

Interview Details – took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Question – no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it if you want no life

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Neenah, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2009.

Interview Details – Company policy is to have you come in and do a Powerpoint presentation to management team on your background. Initial discussions were good and open, but on day of presentation I was not feeling well so likely did not look 100%. HR states that they give all candidates feedback on how things went, but this was not my experience. Only through the recruiter did I find out that they did not like that I looked "tired". I was just coming off surgery and not doing great that day. No one asked me if I was feeling OK, but I guess I could have explained but did not. Overall, they seem like an arrogant bunch.

Interview Question – They wanted information about my present employer (a competitor) more than anything.   View Answer

Focus Factory Manager Interview

Focus Factory Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a presentation and several small panel interviews with Sr. Management team.

Interview Question – How do you know when something may not ship as committed and how do you deal with it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, followed by counteroffer, negotiated start date and relocation.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in May 2009.

Interview Details – The company was very fair and flexible regarding the interview times. They paid for the flight and all other expenses. The questions asked were straight forward and focused on my personality and experiences.

Director Interview

Director

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed and professional process. The phone interviews (two) were more strategic vs. tactical. A 45 minute presentation was required in front of a group of the hiring managers peers. Late arrivals by some of the group was disaapointing but the group was fair with their comments. 1:1 interviews with the peers leaned towards tactical questions and were 1/2 hour each and questions were repeated. Scheduling for these were a bit unorganized. In summary, the concept of the process is good but the execution could have been better. I suspect the hiring managers are still learning the process.

Interview Question – Describe a pefect vertical integration (VI) solution and follow with a VI solution that is destined to fail.   View Answer

Electronic Engineer Interview

Electronic Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in February 2010.

Interview Details – First the company recruiter phone interviewed me for 30 minutes and then hiring manager had technical phone screennig for 30 minutes . He asked me the very technical question that I didn't expect to asked at this time . I hope I will go for face to face interview.

Interview Question – About designing power supply   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Neenah, WI

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with HR
2. Basic engineering test
3. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
4. Onsite interview with managers, HR, and senior engineers

Interview Question – What are your goals in 5 years?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Neenah, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plexus in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR asked if I was interested and said I was qualified. Spoke to Recruiter, answered pre-screening questions. Took skills assessment test and the results were scored. After test, moved on to 1:1 Interview with Mgr, who asked why I was interested in the company, my background, what I like about Plexus and then some technical questions. HR was friendly and remembered me from previous internship. I felt comfortable speaking with anyone and the work culture is focused on employees and their satisfaction as well as making sure they reach their personal and career goals. Still awaiting feedback....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you applied you leadership skills during a conflict?   Answer Question
  • How would you measure the input current of a power supply that has a supply voltage of 120V and outputs 5V @ 5A with a 1 Ohn load resistor? Also, how would you measure the ripple effect of the output voltage   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plexus in January 2008.

Interview Details – Initial HR interview, moved onto a skills assessment test. Hr interview was very relaxed, just basic questions such as why you want to work for them, describe your strengths and weaknesses. My background, how I wanted my career to progress. Overall I felt the interview went well and feel the company lived up to my expectations.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Engineer II
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plexus in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screen which was more of an informal background conversation than a technical screening. Went in for in person interview the next week, but was not very impressed with the whole operation. One interviewer kept getting calls on his cell phone. Many of the interviewers were very nice and seemed reasonable regarding their mix of personality and technical review and critique. The guy who appeared to be the "lead engineer" was a little arrogant, and I believe he must suffer ADD given his jumpy nature from subject to subject. The interview questions from the director level and management did not match the job description I was given, which I was not expecting. Interview took all day with no breaks other than lunch, and was a bit tiring by the end of the day. I left knowing they weren't interested in me, and I was not interested in them, unfortunately I wasted a vacation day to interview.

Interview Questions

• generic drawing to convert 3D into three 2D views   Answer Question
  • calculate increased cost of fuel consumption assuming the govt passed a law requiring daytime running headlights.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plexus interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Plexus employees and interview candidates.