Plexus

Very Easy Interview

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Neenah, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plexus in February 2014.

Interview Details – took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Question – no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it if you want no life

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in May 2009.

Interview Details – The company was very fair and flexible regarding the interview times. They paid for the flight and all other expenses. The questions asked were straight forward and focused on my personality and experiences.

Interview Questions

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Neenah, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2009.

Interview Details – Company policy is to have you come in and do a Powerpoint presentation to management team on your background. Initial discussions were good and open, but on day of presentation I was not feeling well so likely did not look 100%. HR states that they give all candidates feedback on how things went, but this was not my experience. Only through the recruiter did I find out that they did not like that I looked "tired". I was just coming off surgery and not doing great that day. No one asked me if I was feeling OK, but I guess I could have explained but did not. Overall, they seem like an arrogant bunch.

Interview Question – They wanted information about my present employer (a competitor) more than anything.   View Answer

Focus Factory Manager Interview

Focus Factory Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a presentation and several small panel interviews with Sr. Management team.

Interview Question – How do you know when something may not ship as committed and how do you deal with it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, followed by counteroffer, negotiated start date and relocation.

Software/Hardware Engineer Interview

Software/Hardware Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Started the process by showing up to a campus recruiting session. Gave them my resume and I had a phone call within the week from their area recruiter. I then had an on campus interview for about 45 minutes and a week later a phone interview followed for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly non-technical but some did revolve around basic engineering topics. If you have a lower GPA, they will grill you on it. As long as you can defend your GPA you will be fine.

Interview Question – What is the biggest bug you have encountered? How did you find it? What did you do about it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – On campus interview: Asked behavioral and typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, group projects, how you work in a group, etc). Also asked a few technical coding questions. Asked about interest in software versus hardware. Asked about computer science classes that I had taken. Overall pretty typical. Lasted 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Asked what an ISR was and when it would be used.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Neenah, WI

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Plexus in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with HR
2. Basic engineering test
3. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
4. Onsite interview with managers, HR, and senior engineers

Interview Question – What are your goals in 5 years?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – was young and looking to move West to enjoy the Rocky Mountains.
The hiring engagement was pretty straight forward. The initial HR representative that I spoke to seemed a bit unpolished, but once you get through to a hiring manger it is much better. For electrical engineering positions you should expect a standard battery of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced – dust off you college text books. People were friendly and seemed to like their jobs. It took a long time for them to tell me one way or another if I got the job. I did not appreciate that.

Interview Question – A standard set of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced and an informal lunch for asking questions.   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – I got this job through Kelly Services. Their interview consisted of an unbelievable test, which consisted of math, spelling, drawing lines inside of lines, and comprehending what you've read.

Interview Question – What wage are you looking for? Why they ask this does not make any sense since the wage is already set. There is no negotiating on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. You either accept the job or notl

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Senior Embedded Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plexus.

Interview Details – Applied from India through linkedin for a Malaysia based position. Initially they ask you to fill up a skill set form wherein you list the competencies for the mentioned platforms/tools/programming languages etc. Based on the information they decide to proceed. Got a confirmation for technical skype call with functional manager in Malaysia. The call lasted for 1.5 hrs with majority of the questions based on embedded C. Not very difficult. Finally one design question on describing various modules of vending machine from embedded developer point of view. The call went fine. Finally manager asked about the salary expectation. I had done a little research on the salary part prior to the interview and based on the information available it seemed Malaysia did not offer much significant advantage in terms of compensation. I mentioned 5 times the monthly living cost which was probably too much to ask for.

HR did not bother to give any feedback proactively as well as not even after asking for it.

Interview Question – int x=20,y=35;

ptr+=2;
printf("%s\n",ptr);
*temp = *ptr++;
printf("%s\n",ptr);

What is the final value of port1?
unsigned short port1 = 0x1212FF22;

int const a;
const int *a;
int * const a;
int const * a const;

Please comment on the following interrupt service routine code:
__interrupt double compute_area(double radius)
    double area = PI * radius * radius;
    printf("\nArea = %f", area);
    return area;

#define SQR( a ) a*a
printf("Answer is %d\n",SQR(6+1));

Review his function and identify any issues or problems with this function

char* GetNewStringAsUppercase(char* string1)
    int i=0;
    char string2[20];
    while (i<20 && *(string1+i) != '\0')
        string2[i] = toupper (*(string1+i));
        ++i;
    string2[i] = '\0';
    return string2;
  Answer Question

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!