Plexus

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Plexus in February 2015.

I submitted my resume at a career fair held at my college, got an email for an on-campus interview a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and questions were pretty standard.

Equipment Support Coordinator Interview

I applied on-line for the job and within a week I got a call from HR and had a phone interview, which consisted of a few general questions not related to the job. I was then told I would be contacted for face to face interview within a few days. I was contacted and had the face to face interview the following week. I found out during this interview that the job I applied for was a new job category for the company. I interviewed with the hiring manager and there were no job related questions, just "what if" type of questions about working with people, etc. I was then interviewed by one of his reports, who had nothing to do with the job I applied for, but asked general questions about my work habits. Since I had worked at this company as a contractor 2 years earlier in a different capacity, I asked about the different people I worked with back then and if they were still employed there. I was surprised to be told that the person who had trained me at my job a few years earlier was also interviewing for this position! Yikes! I didn't know what to say at that point, but the interview was over. The HR person then told me I would be contacted if I were to be offered the job. I was called a couple of days later and was given an offer. I negotiated for a bit more and got it.

It was pretty simple. They offered me a certain amount, and I asked for another 0.50/hr and got it.

Design Engineer Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Plexus.

Process was quick and efficient. Possibly because I had a previous interview for another position with a hiring manager related to the department, so the initial interview used material and feedback from the previous interview.

For the sake of convenience and efficiency I'll merge the reviews of both interviews into one since it was for a very similar position.

First interview was very technical since it was an interview for a junior executive position. Continuously throughout the interview the hiring manager was probing my knowledge in the technical area to ascertain if I had knowledge in areas either dealing directly with the job or related to the job scope. There was a lot of interaction and enthusiasm which is a very inspiring aspect which I observed to be severely lacking in most interviews with other employers. There was some discussion and some teaching/learning of new things on a whiteboard - which was used as material for questions which followed. A week after the interview I was informed that unfortunately a more experienced candidate got the job, but they soon referred me to a very similar position(only with the title of graduate trainee and the option to learn from an array of other departments before being converted to permanent). This leads me to the second interview.

Second interview was not so technical, but more of a behaviourial analysis and aptitude analysis, determining which departments or areas I was more inclined towards, in addition to gauging my passion. The director of operations introduced me to the different functional managers and had us exchange knowledge, further affirming and categorizing areas in which I am interested in, or could improve on. After meeting the other managers, it further augmented my interest in the company as the motivation, enthusiasm, and knowledge I observed in the manager during the previous interview did not appear to be a one-off occurence.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions that were asked(may not be exact question, but rather as I understood or remember them):

Q: Explain or share knowledge of RTOS(Real-Time Operating System)
      A: I didn't know what they were, but was offered a brief explanation.

Q: Now that you know what RTOS is, given a printer, would you rather use a RTOS or a regular operating system such as, windows or linux in it.
      A: No correct answer, but rather the interviewer wished to see my train of thought.

Q: Have you heard of an Interrupt before?
      A: I didn't know but they shared with me what it was. Google it up, Interrupt handler.

Q: Given a function:
      int func(int *x)
      int t;
      t = *x * *x;
      return t;
      }
      A: I think ths is simple enough, it's a function which squares the value at the given memory location.

Q: And here's the relatively tough one. You are given a microprocessor and a square clock wave entering it. The clock wave has a maximum frequency of 250hz. Within a tolerance of 25%-75%, design a function within the microprocessor which interates at a certain interval, x, which will calculate the average frequency of the input clock wave.

A: At first I didn't get the answer but after some illustration, the picture became clearer. What you want to do is store the previous state recorded, and then check it with current state(whether it be 0 or 1) then execute a +1 to a counter if previous state = 0 and current state = 1. Answer I gave was something like this:

void loop()
      {
      static int prev, counter, freq, x;
      int curr;

if(prev==0 && curr = 1)
      counter++;
      x++;

freq = counter/(x)(t);
      }

x counts the number of times the function iterates regardless of whether it has detected a change in state. t on the other hand is the timing of the loop function, found by converting the 250hz into seconds(4ms) and then taking the value of 25% - 75% of that 4ms.

Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview was very straightforward. Met with test engineering manager and senior test engineer for on-site interview. Was asked very basic questions - nothing too technical. Was contacted a few days later with written offer letter from HR. Negotiated salary and signing bonus over the phone and agreed on a start date at the end of the month.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Plexus in July 2014.

Applied online for a production supervisor position. I was called and an appointment for a phone interview was made. Interviewer called and we talked for a bit and I was informed that the position had been filled internally. The interviewer was pleasant and professional, I was able to ask followup questions about the possibles of a position like this opening up again as well as talking about my experience and qualifications regarding filling a slot like this.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Plexus in July 2014.

Interestingly, had to prepare and deliver a PowerPoint presentation on why I should be hired. Wasn't given the presentation template until the night before and had to email it by 9:00am the next day. HR Recruiter thought it was a great presentation although the audience provided very little feedback. Audience was another HR person, 3 program managers and the operations manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you organize and prepare yourself for a busy day?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plexus in March 2012.

The Interview session is simple. However candidates need to know more about EMS industry, EMS environment, PCBA experience, EMS culture. Customer sudden upsize demand, last minute PO, many ECO activities, RMA is high return.

Interview Questions
    Basic pay need to higher as the internal increment and promotion is very very limited.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus in February 2014.

took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question
    take it if you want no life

Focus Factory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plexus.

Phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a presentation and several small panel interviews with Sr. Management team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know when something may not ship as committed and how do you deal with it?   View Answer
    Offer, followed by counteroffer, negotiated start date and relocation.

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plexus.

On campus interview: Asked behavioral and typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, group projects, how you work in a group, etc). Also asked a few technical coding questions. Asked about interest in software versus hardware. Asked about computer science classes that I had taken. Overall pretty typical. Lasted 30 - 45 minutes.