Plexus Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a production supervisor position. I was called and an appointment for a phone interview was made. Interviewer called and we talked for a bit and I was informed that the position had been filled internally. The interviewer was pleasant and professional, I was able to ask followup questions about the possibles of a position like this opening up again as well as talking about my experience and qualifications regarding filling a slot like this.

Focus Factory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a presentation and several small panel interviews with Sr. Management team.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when something may not ship as committed and how do you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, followed by counteroffer, negotiated start date and relocation.

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

On campus interview: Asked behavioral and typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, group projects, how you work in a group, etc). Also asked a few technical coding questions. Asked about interest in software versus hardware. Asked about computer science classes that I had taken. Overall pretty typical. Lasted 30 - 45 minutes.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it if you want no life

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

Started the process by showing up to a campus recruiting session. Gave them my resume and I had a phone call within the week from their area recruiter. I then had an on campus interview for about 45 minutes and a week later a phone interview followed for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly non-technical but some did revolve around basic engineering topics. If you have a lower GPA, they will grill you on it. As long as you can defend your GPA you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest bug you have encountered? How did you find it? What did you do about it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I got this job through Kelly Services. Their interview consisted of an unbelievable test, which consisted of math, spelling, drawing lines inside of lines, and comprehending what you've read.

Interview Questions

• What wage are you looking for? Why they ask this does not make any sense since the wage is already set. There is no negotiating on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You either accept the job or notl

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

was young and looking to move West to enjoy the Rocky Mountains. The hiring engagement was pretty straight forward. The initial HR representative that I spoke to seemed a bit unpolished, but once you get through to a hiring manger it is much better. For electrical engineering positions you should expect a standard battery of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced – dust off you college text books. People were friendly and seemed to like their jobs. It took a long time for them to tell me one way or another if I got the job. I did not appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• A standard set of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced and an informal lunch for asking questions.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plexus (Buffalo Grove, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and two on-site visits. HR intern handled most of the arrangements. Good impressions, site does a very good job of house-keeping, which provides a deceptively good impression. Staff is very well qualified; however, middle to upper management a slight smug.

Interview Questions

• Heavily regulated by the FDA and ISO, have familiarity with these as they relate to the medical sector. Obviously, level of familiarity should be commensurate to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open, however, I had a previous professional relationship w/ the hiring manager and so it was not antagonistic in the least.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you think I want to hear Had other skills questions   Answer Question

They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening. Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor. In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience. Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question