Plexus

2.8

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plexus.

Phone interview and two on-site visits. HR intern handled most of the arrangements. Good impressions, site does a very good job of house-keeping, which provides a deceptively good impression. Staff is very well qualified; however, middle to upper management a slight smug.

Interview Questions
    • Heavily regulated by the FDA and ISO, have familiarity with these as they relate to the medical sector. Obviously, level of familiarity should be commensurate to the position.   Answer Question
    Very open, however, I had a previous professional relationship w/ the hiring manager and so it was not antagonistic in the least.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Plexus.

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think I want to hear
      Had other skills questions

Answer Question

They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus in April 2011.

Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening.

Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor.

In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience.

Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plexus in December 2010.

The communication with the company was great and the interviewers were very pleasant. It was a pretty average interview for an engineering position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult problem that you were able to work through?   Answer Question

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus in October 2010.

The first interviewer was a new engineer coming to recruit for Plexus. The on-site interview first started with a benefits briefing followed by technical questions. The technical questions were presented by two engineers. The subject was about circuit analysis and practical components. After this I spoke two different managers. One was a project manager and the other was a staffing manager. I spoke to the project manager first and he asked about my college experience and projects that I have worked on. He also asked what I would do to design a headphone amplifier. The staffing manager would be given projects and then assign manpower to those specific projects. The project manager would be in charge of said projects. If you had a problem, then you could go and see the staffing manager. The staffing manager asked me where I felt that I could fit in. I faltered and said that I could see myself in any position. I should have stated a more assertive answer. Finally there was a group interview at lunch, which was a behavioral interview. I should have expressed myself more freely and more confidently. I learned a lot from this process and will become better at this process.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plexus in June 2010.

Went through a phone screen which was more of an informal background conversation than a technical screening. Went in for in person interview the next week, but was not very impressed with the whole operation. One interviewer kept getting calls on his cell phone. Many of the interviewers were very nice and seemed reasonable regarding their mix of personality and technical review and critique. The guy who appeared to be the "lead engineer" was a little arrogant, and I believe he must suffer ADD given his jumpy nature from subject to subject. The interview questions from the director level and management did not match the job description I was given, which I was not expecting. Interview took all day with no breaks other than lunch, and was a bit tiring by the end of the day. I left knowing they weren't interested in me, and I was not interested in them, unfortunately I wasted a vacation day to interview.

Interview Questions
    • generic drawing to convert 3D into three 2D views   Answer Question
    • calculate increased cost of fuel consumption assuming the govt passed a law requiring daytime running headlights.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plexus in April 2010.

HR asked if I was interested and said I was qualified. Spoke to Recruiter, answered pre-screening questions. Took skills assessment test and the results were scored. After test, moved on to 1:1 Interview with Mgr, who asked why I was interested in the company, my background, what I like about Plexus and then some technical questions. HR was friendly and remembered me from previous internship. I felt comfortable speaking with anyone and the work culture is focused on employees and their satisfaction as well as making sure they reach their personal and career goals. Still awaiting feedback....

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you applied you leadership skills during a conflict?   Answer Question
    • How would you measure the input current of a power supply that has a supply voltage of 120V and outputs 5V @ 5A with a 1 Ohn load resistor? Also, how would you measure the ripple effect of the output voltage   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Plexus in January 2010.

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Basic engineering test
    3. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    4. Onsite interview with managers, HR, and senior engineers

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Plexus in July 2009.

I interviewed with 2 separate people. Very cordial. I had a start on this job, since I was a temp-to-hire candidate. I was in this status from March to July.

Interview Questions
    • How would you correct a problem in the MRP.   View Answer
    I was mainly able to get the salary that I thought was competitive tor this job.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plexus in January 2009.

Company policy is to have you come in and do a Powerpoint presentation to management team on your background. Initial discussions were good and open, but on day of presentation I was not feeling well so likely did not look 100%. HR states that they give all candidates feedback on how things went, but this was not my experience. Only through the recruiter did I find out that they did not like that I looked "tired". I was just coming off surgery and not doing great that day. No one asked me if I was feeling OK, but I guess I could have explained but did not. Overall, they seem like an arrogant bunch.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted information about my present employer (a competitor) more than anything.   View Answer