Plexus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.8

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

took a drug test through Kelly services. wasn't hard at all they will take you. you talk to someone. answer a few questions then take a drug test. easy nothing else to say about this process that's how easy it was

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. they are desperate for people. they will hire you as long as you pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it if you want no life

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

Started the process by showing up to a campus recruiting session. Gave them my resume and I had a phone call within the week from their area recruiter. I then had an on campus interview for about 45 minutes and a week later a phone interview followed for about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly non-technical but some did revolve around basic engineering topics. If you have a lower GPA, they will grill you on it. As long as you can defend your GPA you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest bug you have encountered? How did you find it? What did you do about it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I got this job through Kelly Services. Their interview consisted of an unbelievable test, which consisted of math, spelling, drawing lines inside of lines, and comprehending what you've read.

Interview Questions

• What wage are you looking for? Why they ask this does not make any sense since the wage is already set. There is no negotiating on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You either accept the job or notl

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plexus.

Interview

was young and looking to move West to enjoy the Rocky Mountains.
    The hiring engagement was pretty straight forward. The initial HR representative that I spoke to seemed a bit unpolished, but once you get through to a hiring manger it is much better. For electrical engineering positions you should expect a standard battery of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced – dust off you college text books. People were friendly and seemed to like their jobs. It took a long time for them to tell me one way or another if I got the job. I did not appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• A standard set of technical questions starting from basic to more advanced and an informal lunch for asking questions.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plexus (Buffalo Grove, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and two on-site visits. HR intern handled most of the arrangements. Good impressions, site does a very good job of house-keeping, which provides a deceptively good impression. Staff is very well qualified; however, middle to upper management a slight smug.

Interview Questions

• Heavily regulated by the FDA and ISO, have familiarity with these as they relate to the medical sector. Obviously, level of familiarity should be commensurate to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open, however, I had a previous professional relationship w/ the hiring manager and so it was not antagonistic in the least.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you think I want to hear
      Had other skills questions

Answer Question

They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was brief and to the point. Prior experience, company values - overall just a screening.

Tour of the company followed at my next visit. The premises are impressive on the manufacturing floor.

In person interview was quite difficult. Round-Robin style group interview took place after I took 15 minutes to present myself and my prior experiences. The group interview was difficult mainly because each interviewer had a specific set of questions to ask, and each question could compound off the previous answer you gave. Be careful with what examples that you use from your previous experience.

Technical questions were present but minimal for an engineering position. Total time elapsed for the interview was 1 hour 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• You are given a box with 4 holes. The holes are not in proper alignment within the assembly. What do you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

The communication with the company was great and the interviewers were very pleasant. It was a pretty average interview for an engineering position.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult problem that you were able to work through?   Answer Question

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

The first interviewer was a new engineer coming to recruit for Plexus. The on-site interview first started with a benefits briefing followed by technical questions. The technical questions were presented by two engineers. The subject was about circuit analysis and practical components. After this I spoke two different managers. One was a project manager and the other was a staffing manager. I spoke to the project manager first and he asked about my college experience and projects that I have worked on. He also asked what I would do to design a headphone amplifier. The staffing manager would be given projects and then assign manpower to those specific projects. The project manager would be in charge of said projects. If you had a problem, then you could go and see the staffing manager. The staffing manager asked me where I felt that I could fit in. I faltered and said that I could see myself in any position. I should have stated a more assertive answer. Finally there was a group interview at lunch, which was a behavioral interview. I should have expressed myself more freely and more confidently. I learned a lot from this process and will become better at this process.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Went through a phone screen which was more of an informal background conversation than a technical screening. Went in for in person interview the next week, but was not very impressed with the whole operation. One interviewer kept getting calls on his cell phone. Many of the interviewers were very nice and seemed reasonable regarding their mix of personality and technical review and critique. The guy who appeared to be the "lead engineer" was a little arrogant, and I believe he must suffer ADD given his jumpy nature from subject to subject. The interview questions from the director level and management did not match the job description I was given, which I was not expecting. Interview took all day with no breaks other than lunch, and was a bit tiring by the end of the day. I left knowing they weren't interested in me, and I was not interested in them, unfortunately I wasted a vacation day to interview.

Interview Questions

• generic drawing to convert 3D into three 2D views   Answer Question
    • calculate increased cost of fuel consumption assuming the govt passed a law requiring daytime running headlights.   1 Answer