Plexus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Engineer II
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plexus in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screen which was more of an informal background conversation than a technical screening. Went in for in person interview the next week, but was not very impressed with the whole operation. One interviewer kept getting calls on his cell phone. Many of the interviewers were very nice and seemed reasonable regarding their mix of personality and technical review and critique. The guy who appeared to be the "lead engineer" was a little arrogant, and I believe he must suffer ADD given his jumpy nature from subject to subject. The interview questions from the director level and management did not match the job description I was given, which I was not expecting. Interview took all day with no breaks other than lunch, and was a bit tiring by the end of the day. I left knowing they weren't interested in me, and I was not interested in them, unfortunately I wasted a vacation day to interview.

Interview Questions

• generic drawing to convert 3D into three 2D views   Answer Question
  • calculate increased cost of fuel consumption assuming the govt passed a law requiring daytime running headlights.   View Answer

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!