Plum District

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Plum District in August 2011.

I was called by the Manager of my territory and we set up a meeting about a week after. Since there is no corporate office for Plum District in the New York Area, we met at the lounge of a nice downtown hotel. She met all of the candidates seeking employment that day in the same place.

She was a very nice woman who explained that everyone who expressed interest was given a shot at working for Plum District. We really had a very informal conversation and she offered me a contract.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Very simple contract. If someone is looking for a hobby, or to dip his/her feet into sales, this is a great, low-pressure to work. Plum District does not have the number of subscribers at the big dogs at Groupon and Living Social, but they do have a wonderful work atmosphere that allows mothers a great work/life balance.

Other Interview Reviews for Plum District

District Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plum District in July 2011.

Phone interview with hiring manager. Very laid back. It's a sales position for straight commission so the interview wasn't too demanding. The hiring manager was intelligent and gave a good description of the position and what was involved.

District Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Plum District in July 2011.

Interviewed for a District Consultant position. They like to hire stay-at-home moms with strong connections in their communities to sell daily deals to local merchants. They asked about my sales style and how much time could I devote to cold calling and follow up. The sales manager said the company is only about a year old and has a lot of buzz for moms who want to work from home.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have experience in cold calling and local merchant sales?   View Answer

Job was 100% commission sales.