Plum District Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Plum District

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Plum District (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was called by the Manager of my territory and we set up a meeting about a week after. Since there is no corporate office for Plum District in the New York Area, we met at the lounge of a nice downtown hotel. She met all of the candidates seeking employment that day in the same place. She was a very nice woman who explained that everyone who expressed interest was given a shot at working for Plum District. We really had a very informal conversation and she offered me a contract.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about our position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very simple contract. If someone is looking for a hobby, or to dip his/her feet into sales, this is a great, low-pressure to work. Plum District does not have the number of subscribers at the big dogs at Groupon and Living Social, but they do have a wonderful work atmosphere that allows mothers a great work/life balance.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plum District (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Regional Manager contacted me via telephone. Interview consisted of one phone call with job offer. Started 2 weeks from offer date.

Interview Questions

• N/A It was mostly conversational -- consumer purchasing trends etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unpaid -- not negational.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Plum District.

Interview

Initially it was good ...very normal. I then had 5 round of interviews. Honestly, the interviewing process took longer then the amount of time I was employed by them.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Plum District.

Interview

1 phone interview and then 3 Skype interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you convinced a large group of people to do something   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation ... salary is the same across the board for positions

District Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plum District in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Very laid back. It's a sales position for straight commission so the interview wasn't too demanding. The hiring manager was intelligent and gave a good description of the position and what was involved.

District Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plum District in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a District Consultant position. They like to hire stay-at-home moms with strong connections in their communities to sell daily deals to local merchants. They asked about my sales style and how much time could I devote to cold calling and follow up. The sales manager said the company is only about a year old and has a lot of buzz for moms who want to work from home.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience in cold calling and local merchant sales?   1 Answer

Job was 100% commission sales.

Retional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plum District in July 2011.

Interview

I was lied to about the training process, the salary potential, the financial health of the company, the environment, and the potential for growth.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, rather lame process, should have been a red flag.   Answer Question