Plum Market Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

1.9

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process overall was very laid back, management was very straight forward and didn't do the cliche interview questions we've all heard. It was just a friendly conversation that was pretty open to ask any questions you want.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for our team at plum market.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

I received an e-mail from the team leader about 4 days after applying online. We comunícated over email to set un an interview time/date. When I arrived there seemed to be some confusion but once the interview started it went fine. After the team leader asked a few basic questions, I had a short interview with the department leader. After that I talked to the team leader again and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. Why should we hire you, what do you expect from the supervisors, background information, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Plum Market.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already had a job there and I filled out the application online.
    Took an initial phone interview which was mostly just "getting to know you" questions (past work experience, how do you know the friend who referred you, etc) then I was asked to come in for the more formal interview.
    Everything was pretty standard.
    "Tell me about a time where you had to make an important work decision."
    "Who was your best boss and why?"
    "Have you ever had to deal with a coworker you didn't get along with."

Interview Questions

• "Are you comfortable working for a company owner who can be irrational and extremely rude sometimes?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you ask for what you're worth, and don't start the job until you get it.

Deli & Cheese Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

There were 3 interviews because I was applying for a management position although there seems always at least 2 interviews for any future employee. They did not let me know that they had filled position already by 3rd interview. Instead I wad told and then offered a foot in the door position.

Produce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Oniine questionare/personality test, initial meeting with hr rep, 2nd meeting with department management, lots of paper work to fill out. No formal training, ill treatment from management, couching after 2 weeks, poor treatment by store owners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start their workers as low as possible

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plum Market (West Bloomfield, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

In the interview process the assistant manager was very outgoing and talkative the team leader was dry and hard to read almost as if I bored him. Beautiful store. They hold interviews on a daily.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one. I am a good interviewer and worker. I am sincere about what I say to be true.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Plum Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Except I was asked 2 questions I know are illegal:
    Do you plan on having kids? - so ilegal
    What kind of car do you drive? - you can only ask if they have reliable transportation.

I interviewed first with an HR manager type, although that was not his title. On the second interview I met the owner. He was the one who asked the illegal questions. I noticed this right away as I used to hire people myself.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a difficult and irrational boss?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I balked at the salary offered and was promised a 6 month performance review with a possible increase in salary. Never got the review.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Plum Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Not very difficult.

Negotiation

A coworker who started after me with a similar background and the same job title was started off at a rate that was 30% higher than what I was making. I would ask $12-$14 for entry level and negotiate.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plum Market.

Interview

I was looking to apply at a stock person for "Plum Market". They offered me 9 dollars an hour which for the work they wanted to do was a total joke. They could never guarantee my hours either. Don't waste your breath here NOT WORTH IT unless you want to work for peanuts. Their stuff is WAY overpriced as well.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my family life, as if that was any of their business.   Answer Question