Plum Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
West Bloomfield, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Plum Market in April 2012.

Interview Details – In the interview process the assistant manager was very outgoing and talkative the team leader was dry and hard to read almost as if I bored him. Beautiful store. They hold interviews on a daily.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. I am a good interviewer and worker. I am sincere about what I say to be true.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Plum Market.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who already had a job there and I filled out the application online.
Took an initial phone interview which was mostly just "getting to know you" questions (past work experience, how do you know the friend who referred you, etc) then I was asked to come in for the more formal interview.
Everything was pretty standard.
"Tell me about a time where you had to make an important work decision."
"Who was your best boss and why?"
"Have you ever had to deal with a coworker you didn't get along with."

Interview Question – "Are you comfortable working for a company owner who can be irrational and extremely rude sometimes?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask for what you're worth, and don't start the job until you get it.

Produce Specialist Interview

Produce Specialist
West Bloomfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plum Market in May 2012.

Interview Details – Oniine questionare/personality test, initial meeting with hr rep, 2nd meeting with department management, lots of paper work to fill out. No formal training, ill treatment from management, couching after 2 weeks, poor treatment by store owners.

Interview Question – Do you have a car?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start their workers as low as possible

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Plum Market in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty standard. Except I was asked 2 questions I know are illegal:
Do you plan on having kids? - so ilegal
What kind of car do you drive? - you can only ask if they have reliable transportation.

I interviewed first with an HR manager type, although that was not his title. On the second interview I met the owner. He was the one who asked the illegal questions. I noticed this right away as I used to hire people myself.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked for a difficult and irrational boss?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I balked at the salary offered and was promised a 6 month performance review with a possible increase in salary. Never got the review.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Plum Market in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not very difficult.

Negotiation Details – A coworker who started after me with a similar background and the same job title was started off at a rate that was 30% higher than what I was making. I would ask $12-$14 for entry level and negotiate.

Stock Interview

Stock

I applied online and interviewed at Plum Market.

Interview Details – I was looking to apply at a stock person for "Plum Market". They offered me 9 dollars an hour which for the work they wanted to do was a total joke. They could never guarantee my hours either. Don't waste your breath here NOT WORTH IT unless you want to work for peanuts. Their stuff is WAY overpriced as well.

Interview Question – They wanted to know about my family life, as if that was any of their business.   Answer Question

Worked for Plum Market? Contribute to the Community!