Plymouth Rock Assurance

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Interview Details – Met with five people over two days

Interview Question – Not many difficult questions. Know the requirements of the position and be a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic, not much room for negotiation, but still try.

Product Analyst II - Operational Focus Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great HR department, courteous and professional every step of the way. Recruiter was Patrick and he was friendly, and honest about the role, responsibilities etc. Interview was over the course of one day, four one hour interviews and comprised of the majority of people I interact with on a daily basis, so I really feel like the people I met with got to judge whether or not I would be a good fit, just as much as I was judging whether or not I wanted to work there.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Red Bank, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on ASNY career day in my university. Then invited for an onsite interview in the same month. On the interview day, I interviewed with 2 actuaries from different teams. Both interviewers were very nice. They asked standard behavior questions, and spent more than half of the time just chatting with me, which made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I received an offer one week later.

Interview Question – All very standard behavior questions, and questions about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The whole application process was very smooth and quick, and I really like all people I met from Plymouth.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview Details – Process was very long. Interviewed with two different HR professionals.

Interview Question – ALOT of questions (all behavioral)   View Answer

Claims Representative PD Interview

Claims Representative PD

Interview Details – phone screen and 3 person interview

Interview Question – customer service questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance.

Interview Details – Simple and fast. I went to the career day and interviewed with three employees in different divisions. And got offer one week later.

Interview Question – All expected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Claims Service Technician Interview

Interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance

Interview Details – One of the most bizarre interviews I have ever had. The woman who oversees the department as well as her right-hand-woman interviewed me in a conference room. They basically went back and forth giving reasons they hated the job. They complained about the customers, the executive who oversees the entire location, et cetra. Then the woman in charge gave me a lecture that lasted about a half hour on the importance of punctuality. She emphasized that I would be answering a lot of calls, and if I were even a minute late then I would miss 2 calls, so I would be written up for it. This isn't because I was late for the interview; she simply expects employees to be the paragon of punctuality.
The right-hand-woman would occasionally interject with more stories about horrible customers, and then the woman in charge led into another lecture about how Facebook on the company computers would not be tolerated. Since I don't even have a Facebook, this is where I started to lose interest in the position. I finally completely lost interest when they asked what I have been doing while unemployed for the past few months, and while I dove into listing my endeavors they stopped me halfway to say that they only wanted to know because they wanted to fill the vacancy immediately, and wanted to make sure I didn't have any obligations. Clearly they don't care about individuals; they're simply about filling a desk.

I had heard that this place is constantly hiring new people and now I see why.

Interview Question – There were no real questions, just lectures about how all that mattered was volume of calls received. They told me they wanted someone who wanted a career in customer service and were ready to give it to me without even knowing who I was.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If this is the manager's first impression at an interview, I can't imagine the horror of working with her daily.

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance in June 2009.

Interview Details – They were looking to find someone who knew both VB and could convert that code to Java. And since I knew both very well, I thought I was a shoe-in for this job. This was right outside of South Station in Boston, so the commute would have been a breeze for me.
However, it seems the indian gentleman who was interviewing me wanted me to work 60 hours a week, with a salary. I'm sorry, but no ... if you salary me, I work 40 hours a week, and I have a life ... sorry he didn't.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance in February 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume in ASNY career fair at Columbia University. Within a month I got invitation from email for the onsite interview. They usually give decisions (maybe only true for an offer) within a week. But I never hear back from them after the onsite interview.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the rate indication?
What do you know about GLM?
  Answer Question

Developer Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Plymouth Rock Assurance in June 2009.

Interview Details – Was phone Interviewed by 5 people where there are both FTEs and contractors. Joined as contract to hire and then proved the necessity of senior developer in the team. Work culture is excellent and flexible timing and work from home options available.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Plymouth Rock Assurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plymouth Rock Assurance interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Plymouth Rock Assurance employees and interview candidates.