Pocket Gems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Before talking to anyone, I was asked to spend "2-8 hours over the course of 3 days" on a homework assignment. I was informed that afterward I'd be subject to a phone screen and then an on-site. This was disappointing - asking for that much time from a candidate before an initial chat/describing the role struck me as a little arrogant, and I declined to pursue the position further.

Interview Questions

• Can you spend a few hours (2-8 hours) over the course of 3 days on an analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Took one week through Lytmus to get a response from Pocket Gems for an interview. After receiving the notification for the interview a time was set for the following week. When the interview began, only one general question was asked then we moved immediately to the technical questions. The interview was talked over the phone but the technical questions were done through an online text editor for coding. The communication over the phone was not that great and it was hard to hear at times.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer ask a question about strstr and ask me about previous job. The interviewer does not pay much attention to the speaker. For this position, they want a debugger. They talk about other things during interview process which is not related to interview. I think if the interviewer does not interested with interviewee job experience. He/She should inform interviewee about this and let interviewee know what they should talk about especially when the interviewee has multi-project in past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This process took 1 week. I have the first interview with an engineer here. I received an question about algorithm, but I misunderstood that question if it was a coding question or algorithm question. I solved that question by coding, but I didn't have enough time. At the end I answer the question with the way to solve it and I realized that was what he wanted :).

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview is smooth and straightforward. Two rounds of phone interviews and 4 rounds of onsite. Mostly coding and OOD design. The questions vary from person to person, I got an past onsite interview question in my phone interview (but only one question was asked). People are nice, no surprisingly difficult questions or communication. Suggest prepare for more questions than the company typically asks.

Application

Interview

Applied online, contacted by hr one or two days later. Two round phone interview. Each one lasted for about an hour. No behavior question, some algorithm question ask you to analyze the time and space cost. I feel I answer all the questions on each round. However, rejected after the second one.

Interview Questions

• Show me some codes and ask me what the meaning of this code, then make change on the codes. The interviewer seems uninterested the whole process and even no respond for about 10 minutes during the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. The first phone was a technical interview. The interviewer was helpful. But the phone reception was poor, I had bad time confirming information back and forth.

Application

Interview

Get initial phone within a week after applied. Have two coding interview. I solve all the problems but fail. I got second coding interview just after first coding interview. Interviewer won't talk much to help you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in July 2015.

Interview

I got this interview by Hackerrank contest. Interview is not difficult, but still failed. I finished all the problems during phone interview, but didn't pass the 2nd round. This company give many people interview, but only hire few.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: First round: Ternary expression to Binary Tree Second Round: Sort Color, Next node in BST   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get first phone interview in a week, then get second round immediately after first one. I solved all the problem during second round, but fail. I really don't understand why.