Pocket Gems

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

Just pass the first round interview and waiting for the second.
Two techinical questions:
1. implement Strstr()
2. K most occurence integer in an array, and some improvement of the algorithm I wrote
Spend more of the time discussing the time complexcity

Interview Questions
  • The algorithms are not too difficult, but I was asked about the time complexity and some implementation details. Be aware of Big-O notation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2015.

Apply here if you want to be treated like a robot instead of a human being,

The phone interview when right into the coding challenge with no attempt to talk about my experience, my skill set, my resume, or who I am as an individual. Furthermore, the interviewee’s english was so broken that I had to continually ask him to repeat himself after every sentence.

Overall, I am disappointed. The interview was my first real glimpse of the company, and nothing positive come from it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

First round,two coding questions.
    Very easy ones, the first is strstr(). Yeah, they love strstr(). And the second is find most popular numbers in an array. The interviewer is very friendly. There was bug in my code, but still get second round.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2014.

I applied online. They responded in just one or two days. The recruiting team was nice and helpful. Two technical phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The team is open minded and passionate about their products. People (especially those who do not have prior experience in this field) who are interested in game industry should definitely consider them.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. The questions were not super hard. Make sure you think aloud. They gave good hints and led you through the problems.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. What they offered already exceeded my expectation. I mentioned my expected salary during a talk with hr people, but they still presented me with a much better offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pocket Gems in September 2013.

The phone interview process was actually pretty straightforward, a little pre-interview banter before diving right into the technical problems. A shared document was used along with the phone conversation to administer the problems. The interview went on for about 1 hour 15 minutes before it concluded with the interviewer asking me if I had any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • Given an infinite number of bricks of given weights w (say w = [1, 2]) and a truck of capacity c (say, c = 3), how would you find all possible combinations of bricks that match the capacity exactly? Duplicates such as [1,2] and [2,1] are NOT allowed.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

I was asked by pretty much the similar questions as my friends. The question is all revealed on this site. reverse string and LCA The question is not difficult except that they do ask one brain teaser question, which is I don't like.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

Giving the resume during job fair in school, and got the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1. reversing the string(c++)
      1. Least Common Ancestor(LCA), aka First Common Ancestor

View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2013.

Met at career fair, first interview was a technical phone interview + stypi for sharing code in realtime.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Write a method to reverse a string in place (constant space and linear time).   View Answers (2)
    • 2. Given 2 simple nodes in a binary tree, write a method to return their youngest common ancestor (linear time). Simple node = data, left child, right child.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pocket Gems in January 2013.

Quick phone screen, and then second phone interview and then an onsite.

Pay is not that good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pocket Gems in October 2012.

I was introduced to Pocket Gems by a recruiter who found me through Linked In. The Pocket Gems recruiter interviewed me, then set me up for a technical interview. He referred me to Glassdoor.com to prepare. When the interviewer called, he sent a link to a document that he could see on his computer, as I typed. He asked 3 questions, including one brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Write a function to reverse a string   View Answer
    • 2) You have 10 jars containing 100 marbles each. One jar has marbles weighing 1.1 grams. The other jars have marbles weighing 1.0 grams. The marbles all look alike. What is the minimum number of weighs on a scale to find out which jar has the heavy marbles.   View Answers (3)
    • 3) Write a function to find the Least Common Ancestor of a tree: function LCA(int a, int b)   Answer Question