Pocket Gems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on their website. And they contacted me very quick to schedule a technical interview. It is the first round phone screen interview. They sent me a online document and I write the answer on it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pocket Gems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, first step.
    the interviewer introduce himself first, and let me introduce myself in briefly.
    two coding problem. one is implement strStr() method. the second one is find the k most repeated number.

Interview Questions

• one is implement strStr() method.
       the second one is find the k most repeated number.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply in the school Job fair. Contact me after about one month. Arrange 1st phone interview in 1 week. Not very fast. I passed the 1st phone interview. The HR hope to arrange the 2nd phone interview, I try to argue to bypass the 2nd one.

Interview Questions

• 1st Phone Interview:
      First introduce myself.
      Two questions:
      1. The starts();
      Asked me the complexity of the Algorithm. And also he ask me what is the worst case:

We can answer:
      Find “aaaac” from “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac"

2. Find the Top K frequency number in a array.
      For example:
      [1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4], k = 3
      return: [4, 2, 1] or [4, 1, 3] or [4, 2, 3]

[1, 1,1, 2, 2, 3, 4] , k = 2
      return : [1, 2]

Then ask him questions.

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Applied online. Was given a coding callenge to complete. Then was asked to set up a phone interview. The interviewer first asked about my experience from the resume. Not a lot of questions on that but was just listening to me. Then directly jumped to the coding questions. A doc was shared.

Interview Questions

• Find if one string is a substring of the other. The are expecting KMP.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Two phones and one on-site for this position. In phone, they just ask general algorithm problems, and some followups. You need talk about your ideas and then start coding. In on-site, first is general algorithm questions such as the word break and color match. Then they asked about game design. this part is hard for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some game design problems, such as the reward system. It seems the games were what they were working on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter over mail who quickly set up a phone interview for me. The interviewer asked several coding and data structures questions and asked about runtime analyses. I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• 1) Write code to remove redundant spaces from a string in C
      2) Find a palindrome in singly linked list

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2015.

Interview

email from the recruiter to setup the technical interview. Overall experience was good. I had problem understanding the engineer over the phone due to accent. But I didn't mind that. We had the online shared doc where we exchanged our conversation in writing if we didn't understand each others accent.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems in March 2015.

Interview

It is a phone interview that lasts for about 35 minutes. The engineer seems nice, I have a little bug at first and he give me the clues to find it out and debug. I will conduct the follow-up phone interview in the next week. Hope everything goes well. It usually costs three days to receive the result, kind of fast, so that we don't have to wait for a long tough time.

Interview Questions

• Two simple coding problems, the one is strstr() and the other is the kth most frequently occurred word in an array. And ask the complexity of the algorithm I designed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pocket Gems in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in Pocket Gems via linkedin. I sent the resume and they replied to ask me schedule a phone interview. I sent the dates and time for interview. I did not hear anything back until two weeks after. At the scheduled date and time, they did not call me. Later I sent an email to ask them why. After 3 days, one person replied saying there is a change in their hiring plan and they will contact me in the following week.

However, they never contact me ever again and stop responding to me

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Just pass the first round interview and waiting for the second.
    Two techinical questions:
    1. implement Strstr()
    2. K most occurence integer in an array, and some improvement of the algorithm I wrote
    Spend more of the time discussing the time complexcity

Interview Questions

• The algorithms are not too difficult, but I was asked about the time complexity and some implementation details. Be aware of Big-O notation   Answer Question