Pocket Kings Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

3.4

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pocket Kings in January 2009.

All recruitment is through agencies and referral. First contact is a phone interview with potential boss. If you get to face to face stage usually you will be interviewed by 4/5 people of peers and management followed by HR chat. I was asked personality test questions but this is not typical. You will be asked questions about poker. The culture of the company is as you would expect of an online poker company. Full of testosterone cut throat environment, if you are not good at your job you will be fired very quickly, if you are good you will get the best wages and bonus of any company in Ireland. If you are well able to handle yourself in a macho environment then you will be fine. Great perks such as free food and gym.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on an airplane would you recline your seat? Why?   View Answer
    Quick and painless

Marketing Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pocket Kings in December 2010.

After an initial phone interview, i attended their headquarters in South Dublin for 5 consecutive interviews, these were conducted by other members of the team i'd be working on. The first interviews were relaxed and friendly. The latter interviews were with more senior people who would make the key decisions. I thought this process was designed to wear the interview enthusiasn/BS out of you.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a better working on your own initiative or as part of a team?   View Answer

Director of Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pocket Kings in September 2009.

Organization was very poor. They took three weeks to arrange a phone interview, and a further three weeks to tell me they were not going to 1:1 interview.

Interviewer was late to the interview. He asked high level technical questions - How would you manage a technical team, what disadvantages do you see with using custom PHP libraries etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros and cons to having a web based interface versus downloadable program   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pocket Kings in April 2007.

i had a good experience with the intervew. the interviewers were pleasant and knowledable. they really sold the company to me and made me feel that i would be part of a team and could contribute something to the company. they answered all the questions i had and were able to find out anything they didn't know.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pocket Kings in March 2009.

Very good impression. Professional and interesting questions. Nice people. After interview I knew that's the place I want to work in. Four people were interviewing.

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pocket Kings in April 2011.

The interview took about 5 hours, with 5 different people.
    At the beginning there was a small presentation of the company and then we got the the actual talk.
    Everybody asked his own questions, starting from very technical details to career history, etc.
    Overall everybody was very nice, highly skilled and knowledgeable. Very good behaviour, very nice feedback. All the people I saw had a copy of my CV in front of them and were constantly taking notes on it.
    All underlined that the company has high demands from its employees, but the rewards are high.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what's the difference between one function and another.   View Answer
    During the interview I was asked what's my target salary range. Because I was offered lower than I've asked, I was able to negotiate through the recruitment agency to get the minimum I've required.
    I'd tell anyone that gets an offer from them to ask for what they really think you're worth, because PK can afford it, and if they think you're worth it - then you'll get you number.

Networking Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pocket Kings in June 2009.

The interview took place over the telephone which is never my preferred method as you can miss a certain feeling without seeing the persons body language.

The interview was extremely limiting in terms of painting a reason of why I would wish to join the company. Also, there were very few questions directed at me and my reasons for wishing to join the company. One of the weirdest interviews I've ever had.

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pocket Kings in February 2010.

Very chaotic and unprofessional.
    No prior information given about the interview.
    Consisted of seven back to back interviews, lasting 6 hours, with 9 different people, all asking you the same things over and over.
    Interview expenses were not paid despite agreement to and submission of receipts (twice).
    I could not wait to get out of there.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pocket Kings? Contribute to the Community!