PointRoll Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at PointRoll in May 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for a phone interview. The phone interview was short with a few basic interview questions. A couple days later I went for an in-person interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I was then given a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • typical behavioral interview questions. ex. Describe a time when you made a mistake...   Answer Question

Associate Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PointRoll.

I went through 3 rounds of interviews (5 interviews total). The first interview was a 30 minute phone call from an HR rep and had very standard questions about my background. The second round was 3 back-to-back interviews in the LA office. All 3 of the people I interviewed with were extremely professional and I had an extremely positive experience. The day ended with a short multiple choice math quiz (very basic). The last round was a 1 hour phone interview with an in-depth market sizing case study.

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PointRoll in May 2013.

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview. 1 month later I was contacted to come in for an in person interview. This interview consisted of meeting with 5 different people - each of them came in and asked me similar questions, it was clear that they did not converse with each other about the previous interview.
    Each person I met with was very honest that they did not have a work life balance - they were expected to be on call for their clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I didn't mind them telling me this because I now knew what I would be getting myself into if I was offered a position there.
    I was contacted later that week to come in for another interview the following week to meet with two additional people - same questions as first 5 interviews and also more honesty about how personal life will be no longer - work is everything.
    Each person I met with expressed their happiness with the company, and how much they didn't mind working all the time.
    I was also "jokingly" told by one of the interviewers that I "wouldn't fit in" because I didn't go out and drink a lot. I don't even know how we got to that statement - but it felt weird and alien and unprofessional that that was the reaction of a person who was sent in to interview me.
    After all the in person meetings, I left the office feeling confident that I had done well in my interviews (besides that one random comment) since I was told repeatedly how great most of my qualities and experiences were.
    2 weeks after my last interview and thank you note that was sent to my interviews, I was sent a generic form letter style email letting me know that I had been one of the final candidates but would not be considered moving forward - they were going to explore other candidates instead.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Each question that was asked sounded like it came from an interview handbook. Each of my interviewers asked the same questions as the interviewer before them.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PointRoll in April 2012.

This was pitiful. Several interviews and all sorts of comments like, "Oh, you're great!" and "We'd be luck to have you!" and then.......no returned calls, emails, nothing. They just ignored me out of the blue. No returned calls. No response on email. Very unprofessional and very poor way to treat people in this market.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PointRoll in December 2011.

Their interview process is all about you and how your experience and background would help PointRoll. So I don't think any of the questions I was asked would be the same for other interviews. All of the people who interviewed me were kind and helped to give a great overview of how the company works.

Interview Questions
    • How have you solved a problem in your current position   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PointRoll in May 2010.

The process began with a short phone interview which consisted basically of technical, quiz-style questions to test the veracity of my resume. After this I went in for a formal interview and met with five people in four shifts. The first two were 1:1 meetings, followed by a meeting with 2 developers, concluding with a meeting also involving those two developers plus a third who arrived late. Each of the four instances involved a battery of (repetitive) technical questions. I don't believe they planned it to be this way, they simply were not properly organized.

The people I met with were friendly and projected a welcoming tone. I did enjoy my time speaking with all of them, minus answering the same questions in triplicate. The office environment appears to be extremely casual and laid-back. My ultimate impression is that this would be an enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Given a linked list of a handful of nodes, how would you created a list with identical nodes in reverse order?   View Answer
    • Describe anonymous methods.   View Answer