Pokemon USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pokemon USA

ECommerce Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took about 4+ weeks. I had two phone interviews with HR and a Skype interview with the hiring manager, a development manager and an unknown person (he never introduced himself). They were all busy with their laptops and it was clear that they were not looking at my resume or work. They rarely looked up and seemed very uninterested in the interview.

Most of their questions were not related to the job at all. It really seemed like they don't know how to interview a potential candidate for this position. Also, they were unfriendly and had poor interviewing skills. The development manager had a thick accent and when I politely asked her to repeat one of her questions she got irritated with me and shut down. As a non-native speaker I understand that sometimes you just don't want to repeat yourself but it was a job interview via Skype so no excuses here.

I can only say good things about Pokemon's HR staff. They were very professional and engaged in the hiring process from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked a few easy job related questions such as what would you change on our current site.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pokemon USA in March 2009.

After being approuched by a headhunter I was granted an in-person interview with members of Pokemon's HR and management team. I was introduced to a few people, and really enjoyed talking with them. I thought that my skills, experiance, and personallity would be a great fit. The office was very nice and the people seemed to have a real passion from the product. I would have loved the opportunity to join the team. I was told that they had another canidate that they were bringing in and would get back to me by Friday of that week.

However, after my interview I had no direct contact from Pokemon, even after I mailed to say what a pleasure it was to meet everyone (which it really was). Two weeks later the headhunter was still trying to get an answer from them. She never did get feedback on why I was not the canidate selected for the job offer. I was dissapointed in the lack of follow through I felt after the interview. I know as an HR professional that I'd never leave a canidate hanging on for over two weeks after telling them I would be back in contact before the end of the week.

If you are working with a headhunter and they want you to interview at Pokemon don't count on getting any feedback after the interview, even if you e-mail and ask for it.

Interview Questions
    • What do we offer that your current job doesn't?   View Answer

Worked for Pokemon USA? Contribute to the Community!