Polaris FT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polaris FT.

Interview, Persoanilty, Options, Benefits, Progression

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polaris FT in August 2010.

There was phone interview first followed by 1:1 interview with Morgan Stanley. Once I cleared the 1:1 interview, there was another phone interview with the Executive Director. There were basic behavioral questions about my background, experience and interest level in the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but it was not for much. As it was during peak of recession I couldn't leverage much in the salary field

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polaris FT in January 2009.

this was for an onsite position so the interview was mainly done for a particular client. so there was a screening by polaris followed by a round of client interview covering core java, threading, spring struts hibernate

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between creating String as new () and literal?   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polaris FT in December 2008.

Had a phone call for 30 mins and thats it

Consultant, Product Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT.

First round was an online test, testing aptitude and Java skills. Second round was a Group Discussion round. And the third and final round was a short HR interview. The Group Discussion was based on the technical as well as social issues. Speaking about the technical interview, it was basically based on the CV and started with the regular question 'Tell me about yourself?'. The interviewer asked about the various projects that I've done. The interview concluded with the question that do I have any location preferences.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not much tough in the online round from the aptitude part, but yes, I would say the level of questions from the Java section was quite tough and covered a wide range of applications of Java like, databases, servelets, etc.   Answer Question

Test Manager Interview

Average for a Test Manager, no technocal questions they just asked about the present process and nothing techei

NOt good package

Associate Consultant Interview

Informal interview process. Didn't seem on professional level on competing companies. Company is run in Indian way and anyone not from India will feel a bit intimidated. There was just one interview with the manager and nothing else.

Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications Interview

The interview process was incredibly smooth. The interviewers had studied my credentials and already had a position in mind. They made it a two way discussion and told me a lot about the company, to help me keep my answers relevant. It was a welcoming process. I liked the two step interview process by the department heads. The first step prepared you for a brief final interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions during the first two rounds. They knew what they were looking for, and at. And they made sure I did, too. The HR interview after all this was a bit jarring, like starting all over again. Concerns of competence, experience and expectation that I had addressed in the first two rounds were being raised again by the concerned HR representative.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was mostly straightforward. There was only one jarring note. An additional level of negotiation from HR was unnecessary and not pleasant. They will meet the accepted standards of a 20% to 30% raise from the previous employer, but candidates would be well-advised to expect a further round of negotiation from HR.

Consultant Interview

Polaris FT visited our campus in the Fall. They conducted an written (Aptitude+Java) test. 20 ques to be done in 30 mins each. No negative marking. Aptitude questions were pretty standard; in Java questions were mostly from Collections, Multi-threading, JSP as well as Servlets. The written was followed by GD. Common topics were given : Has social media decreased human interaction? , Construction of roads or public transport, which is more important? . Finally, HR interview was conducted and ques based on resume were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Java written test is pretty difficult if you are oblivious to J2EE concepts.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT in September 2014.

Applied via campus hiring. 1 day process. Written test on Apti + Java + Group discussion. Pre-requisite Java knowledge however NOT needed to clear the interview. They see your confidence and communication skills. HR consisted of personal questions, as bad and good things about you. Why Polaris ?etc

Interview Questions
    • What would be a challenge for you if you were to learn Java afresh?   Answer Question