Polaris FT Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polaris FT.

Interview, Persoanilty, Options, Benefits, Progression

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Polaris FT in August 2010.

There was phone interview first followed by 1:1 interview with Morgan Stanley. Once I cleared the 1:1 interview, there was another phone interview with the Executive Director. There were basic behavioral questions about my background, experience and interest level in the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but it was not for much. As it was during peak of recession I couldn't leverage much in the salary field

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polaris FT in January 2009.

this was for an onsite position so the interview was mainly done for a particular client. so there was a screening by polaris followed by a round of client interview covering core java, threading, spring struts hibernate

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between creating String as new () and literal?   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polaris FT in December 2008.

Had a phone call for 30 mins and thats it

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Polaris FT.

Polaris FT visited our campus in the Fall. They conducted an written (Aptitude+Java) test. 20 ques to be done in 30 mins each. No negative marking. Aptitude questions were pretty standard; in Java questions were mostly from Collections, Multi-threading, JSP as well as Servlets. The written was followed by GD. Common topics were given : Has social media decreased human interaction? , Construction of roads or public transport, which is more important? . Finally, HR interview was conducted and ques based on resume were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Java written test is pretty difficult if you are oblivious to J2EE concepts.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polaris FT in August 2014.

3 Rounds. First with someone 5 Yrs senior to me. She was knowledgeable and wanted to listen to all my answers. Also, at times it felt as if she also wanted to know more about the specialized area of work I have done which she may have theoretical understanding of. She was very helpful and patent.It was 1.5 hr Technical Phone interview. She explored a good range of Investment banking domain starting from Fixed Income, Credit Risk, Margin Trading to Basel Requirements. After the interview she even gave proper technical feed back and suggestions on areas I can brush-up on. Very Positive interviewer, She had great clarity on career progression in this firm and Profile.

2nd round was with a Client. He asked 5 technical question. After I replied to them correctly, he just wanted to know if I have done something similar to his project. Post this he just asked me questions will you be able to understand VAR reference data attributes of Fixed Income instruments. A yes was all he wanted to hear. Only 25 min telephonic interview.

3rd Round was Face to Face at Polaris office. It was a very diluted version of 1st round. 40 min interview in which 25 min was technical questions. 15 min was spend to make me comfortable. Very positive interviewer again.

Post this a 5 min telephonic discussion with HR mostly about package. Then the offer was rolled out

Over all the experience was very nice. The overall attitude was that they were 'looking for reasons to hire' and not on reasons to 'not hire'.

Interview Questions
    • How will Basel III norms affect an existing margin trading setup?   View Answer

Better offer elsewhere.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Polaris FT in August 2014.

Initially i got referred through a consultancy. The consultancy person did give me a person name who is already working in Polaris. And he did schedule a day for interview at Polaris. The consultancy person himself saying Polaris is my popular client.

The interview was a single round. Do you think where i was interviewed.? I got interviewed at worker's cabinet. There is no proper management for interview.

Interview experience :

The interviewer didn't even look at my face and he started running away from me to find a room for interview. But sadly there is no room available for him. So he just came back at me and started asking me questions without a gentle introduction about him.

Questions he asked : ( I am a 2+ years experienced developer ). Look at the questions he asked..

1. Introduce yourself ( as usual )
    2. What is Thread lock? ( There is no such kind of situations when handling Threads ). So i assumed about cross thread communication UI and background thread messaging problem in WPF ). But he's not satisfied and straight away said no.
    3. What is a class? ( answered )
    4. What is an object? ( answered )
    5. What is abstract class? ( answered )
    6. What is structure?
    7. I'm done with my questions. Do you have any questions? ( I asked him about further instructions on finishing the hiring process. He simply said the management team will call you and You can leave. Very funny guy. After the interview he just turned to his cabinet and just started using linked in profile pictures!! He will also scan you from the top to bottom of your body. )

Note :

There is no single question asked about Multi threading, WPF and LINQ. I think he is working in .Net framework 2.0 or below. And i could also feel that he is not a technical person. He had very poor communication skills and not even interested in hiring a single people. I spent nearly 4000 INR for traveling from my home town to attend interview.

Overall very very bad experience and if you are don't get any jobs come and join. Else if you're looking for a career growth please don't join.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Polaris FT in July 2014.

online apti, online java test, online cognitive test, GD, HR
    online test was pretty easy and many ppl cleared it. HR was friendly and they asked basic questions like in every other interview

R&D Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Polaris FT.

I applied through the campus selection. There were four rounds total in the interview process. The first round was basic aptitude, the second was a total number of eight games that tests your reasoning, memory and observation skills, etc, the third round was technical and then the HR. The overall process was completed in a day.

Interview Questions
    • test is easy, concentrate on coding and technical part   Answer Question

Technical Manager/Vice - President IT Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I got the interview scheduled for Tech Manager and the interview started after 1 hour of scheduled time.
    Believe the interviewer was inclined to only reject resumes rather than select.
    Questions asked to a senior person was very basic developer level questions.
    Though, I do not remember what I did 5-6 years back, I still tried to recall and answer.
    Practical architecture level questions, analytical thought provoking questions and management questions are what we expect when hiring 11+ years experienced candidates.

GOD help Polaris from such interviewers who are not really doing justice to their job.
    Thanks!

Interview Questions
    • What is page context?
      I donno if he really interviewed for developer or tech manager!
        Answer Question

Worked for Polaris FT? Contribute to the Community!