Polaris FT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.9

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in kāraikāl (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in kāraikāl (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT in September 2014.

initial online test consisted of aptitutde and java.
    Mostly JSP questions in java par.
    30 mins each for apti and java.
    Java was a bit tough while apti was easy.
    but most of the candidates could not clear it because of very short duration.
    and java knowledge was a big deciding factor.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)

It was a day long process. Started with a aptitude test which consisted of 20 Questions from Basic Quant and 25 Questions from Java. They shortlisted around 13 people from a total of 60 and we went further for the Cognitive round which was not an elimination round. The purpose of the cognitive round was just to see the way we think. Followed by Cognitive was the Group Discussion and our topic was time flexibility in work places. Then there was a personal interview with the global head. The main thing that i noticed about the interview process of Polaris FT is they just check how confident the candidate is. If you have good communication skills that will be an added advantage.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt ask me much about my technical skills but were more interested in the website i managed.   Answer Question
    I wasn't in a position to negotiate since I am a fresher.

R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polaris FT.

I applied through the campus selection. There were four rounds total in the interview process. The first round was basic aptitude, the second was a total number of eight games that tests your reasoning, memory and observation skills, etc, the third round was technical and then the HR. The overall process was completed in a day.

Interview Questions
    • test is easy, concentrate on coding and technical part   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Joined as a fresher so interview was a normal process like for freshers
    Started with an apptitude test with second round as froup discussion and the technical interview which ended with hr round and salary discussion

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polaris FT in August 2014.

Initially i got referred through a consultancy. The consultancy person did give me a person name who is already working in Polaris. And he did schedule a day for interview at Polaris. The consultancy person himself saying Polaris is my popular client.

The interview was a single round. Do you think where i was interviewed.? I got interviewed at worker's cabinet. There is no proper management for interview.

Interview experience :

The interviewer didn't even look at my face and he started running away from me to find a room for interview. But sadly there is no room available for him. So he just came back at me and started asking me questions without a gentle introduction about him.

Questions he asked : ( I am a 2+ years experienced developer ). Look at the questions he asked..

1. Introduce yourself ( as usual )
    2. What is Thread lock? ( There is no such kind of situations when handling Threads ). So i assumed about cross thread communication UI and background thread messaging problem in WPF ). But he's not satisfied and straight away said no.
    3. What is a class? ( answered )
    4. What is an object? ( answered )
    5. What is abstract class? ( answered )
    6. What is structure?
    7. I'm done with my questions. Do you have any questions? ( I asked him about further instructions on finishing the hiring process. He simply said the management team will call you and You can leave. Very funny guy. After the interview he just turned to his cabinet and just started using linked in profile pictures!! He will also scan you from the top to bottom of your body. )

Note :

There is no single question asked about Multi threading, WPF and LINQ. I think he is working in .Net framework 2.0 or below. And i could also feel that he is not a technical person. He had very poor communication skills and not even interested in hiring a single people. I spent nearly 4000 INR for traveling from my home town to attend interview.

Overall very very bad experience and if you are don't get any jobs come and join. Else if you're looking for a career growth please don't join.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polaris FT in August 2014.

3 Rounds. First with someone 5 Yrs senior to me. She was knowledgeable and wanted to listen to all my answers. Also, at times it felt as if she also wanted to know more about the specialized area of work I have done which she may have theoretical understanding of. She was very helpful and patent.It was 1.5 hr Technical Phone interview. She explored a good range of Investment banking domain starting from Fixed Income, Credit Risk, Margin Trading to Basel Requirements. After the interview she even gave proper technical feed back and suggestions on areas I can brush-up on. Very Positive interviewer, She had great clarity on career progression in this firm and Profile.

2nd round was with a Client. He asked 5 technical question. After I replied to them correctly, he just wanted to know if I have done something similar to his project. Post this he just asked me questions will you be able to understand VAR reference data attributes of Fixed Income instruments. A yes was all he wanted to hear. Only 25 min telephonic interview.

3rd Round was Face to Face at Polaris office. It was a very diluted version of 1st round. 40 min interview in which 25 min was technical questions. 15 min was spend to make me comfortable. Very positive interviewer again.

Post this a 5 min telephonic discussion with HR mostly about package. Then the offer was rolled out

Over all the experience was very nice. The overall attitude was that they were 'looking for reasons to hire' and not on reasons to 'not hire'.

Interview Questions
    • How will Basel III norms affect an existing margin trading setup?   View Answer

Better offer elsewhere.

Technical Manager/Vice - President IT Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I got the interview scheduled for Tech Manager and the interview started after 1 hour of scheduled time.
    Believe the interviewer was inclined to only reject resumes rather than select.
    Questions asked to a senior person was very basic developer level questions.
    Though, I do not remember what I did 5-6 years back, I still tried to recall and answer.
    Practical architecture level questions, analytical thought provoking questions and management questions are what we expect when hiring 11+ years experienced candidates.

GOD help Polaris from such interviewers who are not really doing justice to their job.
    Thanks!

Interview Questions
    • What is page context?
      I donno if he really interviewed for developer or tech manager!
        Answer Question

Vice President Interview

It was quite simple and straight forward, included questions on various items related to BD sales and marketing. It was a nice interview without any much issues at all. I liked the panel approach and means to work with the candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT in July 2014.

online apti, online java test, online cognitive test, GD, HR
    online test was pretty easy and many ppl cleared it. HR was friendly and they asked basic questions like in every other interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polaris FT.

Two rounds of technical and HR round. It was not tedious and was seemed to be little repetitive in the technical part, though it was for some reason. Basic Level and Conceptual