Polaris FT

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Test Manager Interview

Average for a Test Manager, no technocal questions they just asked about the present process and nothing techei

NOt good package

Associate Consultant Interview

Informal interview process. Didn't seem on professional level on competing companies. Company is run in Indian way and anyone not from India will feel a bit intimidated. There was just one interview with the manager and nothing else.

Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications Interview

The interview process was incredibly smooth. The interviewers had studied my credentials and already had a position in mind. They made it a two way discussion and told me a lot about the company, to help me keep my answers relevant. It was a welcoming process. I liked the two step interview process by the department heads. The first step prepared you for a brief final interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions during the first two rounds. They knew what they were looking for, and at. And they made sure I did, too. The HR interview after all this was a bit jarring, like starting all over again. Concerns of competence, experience and expectation that I had addressed in the first two rounds were being raised again by the concerned HR representative.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was mostly straightforward. There was only one jarring note. An additional level of negotiation from HR was unnecessary and not pleasant. They will meet the accepted standards of a 20% to 30% raise from the previous employer, but candidates would be well-advised to expect a further round of negotiation from HR.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT.

Polaris FT visited our campus in the Fall. They conducted an written (Aptitude+Java) test. 20 ques to be done in 30 mins each. No negative marking. Aptitude questions were pretty standard; in Java questions were mostly from Collections, Multi-threading, JSP as well as Servlets. The written was followed by GD. Common topics were given : Has social media decreased human interaction? , Construction of roads or public transport, which is more important? . Finally, HR interview was conducted and ques based on resume were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Java written test is pretty difficult if you are oblivious to J2EE concepts.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris FT in September 2014.

Applied via campus hiring. 1 day process. Written test on Apti + Java + Group discussion. Pre-requisite Java knowledge however NOT needed to clear the interview. They see your confidence and communication skills. HR consisted of personal questions, as bad and good things about you. Why Polaris ?etc

Interview Questions
    • What would be a challenge for you if you were to learn Java afresh?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in kāraikāl (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in kāraikāl (India)

initial online test consisted of aptitutde and java.
    Mostly JSP questions in java par.
    30 mins each for apti and java.
    Java was a bit tough while apti was easy.
    but most of the candidates could not clear it because of very short duration.
    and java knowledge was a big deciding factor.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji (India)

It was a day long process. Started with a aptitude test which consisted of 20 Questions from Basic Quant and 25 Questions from Java. They shortlisted around 13 people from a total of 60 and we went further for the Cognitive round which was not an elimination round. The purpose of the cognitive round was just to see the way we think. Followed by Cognitive was the Group Discussion and our topic was time flexibility in work places. Then there was a personal interview with the global head. The main thing that i noticed about the interview process of Polaris FT is they just check how confident the candidate is. If you have good communication skills that will be an added advantage.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt ask me much about my technical skills but were more interested in the website i managed.   Answer Question
    I wasn't in a position to negotiate since I am a fresher.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polaris FT in September 2014.

Hiring process started with aptitude round 20 MCQ's in 20 minutes then Java test which majorly consisted of advance java and few basic programming module questions on inheritance and packages etc. which summed up in 25 MCQ's in 20 minutes. These 2 rounds together was eliminating round. then Psychometric test and then followed the GD round and the topic given to me was "Should written test be the sufficient procedure while hiring people for a concerned post?" try to stick to the point and give your views and grab a chance to break the silence and take the initiative as the marking for the GD included for communication skills and taking initiatives.
    Next followed the interview which was both HR and Technical round which was very easy to get it on

Interview Questions
    • Java online test most of the questions were from advance Java   View Answer
    they were hiring for the concerned post and JNF mentioned for the package to be 4.5 LPA

R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polaris FT.

I applied through the campus selection. There were four rounds total in the interview process. The first round was basic aptitude, the second was a total number of eight games that tests your reasoning, memory and observation skills, etc, the third round was technical and then the HR. The overall process was completed in a day.

Interview Questions
    • test is easy, concentrate on coding and technical part   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Joined as a fresher so interview was a normal process like for freshers
    Started with an apptitude test with second round as froup discussion and the technical interview which ended with hr round and salary discussion