Polaris Industries Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
16 interviews

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Polaris Industries in July 2014.

Two short phone interviews with the HR person. I didn't schedule the third interview, because they did not offer to pay for airfare. The second interview was supposed to be with the executive director, but was not. The company seems fairly small and short-staffed. They advertised as a company that markets for pharma companies, but during the interview they did not mention this at all. They mostly work for a branch of Staples.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you like to have lunch with dead or living?   View Answer

Line Worker Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Polaris Industries in June 2010.

temp agency

Interview Questions
    • what are your plans here at Polaris, when they were closing in 3 months.   Answer Question
    nothing

Engineering Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Polaris Industries in September 2013.

Got an interview at the career fair on campus. Behavioral interview on campus the next day of the fair. 2 people interviewed me and asked a lot questions pertaining to my resume and various situation based questions about projects and my experience.

Quality Assurance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Roseau, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Roseau, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Polaris Industries in June 2013.

I was asked a lot of questions that a normal person would not know until after they had been trained at this position. I'm not sure if they figured that these questions were common knowledge of if they figured the person that would get the job would be able to jump right in and start without any training. Every job I've ever had, someone has showed me what I had to do...but maybe that's just me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what several acronyms stood for...a question that nobody would really know until they worked in that position. To top if off, there was one that they didn't even know, they had to look back at their notes...but yet I'm supposed to know all of them??   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wyoming, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polaris Industries in October 2013.

Started with an on campus interview after being selected through a career center posting. Received a call a week later or so asking if I would do a follow up phone interview (was an extra step from what I was told on campus). Did the phone interview and was told I would hear back within a few days to a week. Within that time frame I received an email saying that I was invited to come onsite to interview for the position.

Was sent a long online evaluation to take and an application to fill out.

Next I went onsite for an interview which involved speaking with four different groups (three engineering and one HR). In one of the interviews I was given a lock and a few different tools and asked if I could open the lock. The answer being of course that one of the people doing the interviewing had the key. After the interviews, there was a group session which involved discussing benefits and such. Following was a meal and then a group "project" (3 other ECE students) in which we were asked to discover the inside of a blackbox given a schematic with only boxes for parts.

We were then dismissed to leave. The mileage reimbursement and hotel setup was good.

The only large complaint I have is when I responded to the email notifying me that I would not be extended an offer, was that they did not respond saying that they could not provide feedback or anything they just did not respond.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was most likely the group project in which we were required to figure out what was inside of a black box.   View Answer

Financial Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Polaris Industries.

Phone interview with HR employee

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Medina, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Polaris Industries in October 2013.

Initial phone interview with the HR manager. Assistant set up all further interviews. The main set of interviews involved four people at one hour each. It started at 9:00 am and finished at 1:00. I made sure to have a large breakfast at Perkins ahead of time which was good because there were not breaks for lunch. In general, the interviews are pretty informal and they want to hear about what it was like growing up. I think this is because they want to know what your interaction has been with Polaris products or other motor sports.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you answer someone if they asked why there hasn't been much progression in your career"   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polaris Industries in November 2012.

Most questions asked had a behavior focus.

Development Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Polaris Industries in March 2013.

Had initial screen interview by phone, lower level HR person. Promised follow up interview, tho said it would be slow. There was no follow up or second interview.

Services Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Polaris Industries.

I applied via an online career networking site and heard back from an off-site contract recruiter who arranged a telephone interview. I appreciate Glassdoor's employee and former employee reviews - they help create a framework for understanding the possible work culture.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter said that she/they wanted this to be the last interview a person ever had.   View Answer

Worked for Polaris Industries? Contribute to the Community!