Polaris Industries Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Specialist Interview

There are many levels to the interview process, which is to be expected in a large organization. Several phone interviews were conducted before an in person interview with someone from recruiting that was assigned to me. Once you are screened to their satisfaction, the recruiter brings you in for several in-person interviews, which start with department heads. If you are still in the running, you are brought back to interview with potential teammates. There are times that you may be contacted by phone in the midst of the in-persons, or are asked to come back to meet with the major players in the department or other departments you may work with, as it is a matrixed organization.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: I was asked where I went to High School and what type of student/friend was I in High School. Did school come easy to me. What were my social circles. What did I do for fun.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

First contacted by recruiter who asked basic questions and asked for my transcripts. This was followed by a call with the supervisor and manager who asked more specific questions about the position. Next week was flown to the site for a morning of interviews. Interviewed with 12 different people and had to give a 20 minute presentation.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polaris Industries in September 2014.

Both telephone and in-person interviews. They were very professional, and the questions were similar to industry standard. They moved a little slower with communicating the offer due to their budget establishment process that occurs in October. Overall, I was pleased with how it was handled.

Financial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polaris Industries.

Phone interview with HR employee

Electrical Engineer Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polaris Industries in October 2013.

Started with an on campus interview after being selected through a career center posting. Received a call a week later or so asking if I would do a follow up phone interview (was an extra step from what I was told on campus). Did the phone interview and was told I would hear back within a few days to a week. Within that time frame I received an email saying that I was invited to come onsite to interview for the position.

Was sent a long online evaluation to take and an application to fill out.

Next I went onsite for an interview which involved speaking with four different groups (three engineering and one HR). In one of the interviews I was given a lock and a few different tools and asked if I could open the lock. The answer being of course that one of the people doing the interviewing had the key. After the interviews, there was a group session which involved discussing benefits and such. Following was a meal and then a group "project" (3 other ECE students) in which we were asked to discover the inside of a blackbox given a schematic with only boxes for parts.

We were then dismissed to leave. The mileage reimbursement and hotel setup was good.

The only large complaint I have is when I responded to the email notifying me that I would not be extended an offer, was that they did not respond saying that they could not provide feedback or anything they just did not respond.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was most likely the group project in which we were required to figure out what was inside of a black box.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polaris Industries in October 2013.

Initial phone interview with the HR manager. Assistant set up all further interviews. The main set of interviews involved four people at one hour each. It started at 9:00 am and finished at 1:00. I made sure to have a large breakfast at Perkins ahead of time which was good because there were not breaks for lunch. In general, the interviews are pretty informal and they want to hear about what it was like growing up. I think this is because they want to know what your interaction has been with Polaris products or other motor sports.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you answer someone if they asked why there hasn't been much progression in your career"   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polaris Industries in September 2013.

Got an interview at the career fair on campus. Behavioral interview on campus the next day of the fair. 2 people interviewed me and asked a lot questions pertaining to my resume and various situation based questions about projects and my experience.

Quality Assurance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseau, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Roseau, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polaris Industries in June 2013.

I was asked a lot of questions that a normal person would not know until after they had been trained at this position. I'm not sure if they figured that these questions were common knowledge of if they figured the person that would get the job would be able to jump right in and start without any training. Every job I've ever had, someone has showed me what I had to do...but maybe that's just me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what several acronyms stood for...a question that nobody would really know until they worked in that position. To top if off, there was one that they didn't even know, they had to look back at their notes...but yet I'm supposed to know all of them??   View Answer

Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polaris Industries.

I applied via an online career networking site and heard back from an off-site contract recruiter who arranged a telephone interview. I appreciate Glassdoor's employee and former employee reviews - they help create a framework for understanding the possible work culture.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter said that she/they wanted this to be the last interview a person ever had.   View Answer

Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polaris Industries in March 2013.

Had initial screen interview by phone, lower level HR person. Promised follow up interview, tho said it would be slow. There was no follow up or second interview.