Politico Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Politico

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Politico.

Had 1 phone interview, then had a try-out where I wrote 3 stories in 2 hours (6 to 8am) and then went for a more casual interview face-to-face with the employer. Next step was a meeting in the office with 4 employees at the company. Kind of like a round of speed dating for a job. After that, I got the offer

Interview Questions
    • Looking for a keen sense of news, don't focus to much on the "digital journalism" aspect   Answer Question
    Not much negotiations

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Politico in September 2013.

I had two telephone interviews. Both were very thorough and lasted about 30 minutes each. The position duties and responsibilities were clearly detailed at the outset and the next step in the process was also explained. The second interviewer was also careful to detail the next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected and weren't difficult. I'm changing career fields so I expected the spectrum of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Politico in January 2009.

Straight forward phone interview followed with an in office interview consisting of the usual questions for about a half an hour. I ultimately turned down the position prior to hearing back from them.