Pollo Tropical Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pollo Tropical

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pollo Tropical in June 2014.

Applied through one of the internet job seeker sites. It must have been a long time I did so because when they called me to interview I didn't remember I had applied with Pollo Tropical. Despite their having all my information they made me fill out another application, some of the information such as phone numbers I did not have on me. Basically asked to "sell yourself", I mentioned my many years in the industry and the fact I am very familiar with this restaurant being from Miami originally. They didn't seem impressed, another fact being both myself and hiring mgr were Hispanic but from different countries that typically do not get along probably had a lot to do with the selection...I just felt that vibe throughout as he was skimming through my application and seemed to want to be rid of me, said they'd call for a 2nd interview but never got the call and I wasn't expecting it anyways.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pollo Tropical in December 2012.

Phone screen, application, Phone interview, OJE

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any restrictions on which days you are available to work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smyrna, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pollo Tropical in October 2012.

This store is new to this area. I found a post on Craigslist and sent them my resume. They Called me in for an interview the next day. When I got there, they made me fill out an application. asked me some general questions about my experience, and explained some positions that were similar to past job experience.

Interview Questions
    • Always the question why you want to work for this company.   View Answer
    There was no real negotiations about the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pollo Tropical in March 2012.

Applied online but nobody got to me. so i called and the manager told be to come in. the interview was easy, she was very kind. Then after a couple hours of paper work i was hired.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pollo Tropical in March 2012.

The process is fairly short. You ask for an application, fill it out, turn it in. They will call you back in a few days, you go in, and they just ask you some simple, standard questions, and if you seem alright, you will start working a few days later. They will ask you if you know about Pollo Tropical's history, but it's not a vital thing to know that they started in Florida.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pollo Tropical.

You just talk to the manager. Pretty easy. let them know you want the job.

I didnt negotiate

Worked for Pollo Tropical? Contribute to the Community!