Polo Ralph Lauren

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2008.

The emphasis of the interview was not on my skill set but more on who I am as an individual. They were very concerned with what sets me a part from other people and how I was going to add diversity to the staff. That being said, they were not looking for diversity in the traditional sense, they wanted to know what was "cool" about me, and what "cool" things I had done with my life.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of an event you put on that generated business.   View Answer
  • What is so unique about you that no other candidate can say it about themselves?   View Answer
I was able to negotiate up 3k. However I recently found out that I was making more than 10k above an equal simply due to my experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Assistant Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples (Italy)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2012.

I've been initially contacted from a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn! After asking me if I was interested in the position with an email, she called me to have an quick partial interview. Then we met at her office where she told me that she couldn't say which Luxury Fashion International company she was searching managers for and that just at the second stage, if I was an appropriate candidate, I would have known the name. She liked my profile and found my previous work experiences very interesting, so she decided to forward my application to the direct HR responsible of the Fashion Company. When they call me back to set the second meeting, I was finally told that I was going to interview for Ralph Lauren. At the second meeting I've been asked just few general questions about my actual job, some of my previous work experiences and which are my goals in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question particularly complicated!!   View Answer
    There weren't any chances to negotiate the salary. In my country there are several laws that set the ranges of applicable salaries for any position in the retail business.