Polo Ralph Lauren

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process and Ralph Lauren is exciting, fun, interesting, and lighthearted. I was contacted by the recruiting staff with interview details and confirmation through email, the email was professional and detailed. The recruiters were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had before the interview, which helped me to be much more at ease. When I arrived, I was kindly greeted in the lobby by the recruiter I'd spoken to, which again, made me feel welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with two members of senior management, which was nice to see that they cared about the hiring process. It was informal, short, and sweet. I couldn't get a good gage on how they felt about me upon leaving, but I was happily surprised to have been hired shortly following the interview.

Interview Question – In my second interview with the senior manager, I was only asked four questions. "Why do you want to work in this department?" "Why do you want to work at Ralph Lauren?" "Why did you choose the major you chose?" "What do you hope to gain from this experience?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an intern, I did not feel it was appropriate to negotiate in any fashion.

Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2013.

Interview Details – The emails to arrange the interview were very messy, got directed to different people before I could schedule a meeting. Then when the interview day came I arrived and the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there, so I was interviewed by someone who I haven't been in contact with before. The interview went well I thought but after the interview the response time and emails were not up to the standards that I was taught throughout my education as a Human Relations major. It was a subpar interview they seemed flustered and overwhelmed at the time. Not getting to know the interviewee.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were a leader and how you were able to be a successful leader.   Answer Question

Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Ralph Lauren's corporate development program and wanted to go into merchandising or buying. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by the head of campus recruiting for RL and had a short conversation with her where I was asked to tell her about myself, what I am looking for in an internship with Ralph Lauren and what departments I would ideally like to work with. After this, she set me up for an interview with someone from the merchandising department. This interview was more like an informal conversation. My interviewer was very friendly, and I wasn't asked any unanticipated questions. The team ended up choosing another candidate but I was lucky enough to be set up for a second interview with another department which was a bit more formal than my previous interview. I was contacted about a week later and offered an internship position for this summer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Are you more of a qualitative or qualitative person?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – process was easy and painless, I was communicating with someone in HR and then I met with the team I would be working with, within 1 week I was offered the position

Interview Question – There really was no extremely difficult questions just know about the company and what you are looking for in an employer and what you can do for them   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Very curt interviewer. Did not smile at all and disagreed with everything I said.

Interview Question – Why Ralph Lauren? Why this specific department(s)? Only asked 2 questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school recruiting process. Successfully received a second round where I went into the office for the interview. Very straight forward. Medium difficulty of questions. Mostly all behavior questions. As long as you show a strong interest and passion in the position, the interview will be easy. The interviewer was very nice and we connected very well.

Interview Question – What is the Vlookup Function on Excel   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had two face-to-face interviews. The first interview was with human resources manager and second one was with senior designer. They looked at my portfolio, described the position and asked me some questions about my past experience. Next morning after the second interview they called me and offered paid internship.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2011.

Interview Details – Resume was passed down from high level executive, so the interview process was more efficient than a regular interview. Had 2 rounds of interviews before final offer and was immediately sent the contract as well as other work details.

Interview Question – All questions were anticipated   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2011.

Interview Details – About a week after the resume drop deadline for the on-campus hiring program, I was notified that I had been invited to interview. The hour-long interview process consisted of two separate interviews of equal length and format. The questions were mostly fit or personality questions rather than questions that required technical knowledge or research about the specifics of the company. The tone of the interview was professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!