Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
133 interviews

2.4

Designer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2012.

it was a freelance position that was to hire permanetly. I stayed there for 7 months and they hired me to full time position. I took the job and now working for a while now. Alot of drama

Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2013.

Friend said position was open so I got in contact with HR. Scheduled the interview and went in. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I got offered the job at the end. Started working the following week.

Base salary and accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2013.

Put in an application online, got a call for an interview. The interview was standard, no out of the box or out of the ordinary questions. It was a group interview for the store that I had applied to which was alright with me as I had been in this type of interview before. After the interview, I waited over a month, I then got a phone call offering me the position. The End.

None

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

I originally applied for the Shipping and receiving supervisor position at RL for the new store they were opening in Aug on 5th Ave. I received a digital interview request after one week that without any detail information. I did it and thought that was the first step for screening. After 1 week I received an email from the HR Intern that they would hold a hiring event in their Soho store. I will have the opportunity to explore more info regarding the positions open. So I went to the event and got a chance to meet with their logistic manager and HR people. The conversations were pleasant and the logistic manager even asked details like what was my ending salary from last position, so I thought I was being interviewed the position I originally applied for. After that hiring event, I received another email from HR intern that they wanted to have a final interview with me. On the email, I asked what position they will offer to me, the Intern replied there were different positions from sales associate to supervisor, the manager will decide later. So I went to the final interview and I was told only 30% of positions are full time. They wanted to assign Sales associate or cashier PT position to me since I speak other languages! The manager even said I knew you applied for the supervisor position, but I didn't see your skill set fits the position. What do you mean my skill set doesn't fit the position? I have years logistic experience and you told me I can't be a supervisor? I was totally freaked out even tho I didn't say anything in front of those managers! The experience was horrible as I felt RL wasted my time! After talking to my friends who applied for jobs at RL, they said they had very similar experience as well. Until now, I didn't receive a word from RL regarding the hiring process maybe they have sensed I wouldn't take their PT position. However, I feel I deserve at least an email to notify the status no matter what. RL is the company for fresh grads who are seeking for a PT job in retail to make money. Otherwise, avoid them.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in October 2010.

You meet with different managers. If they like you they make you a job offer. Simple. None of the questions were difficult to answer. As long as you research how to interview well, and you are prepared, and assuming you are qualified for the position and your work experience qualifies you for the position, you're in.

Interview Questions
    Pay is standard for everyone and non-negotiable. $10 base pay, commission vs draw, however you do not have to pay back the draw, it's yours if you don't make commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2012.

Friendly, comfortable, engaging. Interview lasted over an hour. Great company that has stood the test of time in retailing. If you are committed to a global company, you will have a productive career with this company. Maturity, professionalism, genuine character...you must like people, or you will not succeed in this company or sales generally.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the evolution of Ralph Lauren as a designer and what brands and subsidiaries exist today.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

The interview and hiring process and Ralph Lauren is exciting, fun, interesting, and lighthearted. I was contacted by the recruiting staff with interview details and confirmation through email, the email was professional and detailed. The recruiters were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had before the interview, which helped me to be much more at ease. When I arrived, I was kindly greeted in the lobby by the recruiter I'd spoken to, which again, made me feel welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with two members of senior management, which was nice to see that they cared about the hiring process. It was informal, short, and sweet. I couldn't get a good gage on how they felt about me upon leaving, but I was happily surprised to have been hired shortly following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In my second interview with the senior manager, I was only asked four questions. "Why do you want to work in this department?" "Why do you want to work at Ralph Lauren?" "Why did you choose the major you chose?" "What do you hope to gain from this experience?"   View Answer
    As an intern, I did not feel it was appropriate to negotiate in any fashion.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

The interview process moved very fast. I was asked to meet with the head of talent recruitment and go over my experiences and skills. From there, he forwarded my resume to the hiring managers of the positions I best fitted. Then I was offered an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward, behavioral questions though this varies with who you're interviewing with.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Phone interview and screening, then 3 separate interviews with directors. Heard back 2 weeks after via email about job that I didn't get it. Interviews for the most part were situational and nothing out of the ordinary.

Associate Merchandiser Interview

A lot of questions about the brand and what I know about it, and if I had tried on the product. As well as my work history and my general life history. Questions about systems and if I was proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.

Interview Questions

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!