Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.4

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Initial contact with HR was months after my resume had been submitted internally by a current employee. First interview was with HR, then a second interview with direct manager and a few team members. The final interview consisted of a project- analysis of 4 different stores. There was also an excel test, short, just formatting and quick analysis, a v-look up.

Interview Questions
    • The usual- strengths, weaknesses, describe a situation you had to work with a difficult person and how you overcame it, describe your working habits as a individual and a team   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It was not too bad. They asked a few questions, and it was over. The atmosphere was pleasant. The interviewer was pretty decent. No question was too hard. This is the way an interview should be. Who thought it could be so smooth?

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2015.

Group interview with 4 applicants and 3 company mangers. Very pleasant atmosphere and they made us all feel at ease and comfortable. They did not make us feel intimidated and always said "ok, good" after we answered their question. The complete interview took approximately a half hour. They did not keep us waiting, we started right on time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked as a team and how you overcame an obstacle with that team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2015.

about 20 minute conversation...women were very nice and helpful. not awkward at all. listened attentively and asked typical questions of an interviewer. Tell me about one of your past internships. Big Company? Make sure to ask them a few questions. this is helpful

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a little bit about why you are interested in getting into an internship in retail?

Why do you want to work at RL?

What do you know about Ralph Lauren?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

very relaxed process, just wanting to get to know you and have a conversation around the reasoning for applying - very interested in the advancement of your career; very considerate about scheduling and flexibility, all in all a great experience

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Round one was through Skype with a HR representative. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. We went over my background and experiences and she asked few behavioral questions. It is also important to know the company well and speak about their brand. Round two was by phone with two managers.

Management Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email thanking me for my interest. The only thing she asked me was how much I am currently making and how much I am expecting. I thought it was kind of rude to ask that only, and so early in the recruitment process, especially since I had indicated my current salary on my online application.

I responded back answering her question, also expressing that I was very interested in having a conversation with her to discuss opportunities (and not just salary!). I never heard back from them.

I guess I was too expensive and they couldn't afford me given my experience, but I wish I could have given her reasons as to why I deserve it.

Interview Questions
    • How much are you currently making and how much are you expecting.   Answer Question

Corporate Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very positive interview process. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. She made me feel very comfortable and the interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. It was fairly short and it seemed like there was a strict outline for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the Ralph Lauren Brand
      Tell me about a time you worked with a team and what your role was.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

First, the have you take a online test, it's pretty simple. Second, you have a set down with a hiring manager and they ask about your background, and your previous experience. It's incredibly simple process, the hiring manager at my store, was very nice and friendly, tried to make me feel at ease. Overall a very positive and simple process.