Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview itself was Insightful and pleasant, and The woman I met with was informative and helpful. I didn't have to wait long before the interview started. We equally spoke about my experience and the role and responsibilities for this position. I feel they did a thorough job of qualifying their candidates.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a company
      What my career goals were

Answer Question

Part-time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Waipahu, HI).

Interview

Applied in person and was given an interview date that same day. I came to the group interview (don't dress in a suit. be sophisticated preppy.) of about 8 people. Most were all younger people about ages 18-22. Interview took about an hour. Questions were not unexpected. First 30 minutes was with hiring manager then last 30 minutes was with GM and they close the interview with questions from interviewees. I then got a call back about a week after interview that I got the job and the pay rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you the pay rate given and asks if it is okay. I did not negotiate since it was my first job and the pay rate offered was $2 above the state minimum.

Ralph Lauren.com Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (High Point, NC).

Interview

The interview process I originally went through was bogus. The HR personnel had no personality and the team managers from the contact center floor conducted the "group" interview. The first time I interviewed I thought I had aced all of my questions, especially compared to the group that I was interviewed in had terrible customer service responses. I did not make it any further and upon calling HR to see what I could have improved on for future reference, I was told, "You can apply again in 6 months." End of story. The second time I went in, I thought I did worse, but had different managers and different HR people completing the interview process. I made it through, thinking this would be a great company to work for. Not so much!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever questioned a decision that was made by your previous boss?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2015.

Interview

Went in store and got an application, turned it in the next day. They called me about 2-3 days later to schedule an interview. Went to the interview, I was very nervous because I'd never interviewed before, she didn't ask me any questions about myself or any typical "interview questions". Basically just went in there, talked for 5 minutes about the position, then i was given a personality survey to take. I went home and took it immediately and then got called about an hour later telling me I got the job. It was a great hiring experience.

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process for me was quit quick for what I hear normally happens. I spoke to an HR rep that was very friendly and easy to talk to. She referred me to the hiring manager and I had an interview with him a few weeks later. He asked more generic questions aimed more at my creative sense. Overall it was a good expierence for my job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to work at the Polo Ralph Lauren Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I filled out an application online and selected my interview time. Because the store hasn't opened yet, my interview was at a nearby hotel. I met with the President of Talent Acquisition and the manager of the Polo store in Las Vegas. They were both very nice and friendly. They are definitely looking for mature and friendly individuals who can provide great customer service. After the interview, I was emailed a link to a questionnaire. The majority of the questions were about my view on stealing from the company and the use of marijuana at work.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities/ skills of a good sales associate? What is your biggest weakness in retail? How would your current (or previous) employer describe you? Why do you want to join the Polo team? How would you describe the Ralph Lauren Style? And various questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Fashion Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

It went rather smoothly. I was a little intimidated by the lobby. It's very high class, like a gigantic English country gentleman's study. I felt like I wasn't preppy enough to get the job, but I was hired, so I guess you could say it was a success!

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient in Photoshop and using paths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A friendly and professional yet casual vibe. The hiring managers were both family oriented individuals who were direct without being harsh. Polo Ralph Lauren is seen as a hampton life style, people that shop there often do so for life.
    My biggest advice would be to do your research on Ralph Lauren and how the company began, that will really impress them ;)

Interview Questions

• Did you play any team sports in High School?   Answer Question
    • If a customer tried to pay for a $500.00 purchase, with a $5.00 bill, how would you respond?

what if they did this on purpose? would your response change?

1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online on Monday and was given a call that Thursday for an interview the following Monday. The interview was very casual and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I also took a survey and was scheduled for a second interview that same week. The second interview was more in depth and consisted of behavioral and situational questions. I was asked to fill out a paper application and was told that I would hear back from them for next steps within the process the upcoming week. However I didn't hear from them at all. I received an email from the company to sign consent forms for a background check, which I thought was the end of the process before offering me the position. To my surprise I still wasn't called so I followed up for two weeks and both times I was told that the DM was out for the week and I would receive a call to schedule a final interview. I'm still waiting on the call. The company definitely used the hurry up and wait method and lead me on to believe I got the job instead of just telling me otherwise.
    get the job.get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would be a challenge in the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you increase sales from associates on a slow day?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to solve a difficult situation on your own? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

2015 Summer Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I applied for this internship online and the HR department contacted me about 2 months later. I passed the first interview over phone with the HR person but I did not get to pass with the second person from the department that I wanted to work for.