Polo Ralph Lauren

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Production Manager Interview

Associate Production Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a position but HR contacted me about a position I was not interested in and did not applied for. They kept pushing that I go for this position because they needed to fill it fast. HR doesn't seem to care about filling the right experience candidate to the right job.

Interview Question – There was none because HR ask I go for a position with lower salary then my current one and something I was not interested in or applied for.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2012.

Interview Details – You would submit an application with the General Store Manager/Center Director or higher (Area Manager or District Manager). Following the initial conversation; you would have a formal sit down interview with one, both, or all (possibly together, possibly individually). You are required to complete a survey which will either "recommend" or "not recommend" for the job. Following the survey, you may have an additional interview with one or more of the above mentioned people -- or depending on the store location and sales volume it does -- you may interview with the Regional Director or above.

Interview Question – Be prepared to speak to your professional developmental opportunities. What are you currently working on and how do you plan on developing that skill in the next 30-60-90 days? What are your two greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have very little (if any) negotiation room. Their store level payroll structure is very disciplined and strategic. They have 4 stores in the Orlando Market and are capable of promoting internally (due to excellent Talent and Developmental training) to keep payroll down.

Planning Interview

Planning
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2010.

Interview Details – HR definitely puts in long hours, calling me at 8 am and 8 pm on the same day! The process was straight forward.

Interview Question – who is this company's customer   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2009.

Interview Details – Typical HR suggested questions. The company takes you for a ride before they give you an answer either way.

Interview Question – How can you contribute?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2010.

Interview Details – Set up a telephone interview with HR in New York that delved into my resume. Followed up about two weeks later with a series of 1:1 interviews with HR and stores leadership in NY. Process was smooth, coordinated and professional. I had two behavioral interviews (one of which was more challenging than the other) and two background interviews to determine fit. Followed up with an online questionnaire that asked about leadership style and personal ethics (specific to drugs, lying and theft.)

Advice is pretty standard: Project confidence and brand relevance, prepare for tough behavioral questions, don't fill in silence with chatter, and don't BS when questions test the limits of your experience/knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate one of your star performers whose sales had fallen off significantly from the previous year?   Answer Question
  • What are some of your favorite (competing) brands in ___ category?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process is exhausting. It entails months of interviews and countless meetings with prospective managers in the team and affiliated divisions.

Interview Question – what are your career goals working for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – bid as high as you can. once you're hired expect no promotion (unless you're blond).

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2010.

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview with the store manager. She described the company, asked me questions about my application and work history. Very casual. Do dress up, however. Wearing Polo or Ralph Lauren items is not a plus; no one particularly cares as long as you're dressed up.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations. It is what it is.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very detailed

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is what it is

Merchandizer Interview

Merchandizer

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2010.

Interview Details – Start of met with 2 HR staff, US and JP nationals. No Japanese used in that interview. General get to know me and get to know Ralf Lauren.
Next stage was multiple tests including Excel, personality, Japanese language, mathematics (in Japanese).
Final stage was another panel interview with the 2 heads of Japan. 2 foreign guys, very nice, relaxed but gave tough questions.

Problem was it took them a very long time to get back to me, by which time I had found another offer worth +30% more salary. They did not even give me any interview feedback, just silence. So I was very surprised when they made me the offer. I had considered it dead. If a company takes this long to communicate with you, it means they have a very slow functioning HR department, or... other people rejected their offer and I was a bit down the list. Which says something.

Interview Question – How do you view working in a Japanese work environment but for a gaishikei company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was terrible. I could find more money walking around Tokyo looking in the coin slots of vending machines, to see if anyone had left anything by mistake.

Senior Director Ralph Lauren Interview

Senior Director Ralph Lauren
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Extensive, long (many weeks and many interviews...in my case 11 total interviews over a 10 week period) and very poor HR follow up, updating, etc. In fact, I was completely caught off-gaurd when I received a call (on my mobile phone) from the Global CIO (to who I would be reporting to) as she began to discuss my role/responsibilities and I hadn't even been sent of job offer yet. She went "ape-sh*t" and put me on hold and got HR to get my offer paperwork to me...kind of a mess up by HR.

Interview Question – Many questions that appeared to be around "ego" and "how would you handle X" and how would you handle Y"? Basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, the HR interview process (during all 11 of my interviews) seemed very "canned" and people worked off a "form/template".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy...you want a job at Ralph Lauren Corporation, you don't negotiate. This is a very marquee company, so take the job, the offer they make (which is very fair BTW) and work your way up into the company. Also, the Polo Perks are amazing, benefits are really good, etc. Just take the job!

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!