Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.4

Associate Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2013.

I applied to a position but HR contacted me about a position I was not interested in and did not applied for. They kept pushing that I go for this position because they needed to fill it fast. HR doesn't seem to care about filling the right experience candidate to the right job.

Interview Questions
    • There was none because HR ask I go for a position with lower salary then my current one and something I was not interested in or applied for.   Answer Question

Senior Director Ralph Lauren Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Extensive, long (many weeks and many interviews...in my case 11 total interviews over a 10 week period) and very poor HR follow up, updating, etc. In fact, I was completely caught off-gaurd when I received a call (on my mobile phone) from the Global CIO (to who I would be reporting to) as she began to discuss my role/responsibilities and I hadn't even been sent of job offer yet. She went "ape-sh*t" and put me on hold and got HR to get my offer paperwork to me...kind of a mess up by HR.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions that appeared to be around "ego" and "how would you handle X" and how would you handle Y"? Basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, the HR interview process (during all 11 of my interviews) seemed very "canned" and people worked off a "form/template".   View Answer
    Easy...you want a job at Ralph Lauren Corporation, you don't negotiate. This is a very marquee company, so take the job, the offer they make (which is very fair BTW) and work your way up into the company. Also, the Polo Perks are amazing, benefits are really good, etc. Just take the job!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2012.

You would submit an application with the General Store Manager/Center Director or higher (Area Manager or District Manager). Following the initial conversation; you would have a formal sit down interview with one, both, or all (possibly together, possibly individually). You are required to complete a survey which will either "recommend" or "not recommend" for the job. Following the survey, you may have an additional interview with one or more of the above mentioned people -- or depending on the store location and sales volume it does -- you may interview with the Regional Director or above.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to speak to your professional developmental opportunities. What are you currently working on and how do you plan on developing that skill in the next 30-60-90 days? What are your two greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    They have very little (if any) negotiation room. Their store level payroll structure is very disciplined and strategic. They have 4 stores in the Orlando Market and are capable of promoting internally (due to excellent Talent and Developmental training) to keep payroll down.

Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2012.

it was a freelance position that was to hire permanetly. I stayed there for 7 months and they hired me to full time position. I took the job and now working for a while now. Alot of drama

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2013.

I had a call interview and i passed that then I had to come to a group interview. The group interview was interesting, testing out your speech and communication skills. After that i waited for days for a response. They called back and said no.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2009.

Typical HR suggested questions. The company takes you for a ride before they give you an answer either way.

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2010.

HR definitely puts in long hours, calling me at 8 am and 8 pm on the same day! The process was straight forward.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2010.

Set up a telephone interview with HR in New York that delved into my resume. Followed up about two weeks later with a series of 1:1 interviews with HR and stores leadership in NY. Process was smooth, coordinated and professional. I had two behavioral interviews (one of which was more challenging than the other) and two background interviews to determine fit. Followed up with an online questionnaire that asked about leadership style and personal ethics (specific to drugs, lying and theft.)

Advice is pretty standard: Project confidence and brand relevance, prepare for tough behavioral questions, don't fill in silence with chatter, and don't BS when questions test the limits of your experience/knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate one of your star performers whose sales had fallen off significantly from the previous year?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite (competing) brands in ___ category?   Answer Question

Merchandizer Interview

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2010.

Start of met with 2 HR staff, US and JP nationals. No Japanese used in that interview. General get to know me and get to know Ralf Lauren.
    Next stage was multiple tests including Excel, personality, Japanese language, mathematics (in Japanese).
    Final stage was another panel interview with the 2 heads of Japan. 2 foreign guys, very nice, relaxed but gave tough questions.

Problem was it took them a very long time to get back to me, by which time I had found another offer worth +30% more salary. They did not even give me any interview feedback, just silence. So I was very surprised when they made me the offer. I had considered it dead. If a company takes this long to communicate with you, it means they have a very slow functioning HR department, or... other people rejected their offer and I was a bit down the list. Which says something.

Interview Questions
    • How do you view working in a Japanese work environment but for a gaishikei company?   View Answer

The pay was terrible. I could find more money walking around Tokyo looking in the coin slots of vending machines, to see if anyone had left anything by mistake.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2010.

I got called in for an interview with the store manager. She described the company, asked me questions about my application and work history. Very casual. Do dress up, however. Wearing Polo or Ralph Lauren items is not a plus; no one particularly cares as long as you're dressed up.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiations. It is what it is.