Polo Ralph Lauren

128 candidate interviews

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – I was contacted by a woman in HR a week after submitting my application via their website. She was extremely friendly, and gave me a preliminary phone interview on the spot. Towards then end of the conversation, she had asked for my availability for an in person interview. Three weeks later I met with another HR Manager as well as a Manager in the marketing department. Both interviews comprised of behavioral and experience related questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Designer Interview

Technical Designer

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – I handed out copies of my resume at an expo and had brief interviews on the spot with several HR reps. A representative at Polo kept my resume and compared my credentials with the positions available to create the best match. I was invited for the initial interview and filled out an application. I was invited a second time and was interviewed by the Manager and Senior Technical Designer. During the interview I briefly described my previous employment. I also briefly talked about the history of Ralph Lauren and Polo, philanthropy activities, and any current storefront openings or any announcements of a new line Ralph was creating. The atmosphere was very laid back and pleasant. After the interview I was given a tour of the floor and the showroom rigged with the garments for the next season. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – You may be tested on pattern correction skills, depending on the department.   Answer Question

Compensation Intern Interview

Compensation Intern

Interview Details – With Senior Director and manager

Interview Question – Why do you think you should be chosen   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – rather short process, 1 phone and 1 face-to-face

Interview Question – none. all standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – through agent and they were able to match my expectation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Interview Question – how would you handle a shop lifter   Answer Question

Freelance Interview

Freelance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 Senior Designers, I always think, I either have it or don't. But I was called a few days later with the job.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic fashion design related questions. Which are easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was quick, I understood I was going to be a freelancer, what I was going to make and that the job wasn't guaranteed to pasta full month.

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – Screened through HR, then on to hiring manager. After that can also speak with key members of team. Didn't seem to be a formal questioning process; rather questions at the discretion of the interviewer. Straight forward. Can be a long period of time between any contact with the company and the next interview.

Interview Question – How do you measure your marketing programs. Be ready with some facts.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR and the director at least 2x. I was hired as a freelancer before I became full time. I think they were desperate to hire anyone since the person before me was there 15plus years and I believe she was also miserable.

Interview Question – Do I have any family? Do I know the story of Ralph Lauren.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a freelancers pay and I asked for $5.00 more and they really complained about it.... But eventually gave in... I think ingot luck for the fact they needed ANYONE with a pulse!

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Got an application in store and got a call the next week. Group interviews and watched a video. A lot of high school and college students. There were some older individuals as well that worked there full time. Very basic interview questions. Not that bad. Managers were nice. Overall, if you can sell you can work here. Customer service is key.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Phone screening, 3 total rounds of interviews, met everyone on team

Interview Question – Not many difficult or unanticipated questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees and interview candidates.