Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

"classic" process with rather standard questions; the interview took about one hour: 30 minutes with the HR director, then another 30 minutes with the Credit Director. I didn't get the job as my feeling was that they needed somebody with extensive knowledges and experience in accounting, however, overall, the persons who interviewed me were nice and made me feel confortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, describe yourself in 5 words, what are your weeknesess, why we should hire you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to work at the Polo Ralph Lauren Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I filled out an application online and selected my interview time. Because the store hasn't opened yet, my interview was at a nearby hotel. I met with the President of Talent Acquisition and the manager of the Polo store in Las Vegas. They were both very nice and friendly. They are definitely looking for mature and friendly individuals who can provide great customer service. After the interview, I was emailed a link to a questionnaire. The majority of the questions were about my view on stealing from the company and the use of marijuana at work.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities/ skills of a good sales associate? What is your biggest weakness in retail? How would your current (or previous) employer describe you? Why do you want to join the Polo team? How would you describe the Ralph Lauren Style? And various questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was basic. Brief interview upon turning in application, just dress to impress and speak professionally. If you pass then a group interview follows with basic questions, and then a final solo interview. The group interview is more difficult due to the fact that you must out perform others, however, once you get your solo interview you are almost guaranteed your job offer. Just always remember to be extra perky and excited.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer experience? How did you handle it?
      How would you handle a customer who didn't speak your language?

1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a brief negotiation phase they gave a hourly wage and asked if it was sufficient. This would be where you could possibly counter offer.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview itself was Insightful and pleasant, and The woman I met with was informative and helpful. I didn't have to wait long before the interview started. We equally spoke about my experience and the role and responsibilities for this position. I feel they did a thorough job of qualifying their candidates.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a company
      What my career goals were

Answer Question

Selling Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

Formal but very easy going. Based on past experience and what the need of the business was. Focused on what I would change with current processes of store. Revamp of processes and what I would bring to the store.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and how it would relate to fast moving pace   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Waipahu, HI).

Interview

Applied in person and was given an interview date that same day. I came to the group interview (don't dress in a suit. be sophisticated preppy.) of about 8 people. Most were all younger people about ages 18-22. Interview took about an hour. Questions were not unexpected. First 30 minutes was with hiring manager then last 30 minutes was with GM and they close the interview with questions from interviewees. I then got a call back about a week after interview that I got the job and the pay rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you the pay rate given and asks if it is okay. I did not negotiate since it was my first job and the pay rate offered was $2 above the state minimum.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2015.

Interview

Went in store and got an application, turned it in the next day. They called me about 2-3 days later to schedule an interview. Went to the interview, I was very nervous because I'd never interviewed before, she didn't ask me any questions about myself or any typical "interview questions". Basically just went in there, talked for 5 minutes about the position, then i was given a personality survey to take. I went home and took it immediately and then got called about an hour later telling me I got the job. It was a great hiring experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Sunrise, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview with standard questions in store with the store manager. Second interview in another store with the district manager. Similar questions that were pretty standard and then mainly talked about the company. I was asked what my expectations of the company were and then the position that I was interviewing for was explained.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation on pay are possible and it never hurts to ask or question the amount offered.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Aurora, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. it was a group interview so i met some of the competition and learned a lot from how they answered their questions. I went through a total of three interviews and finally i was offered the position and we discussed the pay and i filled out paper work and watched videos for 2 hours

Ralph Lauren.com Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (High Point, NC).

Interview

The interview process I originally went through was bogus. The HR personnel had no personality and the team managers from the contact center floor conducted the "group" interview. The first time I interviewed I thought I had aced all of my questions, especially compared to the group that I was interviewed in had terrible customer service responses. I did not make it any further and upon calling HR to see what I could have improved on for future reference, I was told, "You can apply again in 6 months." End of story. The second time I went in, I thought I did worse, but had different managers and different HR people completing the interview process. I made it through, thinking this would be a great company to work for. Not so much!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever questioned a decision that was made by your previous boss?   1 Answer