Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Burlington, VT) in June 2013.

Interview

Know your resume and how you can strive in a team setting to achieve overall goals. Just stay positive and that you can immediately contribute and you will be in good shape. Use your knowledge of current fashion trends to help you. Might ask you how you can improve and how well you hold yourself to your commitments.

Interview Questions

• how have you responded to criticism from previous management?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a group. The most stylish people were told to stay back. We all were told to take an assessment (make sure you keep your answers consistent). Second interview scheduled on the spot. Second Interview with store manager. Got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Asked what did I know about the company? What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

I first received a call from HR and she asked me general questions (why Ralph Lauren? why do you want to leave your current position?). Then I went into the office for two interviews. One with HR and another with my current manager.

Factory Store Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron Center, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Byron Center, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

New store opening, sat down with store manager, had a great interview (so I thought) he told me I would fit in great w/ other managment team , said he wanted to set up time for me to talk with DM, said I would hear from him or DM in next day or so, never did even after I followed up with one of the Other new ASM's and was told I would get a phone call thay day.. Not very professional for a company that prides themselfs on the brand and the people who represent them. Be up front and not give the run around. Don't make someone wait for something that's not coming.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can be a good manager for the polo brand?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2015.

Interview

I got invited to an interview within 24 hours of applying for the role. It was a group interview due to the mass of staff that they were hiring. We had to undertake various tasks whilst our performance was being observed and then feedback to the interviewing members of management.

Interview Questions

• present within a small group what you believe the perfect sales associate is   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was put in a group interview and generally asked why I wanted to be a part of their team, why I was a good asset, etc. Pretty basic stuff. It was a generally positive experience, team was nice, but I felt very forced to put on fake enthusiasm, and act as if I was incredibly excited about everything. It was really irritating.

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

"classic" process with rather standard questions; the interview took about one hour: 30 minutes with the HR director, then another 30 minutes with the Credit Director. I didn't get the job as my feeling was that they needed somebody with extensive knowledges and experience in accounting, however, overall, the persons who interviewed me were nice and made me feel confortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, describe yourself in 5 words, what are your weeknesess, why we should hire you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to work at the Polo Ralph Lauren Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I filled out an application online and selected my interview time. Because the store hasn't opened yet, my interview was at a nearby hotel. I met with the President of Talent Acquisition and the manager of the Polo store in Las Vegas. They were both very nice and friendly. They are definitely looking for mature and friendly individuals who can provide great customer service. After the interview, I was emailed a link to a questionnaire. The majority of the questions were about my view on stealing from the company and the use of marijuana at work.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities/ skills of a good sales associate? What is your biggest weakness in retail? How would your current (or previous) employer describe you? Why do you want to join the Polo team? How would you describe the Ralph Lauren Style? And various questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was basic. Brief interview upon turning in application, just dress to impress and speak professionally. If you pass then a group interview follows with basic questions, and then a final solo interview. The group interview is more difficult due to the fact that you must out perform others, however, once you get your solo interview you are almost guaranteed your job offer. Just always remember to be extra perky and excited.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer experience? How did you handle it? How would you handle a customer who didn't speak your language?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a brief negotiation phase they gave a hourly wage and asked if it was sufficient. This would be where you could possibly counter offer.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview itself was Insightful and pleasant, and The woman I met with was informative and helpful. I didn't have to wait long before the interview started. We equally spoke about my experience and the role and responsibilities for this position. I feel they did a thorough job of qualifying their candidates.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a company What my career goals were   Answer Question