Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online on Monday and was given a call that Thursday for an interview the following Monday. The interview was very casual and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I also took a survey and was scheduled for a second interview that same week. The second interview was more in depth and consisted of behavioral and situational questions. I was asked to fill out a paper application and was told that I would hear back from them for next steps within the process the upcoming week. However I didn't hear from them at all. I received an email from the company to sign consent forms for a background check, which I thought was the end of the process before offering me the position. To my surprise I still wasn't called so I followed up for two weeks and both times I was told that the DM was out for the week and I would receive a call to schedule a final interview. I'm still waiting on the call. The company definitely used the hurry up and wait method and lead me on to believe I got the job instead of just telling me otherwise. get the job.get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would be a challenge in the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you increase sales from associates on a slow day?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to solve a difficult situation on your own? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

2015 Summer Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for this internship online and the HR department contacted me about 2 months later. I passed the first interview over phone with the HR person but I did not get to pass with the second person from the department that I wanted to work for.

Designer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews. No offer was made because position got put on hold. Extremely impressive creative talent, beautiful reception area, and nice offices. Human Resources was very responsive and helpful.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY).

Interview

3 interviews. Had to pass an online survey that is behavioral. wants assertive and ethical managers. Standard behavioral questions that can lead to casual business conversation. the look is important and cannot stress enough that it's not enough to just wear a suit and tie. read GQ and Esquire to make sure alterations were done well

Interview Questions

• Why Ralph Lauren? Tell me about how you were proactive in driving your business at ________________ What is your management style? What is a weakness of yours? How have you driven results at _____________? Tell me about client outreach and community partnerships at ______________   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was the normal interview process. Received a call from a non qualified HR person, interviewed with the GM that was overwhelmed. Second interview with the DM that seemed to care and then was hired shortly afterwards.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Aurora, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. it was a group interview so i met some of the competition and learned a lot from how they answered their questions. I went through a total of three interviews and finally i was offered the position and we discussed the pay and i filled out paper work and watched videos for 2 hours

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Initial contact with HR was months after my resume had been submitted internally by a current employee. First interview was with HR, then a second interview with direct manager and a few team members. The final interview consisted of a project- analysis of 4 different stores. There was also an excel test, short, just formatting and quick analysis, a v-look up.

Interview Questions

• The usual- strengths, weaknesses, describe a situation you had to work with a difficult person and how you overcame it, describe your working habits as a individual and a team   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

It was not too bad. They asked a few questions, and it was over. The atmosphere was pleasant. The interviewer was pretty decent. No question was too hard. This is the way an interview should be. Who thought it could be so smooth?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 applicants and 3 company mangers. Very pleasant atmosphere and they made us all feel at ease and comfortable. They did not make us feel intimidated and always said "ok, good" after we answered their question. The complete interview took approximately a half hour. They did not keep us waiting, we started right on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked as a team and how you overcame an obstacle with that team.   Answer Question