Polo Ralph Lauren

Average Difficulty
128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2012.

Interview Details – I received 2 calls from them to come in for and interview. I went in for an interview that was held in their breakroom in the back of the store. About a week later I received a call from the manager telling me that she would like me to be a part of the company and what day i would start.

Interview Question – How do you handle a customer that you know is stealing from the store and what would you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by department manager for initial interview. Interviewed lasted about 30 minutes which included a tour of the store. Questions were your routine sales questions. Second Interview was with General Manager and that took about 30 minutes as well. For the most part it was the usual retail questions but she did stress being able to deal with conflict between associates. I would definitely recommend looking the part...they stress that very much. So research the look and esthetic of Ralph Lauren.

Interview Question – How are you with handling conflict with co-workers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Stock Supervisor Interview

Stock Supervisor
High Point, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2013.

Interview Details – good process, they ask a lot of questions and you have the same opportunity

Interview Question – where you want to be doing in 5 years   Answer Question

Fremont, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2010.

Interview Details – Took about one week. First Interview was with HR Manager, Second Interview was with Store manager, then I was hired.

Interview Question – None really. Real generic interview questions, nothing highly complex.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2012.

Interview Details – You would submit an application with the General Store Manager/Center Director or higher (Area Manager or District Manager). Following the initial conversation; you would have a formal sit down interview with one, both, or all (possibly together, possibly individually). You are required to complete a survey which will either "recommend" or "not recommend" for the job. Following the survey, you may have an additional interview with one or more of the above mentioned people -- or depending on the store location and sales volume it does -- you may interview with the Regional Director or above.

Interview Question – Be prepared to speak to your professional developmental opportunities. What are you currently working on and how do you plan on developing that skill in the next 30-60-90 days? What are your two greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have very little (if any) negotiation room. Their store level payroll structure is very disciplined and strategic. They have 4 stores in the Orlando Market and are capable of promoting internally (due to excellent Talent and Developmental training) to keep payroll down.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – I went in and applied at the store and set up an interview for the following day. Following the interview I was given a link to an assessment test and upon completion I was phoned and offered the position and went in for orientation the next week. After the orientation we were told to call back the following day to receive our employee id and to find out when we were on the schedule. However, when I called back it seemed as if they were not ready for my call. One of the managers told me they would call me back in a few hours, which they didn't. I tried calling again to no avail and sent an email to the store to which I was replied to within a dat informing me of my schedule and my employee number.

Interview Question – They gave us 5 minutes to pick out three things in the store and then try to sell said things to the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offered flat our pay rate, no negotiation

Associate Designer Interview

Associate Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through career site and got an answer few months later, just about when I forgot about the fact that I applied for the job position. Got a contact from HR, I had a quick phone conversation and got an interview with the hiring manager.
Since it was an associate designer position, I got a project where I was notified there were few other candidates. I finished my project in one week and had another interview where I presented to hiring manager and then immediately after that I got to meet VP of the division. This would be considered 3rd interview.
Few weeks after that I got a call from HR for an offer!

Interview Question – There weren't particularly any difficult question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR and the director at least 2x. I was hired as a freelancer before I became full time. I think they were desperate to hire anyone since the person before me was there 15plus years and I believe she was also miserable.

Interview Question – Do I have any family? Do I know the story of Ralph Lauren.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a freelancers pay and I asked for $5.00 more and they really complained about it.... But eventually gave in... I think ingot luck for the fact they needed ANYONE with a pulse!

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – Screened through HR, then on to hiring manager. After that can also speak with key members of team. Didn't seem to be a formal questioning process; rather questions at the discretion of the interviewer. Straight forward. Can be a long period of time between any contact with the company and the next interview.

Interview Question – How do you measure your marketing programs. Be ready with some facts.   Answer Question

Floor Sales Representative Interview

Floor Sales Representative
Leesburg, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2011.

Interview Details – Videos of store policies, fitting room guidelines. Together with policies in interactions with other employees and customers.

Interview Question – as usual, 'where do you see yourself in five to ten years?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple statement of wage offered and schedule for work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren