Polo Ralph Lauren

Average Difficulty
128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Interview Question – how would you handle a shop lifter   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
High Point, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume' online and was contacted a few weeks later by a HR recruiter. He asked me a few questions about my availability and why I applied for the position. At the end of the phone call I was invited the next week for the Grammar/Writing and Color Deficiency Test. I passed all three of those on Monday and then was invited in for a computer test the following Wednesday. After passing this test I was then invited back that Thursday for a group interview. I had never had a group interview before and was shocked by the format. I was with 6 other candidates and we were interviewed by 3 people. They only asked each of us two questions each. None of us were asked the same question. After this it was followed by a tour and then they said they would let us know either way if we got the position the following week. I guess they didn't like my answers to my two questions and I never heard from anyone again which I thought was very unprofessional considering I devoted hours to the interview process. Obviously I was rejected but an email saying this and thank you for your time would have been nice.

Interview Question – Typical Behavioral Interview Questions such as describe a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Interview

Inventory Control
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Appeared that Hiring Mgr had reviewed ATS data already. Quick phone screen by HR. Then HR scheduled face to face. Multiple persons were present for the interview.

Interview Question – Asked about experience and a few behavioral questions.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2013.

Interview Details – They had me wait a while before I actually went into the office for the interview. The interview itself was one on one . Nothing to really hard was asked. What are your hobbies? Would you considered yourself a friendly and open person? The interview itself was fairly easy and timely .

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions...   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2009.

Interview Details – Nothing too special or out of the norm regarding the interview process. It doesn't hurt to look the part. The challenge is the time it takes them to make a choice. Its a big company with allot of red tape

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough, allot of red tape to get a little money. If you plan to negotiate higher than they offer someone in design better love you.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2012.

Interview Details – Long process, several interviews.

Interview Question – They really want to know about you and why you like the brand   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was expected. It was a group interview between 5 people and we were asked simple behavioral questions.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any. One question that did pop out was: what is the most important aspect in a typical retail industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I took what was offered. It was my first job.

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Production Manager Interview

Associate Production Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a position but HR contacted me about a position I was not interested in and did not applied for. They kept pushing that I go for this position because they needed to fill it fast. HR doesn't seem to care about filling the right experience candidate to the right job.

Interview Question – There was none because HR ask I go for a position with lower salary then my current one and something I was not interested in or applied for.   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process is exhausting. It entails months of interviews and countless meetings with prospective managers in the team and affiliated divisions.

Interview Question – what are your career goals working for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – bid as high as you can. once you're hired expect no promotion (unless you're blond).

Round Rock, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was during the holiday seasonal round up and the store was undergoing a lot of change. New GM. Hiring manager out for family reasons. So they did the best they could during a challenging time, but it was not as smooth as it is now. We did 2 group interviews and all of us were offered positions. 7 months later there are only 2 holiday hires left.

Interview Question – New hires are now asked to put together an outfit as part of the interview process. I would recommend looking at the Style Guide on the PRL web site.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered a seasonal post at $9/hr and I took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren